screen printing for t shirts

dare1881

hi, im looking to print tshirts for myself (im in south east asia).

would u guys kindly provide information on this matter.

1. where can i get quality t shirts with the nice cutting (like stussy), and what are the brands?

2. where can i get i quality screen prints (with nice colurs)?

3. what are the procedures i should be looking at?

thanks

guess it's a matter of taste, but I hate Supreme's cut. Especially the more recent stuff with the ultra-tight collar. regardless, your best bet is to search http://directory.google.com/Top/Business/Industries/Fashion/Manufacture/Clothing, http://dmoz.org, http://dir.yahoo.com/Business_and_Economy/Business_to_Business and some other business to business sites. Considering your in asia should make it that much easier since so much apparel manufacturing is based out of there.

surprised you guys like the collar. i hate a stretched out, overly big collar as much as a tight one, but Supreme's new tees feel like I'm wearing it with a tie. the overall shape is nice though, and the cotton itself isn't as coarse as the norm. though personally i could go with something a touch softer still if it doesn't mean sacrificing weight.

I've been using American Apparel for my line. The cut is sleek and the color and style options are pretty good for a new line. I don't know how accessible they are for the asian market being that they are based in california though, but check www.americanapparel.net .

I've also heard that Alore is pretty good but as someone mentioned you probably have access to a lot more options in asia.

Also I've found www.infomat.com very helpful.

Good luck.

Making Africa Pop!!!

www. annansi.com

a note on american apparel

-they're considerably more expensive blanks than other brands making your overhead skyrocket

-They're a much thinner, softer and clingier shirt with more of a scooped neck. And while this probably appeals to some guys... From experience I have to say those guys are the minority. Most guys seem to want a liitle more weight to their shirt and something that will keep it's form, Both things American Apparel do not do

-A lot of stores actually have shown disinterest, or less so from brands printing on american apparel. For the reasons i mentioned above and because american apparel shirts have such a distinctive feel that basically every shirt printe don them loses a chunk of their identity.

-They shrink considerably

BUT

-if you're gonna do Girls tees, i would mos def do them on American apparel tees. They make a perfect girls cut shirt that girls love... But find another brand to print your men's tees on.

Find a printer and ask him to show you samples.

Edited by Dolo on Sep 15, 2004 at 08:19 PM

yoyo dolo, this is the scoop from down under....

t's- cause my mate had such a terrible time finding good t's (hated american apprel) they have decided to cut themselves. this is just taking off, and i'm not sure about colors etc , but minimums will be relativley small (like 25 per colorway) which is a big bonus for a small label, and the cuts are slim...check it out at http://www.alpha60.com..as they are supplying them.

printing graphics- i design a few t's her and there for glboe internatiobnal, brands like stussy, freshjive and the like....and their printers generally like ilustraor .eps files, and they want each different color on a differnt layer (called color separation) and these have to be specified accroding to Pantone color system.

good luck and if ur iunterested in t's get in touch- [email protected] and ill pass on ur details....

• 3 weeks later...