digital cameras

ok

looking for some input on buying a new digital camera.

i would be using it to take pix that would end up on a web site or in print.

want something that is good quality. and of course for as cheap as possible.

and any general info is appreciated.

is 7mpxls too much? or is that good. best brands. what to look for. etc.

thank you.

The megapixels isn't everything, I'd say 7mpx is a bit overkill, if you don't buy a system camera, or whatever they're called in english :)

I've got a Canon Powershot A520 myself, and I'm not satisfied with the white balance in strong lightning/reflections, else it's a good budget choice

;-(~~

Edited by qom on Nov 27, 2005 at 02:02 PM

Quote:

I'm also looking for a new digi cam. I am debating between the Casio Z750 and the Cannon 450. Anyone have any experience with either of these?

--- Original message by Le Dirte on Nov 27, 2005 07:48 PM

IMO Casio Z750 is the best camera for the money on the market. What a deal. I have personal experience with the Z750 and limited experience with the 450, and the Z750 is a sure bet.

DPR also regards the Z750 very highly. It's an amazingly good camera, especially for the money. Kind of unbelievable that the retail is only $400 for all its features.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the Canon EOS 350D which I'm really happy with, good value for money, but still a high price if you only want to take snapshots. It's a DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) and you have a lot of manual options. It's quite big, not a camera you can carry in your pockets. Only consider a DSLR if you really want to experiment with photography, otherwise you'll spend to much money on a big camera with options you won't use.

If you want to make big prints than the amount of pixels is important. For regular size photos around 3.0 MegaPixels is more than sufficient. For use on your computer screen you really don't need more.

For years I'm also using a digital compact camera, the Canon PowerShot S110 (I bought it in the USA, In Europe this series is called Ixus, I believe), which is a good easy-to-use camera and I still use it for snapshots, for example when I go out and don't want to carry a big camera. All newer versions have more pixels (the more pixels, the bigger you can print, or zoom in on the picture), but furthermore are more or less the same quality.

So Canon is one of my favorites, but also all other main brands (Nikon, Sony, etc) offer more or less similar quality. Easiest is to think about what you want (for example: a lot of zoom), how much money you want to spend and just check a site that compares camera's and/or sites with consumer reviews.

F*CKING WHATEVER