Stronghold Denim

STA TRU

Jake,

those are sweet... I think I might need a pair soon myself....

Now what's with the yellow on them? is that chalk? Paint?

I hope that washes out...!

Tailors chalk! They use the yellow on the hickory stripe because the standard White doesn't show up on the fabric..... Washes right off

Jake,

those are sweet... I think I might need a pair soon myself....

Now what's with the yellow on them? is that chalk? Paint?

I hope that washes out...!

Those yellow marks are for placement of the pockets, buttons, etc. They'll wash out. IMHO, they really add to the handmade feel of the whole jean.

-Jake

Bill beat me to it! Tailors chalk.

Anyone thinking about getting these, my opinion is don't think, just get.

-Jake

jake,

is the back middle belt loop smaller than the others? or is it an optical illusion because of the hickory stripe?

The middle loop is the same size as all the other loops except for the selvedge loop on the left, which is bigger. That's the confusion I think.

-Jake

What's with crooked sewing on the care patch? Some of the words are sewn over so you can't read them.

We do that on purpose because we want people to wash their jeans daily, right side out, extra hot, with lots of Tide detergent

We do that on purpose because we want people to wash their jeans daily, right side out, extra hot, with lots of Tide detergent

Oh noooo!!! I have been doing it wrong this whole time.

I was updating my website, looking for some photos of old rivets (I know, this kind of thing entertains me for some reason) and happened to come across this photo of a turn-of-the-century Stronghold. Lovely. I believe the photo is courtesy of Heller's cafe.

stronghold2.jpg

Leicalad, here's a brieft story on my Cone visit. (And what's your Leica - or Leicas - btw?).

CONE MILLS STORY

• 3 weeks later...

My new Russell's have arrived! Been anxiously waiting for these.... They are the fleece lined knockabout, customized in dark brown Chromexcel leather, with an added instep strap, on a cushion crepe sole. They are fully fleece lined, like ugg boots, but look like regular russell engineer boots from the outside. They almost feel like cheating, they look and feel so good...

photo-156.jpg

photo-158.jpg

photo-157.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got to The Stronghold today. What a magnificent store! If I ever got a shopping spree anywhere it would easily be here. Bill was super cool and game my friend and me the full tour of the place. It also happened that fellow SuFu'er Tmadd was there. A mini Sufu/Mister Freedom meetup ensued:

n30901258_30626764_5626341.jpg

Thanks Bill, I hope to come back and get a custom barn jacket/chore coat thingy made up when those are ready.

When will the custom barn jacket / chore coats be ready?

We'll be able to take orders in a few weeks hopefully.... just nailing down the fit.. Harder than you'd think for a barn coat!

I was updating my website, looking for some photos of old rivets (I know, this kind of thing entertains me for some reason) and happened to come across this photo of a turn-of-the-century Stronghold. Lovely. I believe the photo is courtesy of Heller's cafe.

stronghold2.jpg

Leicalad, here's a brieft story on my Cone visit. (And what's your Leica - or Leicas - btw?).

CONE MILLS STORY

Wow! What a fabulous post! I really enjoyed reading of the tour. I wonder if one can buy Black Seed denim directly from Cone? I'd really love to have a sport coat made from that. sigh.

As for cameras, I lug around several. My main toys are an M6 (.85) and an M7 (.58), but I have a pair of CLEs and an old Leica IIIa from 1937 that I carry when feeling real retro. Lenses cover the range from 15 to 90, with several different lenses at each according to their fingerprint. In Asia, film is still really cheap, but I find when I visit home in the US, I put them aside just 'cause the film costs are so ridiculous. Glad I'm heading back to Asia in a couple weeks!

Thanks, again, for the tour posting. It a great read. (And sorry it took so long for me to notice your msg.)

Cheers!

Hey Jake,

Welcome to the hickory stripe crew. I've been wearing my Lee's for years and really dig em.

Leefront.jpg

Leeback.jpg

As promised, I took some pictures when my light got good. I have no good fit pics, so when I get a chance to take some, I will. On to the pics...

So there you have it. They are just too cool. I'll be wearing them tonight for their inaugural public debut. Thanks again, Bill!

-Jake

Hey Jake,

Welcome to the hickory stripe crew. I've been wearing my Lee's for years and really dig em.

Leefront.jpg

Leeback.jpg

As promised, I took some pictures when my light got good. I have no good fit pics, so when I get a chance to take some, I will. On to the pics...

So there you have it. They are just too cool. I'll be wearing them tonight for their inaugural public debut. Thanks again, Bill!

-Jake

Selvage Shop Aprons!!

Perfect for the garage or the BBQ... Cut right off the bolt, selvage on both sides. In 11.5oz Indigo at the moment. Other colors avail. upon request.

photo-161.jpg

Selvage Shop Aprons!!

Perfect for the garage or the BBQ... Cut right off the bolt, selvage on both sides. In 11.5oz Indigo at the moment. Other colors avail. upon request.

photo-161.jpg

Wow...great move. Hopefully I can find a legitimate reason to put one of those to use soon.