Sign in to follow this  
minya

New moderator!

OK folks, I've enlisted my services to chad & wayne to help out with moderation. They are busy-ass dudes and I think this forum needs some moderators to straighten some things out so hopefully I'll do a good job.

I'll be working on a forum rules thread to sticky at the top of the forum -- to keep people reminded of the rules... just to give you guys an idea of what I'm going to be looking out for:

#1 -- flamewars/shit posts. Being an asshole is unnecessary. Obviously disagreement is fine but if you're going to endlessly flame someone, do it via PM or don't do it at all. Offending posts will be deleted.

#2 -- please try to use the search function as much as possible. There's a LOT of information on this site and if you have a question, chances are it's been asked before.

#3 -- I'm also going to try to move stuff around to proper forums. chad & wayne will be creating a "supermarket" forum soon, so everyone (and myself) will have a place to post for sale threads.

I think chad & wayne are looking for a few other moderators, so if you have the time/energy/maturity to do so get in touch with them.

And just to point out: I'm now a moderator of the site but all opinions I express are my own (obviously) and have nothing to do with and are not representative of superfuture or its creators or anything of that sort.

Cheers folks.

Thanks for stepping up minya. Much appreciated. I've noticed that quality of the board has gone down recently. Cheers!

nice. good luck.

don't feel bad when you're under-appreciated. comes with the territory.

please stop people from re-cycling week old threads.

(how do ed47's fit? how do i wash my fucking selvage jeans? what is selvedge? what shoes do i wear with my selvage jeans?... )

No Shirt. No Shoes. No Dice.

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

Great, time for ST to improve. Minya, I feel you would be a great choice, your posts always has that right balance.

oh also -- one more thing to add -- PLEASE DON'T LEECH IMAGES.

If you want to put an image in your post, upload it to Imageshack or Photobucket or your own hosting and then link it from there. Please do not link it from the original hoster's site. This sucks up a lot of their bandwidth. Everyone who reads your post will be downloading the picture, which means a lot of unexpected bandwidth use for the people hosting that pic. This is kind of a pain, I know, but I'm pretty sure it's already gotten Alife pissed off at superfuture (see the Alife Ritefoot thread from a few weeks ago) so it's just a good idea to have it on your own or free hosting.

Thanks.

yeah after seeing how fucked up Honest Forum is with active moderators I agree. You better not delete any of my post Minya, you do-gooder piece of shit.

MILitary SPECificationS OO

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

Quote: Haha. Don't worry, MilSpex, you're marked for death.

lol u just got my vote.

teisco.gif

Quote:

Haha. Don't worry, MilSpex, you're marked for death.

icon_smile_kisses.gif

--- Original message by minya on Nov 27, 2005 11:01 PM

icon_smile_big.gif

MILitary SPECificationS OO

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

Yay minya will make a great mod to SF. Now all the shit threads can be locked out. I suggest you sticky the ancient APC and selvedge threads so people won't post redundant threads.

I just hope this forum doesn't become nazi ruled like Honest forum is...flame wars are fun sometimes.

welcome to the team. it is nice to have a helping hand.

everyone play nice!

Quote:

Yay minya will make a great mod to SF. Now all the shit threads can be locked out. I suggest you sticky the ancient APC and selvedge threads so people won't post redundant threads.

I just hope this forum doesn't become nazi ruled like Honest forum is...flame wars are fun sometimes.

--- Original message by super on Nov 28, 2005 02:52 AM

Quote: I suggest you sticky the ancient APC and selvedge threads so people won't post redundant threads.
Interesting idea, what do the rest of you think?

It would make for a nice resource, in everyone's face, but I wonder if it'd actually be read.... or if it'd just end up as unused clutter.

good choice:) i think you'll do fine minya

good luck

''I'm a street-walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm/i'm a runaway son of the nuclear A-bomb/I am the world's forgotten boy/The one who searches and destroys''...James Jewel Osterberg

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by super on Nov 28, 2005 02:52 AM

Quote: I suggest you sticky the ancient APC and selvedge threads so people won't post redundant threads.
Interesting idea, what do the rest of you think?

It would make for a nice resource, in everyone's face, but I wonder if it'd actually be read.... or if it'd just end up as unused clutter.

--- Original message by minya on Nov 28, 2005 07:53 AM

Minya, good luck. You seem like you know what's good for this place. About that Idea, frankly it sucks. Those threads are too long and no one wants to weed through 20 pages to get a question answered. I never ever read those threads just because of the sheer length of them.

my favourite things

http://mfthings.blogspot.com/

yeah, i'm not a big fan of stickies either, they end up clogging everything up ...

anyway, good luck dude, knock this place into shape ;)

Quote: I never ever read those threads just because of the sheer length of them.
Excellent point. You're right, a new-and-revised FAQ would be a better idea. I'll start working on that shortly.

Wow, the topics on these forums since your announcement have actually been relevant.

And that shopforum is going to get put me into debt in the near future!icon_smile_sad.gif

Are you going to crack down on people quoting a whole bunch of inline images and then adding one or two lines of text?

I think you should, although most people probably won't. Best of luck!

you fuckking herb get a hobby i'm not gonna praise like all these other posters...psttt tryin to trun this into niketalk with your little moderation GET YOUR KICKS DOING SOMETHING ELSE

i fought the law and the law won

as some of you may have noticed, i have been made a new moderator for supertalk.

now that i have the power my first action will be to delete the whole WAYWT thread icon_smile_big.gif

all joking aside i think that minya, has been doing a great job, and the forum has got alot cleaner, so i thought i would give him, chad, and wayne a hand.

i have one thing to add to minya's list above

#1 if someone posts a question that has been answered lots of times, and you feel inclined to bump it, please at least post a link to the right thread, since you are good at using the search function. this way when others look at least there is something useful.

hap

teisco.gif

Edited by haptronic on Jan 31, 2006 at 03:54 PM

also forgot to add that all opinions are my own and not representitive in any way, of superfuture it's creators etc...

teisco.gif