favorite pocket flashers

cheep

ive always been a fan of the sda ones they seem tongue in cheek, as a good repro company should be.

daptd13268we9.jpg

Actually it's REALLY cheeky

3042603331_e261f08957.jpg

I'm a real fan of the Lee pocket flashers in general.

Here's the 1936 one:

3043433814_c8ed79fbb8.jpg

and here's the sc40601 flasher:

3043433866_3ed2e06d04.jpg

It's not a lot of fun like the sda and yamane flashers but I like the traditional nature of it.

The art noveau text always gets me on the flashers...

Also stuff from Warehouse is fun. Their flashers are more inspired by the turn of the century practice of making engravings super-complex so as to foil forgery (not sure what the are history term for that is)

CD, I'm stealing from your image in the under appreciated WH Duckdigger thread:

1381941613_064ae8af62_o.jpg

I don't want to sound like a dick, but that is taken from something else and that is how ideas get diluted until there is hardly anything left.

Oh well...

I agree, but there's always been a fine line between absolute plagiarism and being inspired. Being inspired gives birth to innovation in the arts. I think that Sugar Cane flasher is more on the side of plagiarism, while the denim fabric itself is an innovation from the original way of making denim.

I agree, but there's always been a fine line between absolute plagiarism and being inspired. Being inspired gives birth to innovation in the arts. I think that Sugar Cane flasher is more on the side of plagiarism, while the denim fabric itself is an innovation from the original way of making denim.

Where's that Sugar Cane one plagiarised from? OK there's me being naive thinking that was a true original.

And my intention was never to copy the design but possibly to use some of the lines in different ways.

someone should line up a pocket flasher design contest for the next sufu denim project.

Winner of the pocket flash design gets a free pair of contest denims or something along those lines, could be fun.

(if it were to ever pan out, I want in!)

Apologies about derailing, that was just me being anal about some things.

Don't worry about it, I know exactly what you mean and I do agree. Just the other morning I saw an advert in the newspaper which I recognised, and then I realised the whole idea had been taken from the cover of a book on retail design that I have. It virtually the same but the colours had been changed a little, and I completely disagree with that it can be creatively stunting and not innovating like it should be.

To go back to the topic, a flasher design contest would be so cool I'd be in!

• 2 weeks later...

This my new favorite thread..

Some great stuff in here, keep them coming..