Stronghold Denim

STA TRU

Yeah, those persimmon-dyed jeans looked great. Has anyone seen these in person? I'd be real interested to see them side-by-side with a pair of persimmon-dyed Sugarcanes. They look like they'd fade spectacularly.

ask, and ye shall receive.

2isdw1g.jpg

Tried to capture the true color, I'd say the context pictures have probably fucked with the hue as they look a little more salmon-ey than brown.

gonna be switching off between these and the oni shoai this summer, aside from them being lighter they seem very similar in their unevenness, but shoai have big rogue warp knots the strongholds do not.

will post better pics when I get around to it.

first pair of denim with exposed back pocket rivets too... luckily I don't own any wooden chairs.

what kind of twill is that? i really have no clue

I got a 32 (33 waist). My true waist is 33-33.5 and I always end up sagging my jeans so I banked on them stretching to a 34. Probably could have been able to go down to a 31 for a slimmer fit but I'm planning on wearing these in lieu of khakis / chinos.

I'll post up a fit pic this weekend after the creases set a bit

Man that shit is slubby. Nice.

I've always liked other colored denim, but not so much when it's an overdye. Yarn dyed with white/ecru weft like this is much better. Close up that stuff looks like upholstery fabric. Thumbs up.

Sweeeet!!! How did you size on them Stacks?

So tempted....

You realize that, if you buy another pair of jeans, you have to send me your 7161s, right? Read the fine print on the tag :)

ROFLMAO! Bastards! Love you anyway!;)

Can't really justify that expenditure right now though... Besides... What size do you wear anyway Zissou? I do have a pair of MF dungarees (the ones that Relativity had such great pics of) in a size 32... But my MFSC are 30's :)

Dkatz - I'm pretty sure anything I sent you would be intercepted & might - one day - be found in a back alley bazaar! We'll talk when you're back :)

What the hell?? You also have a pair of 7163s?! I am a 32 in the 7161s, but kinda broke at the moment :\

Hah, riff - very good point! I see some pretty zany shit at markets here (example: I'm pretty sure the Boy Scouts of America just had a massive donate-clothing-to-poor-starving-Africans drive because I've seen a TON of young guys around town rocking Boy Scouts shirts, looking like they think they're fully The Shit).

And we'll talk when I'm back? I like the sounds of that. Random Uganda Shit for MF trade? Sounds like a plan!

Even though they are sanforized, decided to soak after a weeks wear. Glad I did, they got way rougher and a bit stiffer (no shrinkage).

If you want them fitted, I would suggest sizing down 2 from your "tts" size (true waist 33 = size 31)... but I wouldn't overdo it persimmon color + tight fit probably pushes you into homo territory.

w4o5l.png

Even though they are sanforized, decided to soak after a weeks wear. Glad I did, they got way rougher and a bit stiffer (no shrinkage).

If you want them fitted, I would suggest sizing down 2 from your "tts" size (true waist 33 = size 31)... but I wouldn't overdo it persimmon color + tight fit probably pushes you into homo territory.

w4o5l.png

Fuck yeah man. Looking good.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hurray for stripes and braces.

web.jpg?ver=12977296030001

Yeah. Shame this place seems to be falling by the wayside. I feel like if their website site was better* or even up to date it could help them. They have a few new items that are not on it. Chore coat come to mind.

*oh I hate flash so much, it keeps me up nights. F you flash!

Completely agree. Maybe they don't care. How did you get a pair with a decent rise?

• 3 months later...