ALIFE LEVIS 501s

Dolo

i don't know how many of you have actually seen these, But i was really excited at the prospects of a collab like this

Well they dropped last saturday for I think $170+?? (I forget the exact price may have been closer to $180).

I have to say I'm really really dissapointed with them. They come in six colors, Green, Royal Blue, Yellow, Red, Orange (I think) and a Dark Denim Blue... But they're really all just basic Levis 501s with a little alife tage hidden under the Levs tag, and alife written on in small print next to Levis on the Back leather patch. Oh and the Dark denim ones have a green V stitch on the back pocket rather than the usual yellow. Maybe there were some other very very very subtle nuances i may have missed but i looked over the jeans really carefully after trying them on hoping to find something that would make me go "Ahhhh... now I see!!"

I was hoping for some premium quality denim, some real attention to detail and who knows what else considering the two brands collaberating. But they're the exact same quality Denim you'd get with regular 501s which you can purchase for what $40-$70(depending on where you go). Yes these have the the bright colorways.. but I remember levis always making 501s in lots of other colors besides just the basic denim blues and blacks. I remember Canal Jeans (I don't know if the new smaller Canal keeps the same huge stock they once did at the larger store) and even the Levis Store stocking Green, Red, Yellow 501s all the time and would always put out new colors each season of the 501s

I don't mean to sound like i'm hating because i'm not.. I was really looking forward to seeing these and buying a pair. I've always liked what Alife has done in the past, But these were beyond dissapointing. It was like Levis came to Alife and gave them 1 weeks to come up with an idea and have it go to print. No real thought went into it it seems.. besides having them say "Alife/Levis" on them.

the tees were also a bit weak (but what else is new) with the exception of the one aNYthing tee which was alright.

Edited by Dolo on Sep 14, 2004 at 09:59 AM

Hock: Do you need to be on the record as being opposed to anything I say??

For example: A successful collaboration would be Supreme, Atmos and a slew of others going to the drawing boards and fucking around with Dunks and Air Maxes while still keeping them Dunks and Air Maxes.

When Alife worked with Adidas didn't they give the "Attitude Highs" their own distinct identity while still maintaining that they were still a pair of "Attitudes Highs"? Alife didn't even try anything like that this time with the 501s... they're just basic 501s, the same quality as regular 501s in colorways that used to be readily availbe not too long ago if you knew where to look. Not even a fancy package or a key fob or anything! Why am I repeating this?? Oh because you're a moron... I forgot. The point of this collaboration just looked like slapping two names on a tag together rather than making a hot product. But then again you are an Idiot Hock and maybe all you need are simple things like seeing Alife written next to Levis to make you happy with a product and that's it! If you want I can maybe buy you a pair of Dockers and scribble "Stussy" in a ball point pen on one back pocket and "Rogan" on the other! I bet that'd make you shit your pants huh!? Just don't shit the Levis-Docker/Rogan/Stussy colabs i'm givin you though!

Wanna try and find a stronger point to latch onto Hock? Or should I just leave a tpyo in here for you to use as ammunition?? Oh look I just did... Now go to work boss!

Edited by Dolo on Sep 14, 2004 at 10:07 PM

DaZang!! Holy shit man.. Urban Outfitters, Abercrombie & "Bitch" AND American Apparel all in one witty attack!!! Have you no mercy Hock?? Are the tears streaming down my face not enough!?? you have so pegged and o\/\//\/3d. But i don't get it hock? How can you tear down something Supreme's done now when two weeks ago everything they made was magic and I should a stuck to my Abercrombie & Bitch back then when I spoke out against them? So now that you're speakin out against Supreme is it safe to guess you're back to rockin your Payless Shaqs & Sketchers for this week.. I mean that's if we follow your logic, but then again you're an Idiot.

*cough* cough* moron hit 41st between Madison and 5th.. you'll magically see a huge 2 or 3 floor Japanese Used Book Chain called "Book Off" that doesn't exist. Feel like an Idiot yet?? Oh wait... of course you do.

Seriously do you need glasses?? do words glaze over?? should i have made bold where I said Canal Jeans had 501s in most of those colorways no more than a year ago (shortly before the old shop closed) the first time?

P.S. should I tear into your Typos also? Or do you feel like you've made a moron of yourself already that i should let them slide??

Alife/Levis kept shit simple, real simple like you.

oh and please document "known bullshit" i've made up here... I'm curious. Oh wait you tried and were just proven an Idiot, silly me!

Quote: hahahahaha... Yo hock do you just love getting sonned? Just slink away into a corner, don't come back further sonning yourself on your own.

Nothing worse than a chump typing out laughter. It's the cheesiest move in the posting books ain't it? Right before typo commentary?Lame Dolo lame. Seriously, get some new material, some new bullshit and come back here.

Keep it short and spicy, none of that post-grad wannabee bullshit you're known to spew all over these boards. 10 words or less if you can, but I doubt your little pea-brain will permit that kind of conciseness. Toss in a couple of 10$ words and some made-up-bullshit on some clothes you've "seen" around town and just fade out, buddy.

I'm surprised at the amount of bootsauce you take around here and keep coming back like a

bad odour. ..you really are a dolo aren't you? Shit, son....y'all crawl back here again soon, y'here.

(i'm surprised you're not bullshitting that you knew the ramones or something....)

why are 19 of your 23 posts all directed at me?? Just ask me out already.

I need new material?? how many times have you used your masterful Abercrombie & Bitch line?

Come at you for a typo? you're the moron who decided to use a typo i once made as ammunition for your defense in another post. Did you forget that?

I know i can be long winded, but how many 4 paragraph replies have you written?? I'm aware of it at least and my statements make sense. Hypocrite much?

And how am I back peddling on a book store with a lame excuse to cover it up? Are you that stupid? Prove to me and everyone that i'm lying... that i created this book store, and it's in my mind right. I'm waiting. I'm not the idiot who moved to NYC 5 years ago, I grew up here and know where shit is. You're the idiot who made this into an issue when you challanged the existance of it because you had never heard of it.. and now when proven wrong you cant even back down! I admire your stubborness and dedication to being proven an idiot time in and time out. If it was me I would have just said "Oh shit, I didnt know that place existed! My Bad!" But no, not you!

Bullshitting? Just because you never knew it existed.. like the book store doesnt mean someone's bullshitting. What the fuck do i have to gain by bullshitting about the colors of 501s?? Just because you don't know the Levis catalog front and back doesnt mean it didn't exist. ask anyone who has ever been to Canal or any spot that carried a FULL RANGE of Levis product at any given time. You've turned a non-issue.. my dissapointment with the Alife-Levis into some idiotic campaign JUST to argue with me. It would have been one thing if you said.. "Naw I think they're hot and actually they have this, that and are made with this that and the other and that's why they're tight collabo" But you didn't... you honestly had nothing to say about the jeans except trying to start a fight on here. Now that you're proven an Idiot why don't you take a rest and just delete yourself.

Go back through your posts, you use one argument one week as your ammunition against something someone else says and the following week you flip it around and contradict yourself. Supreme being a prime example.

Every point you have ever brought up in ANY thread has not only been proven moot, but even you drop arguing it the very second it's challenged. You then move onto either name calling or spewing non-sensicals rather than defending what you said.

I'm tired of this... When you can string an argument that doesnt mostly consist of your faux white thug bravado and repeating "Abercrombie & Bitch" every other post, then come at me.

Edited by Dolo on Sep 17, 2004 at 10:36 AM

someone please give me a coles note version of the crap above that Some local Moron typed out and get back to me with the condensed version. There just ain't enough hours in day to read some bullshitter's spew. Seems the moron is panicking and just lsoin' his marbles. Slap on your adult diaper and go back to your day shift at payless, loser.

that isn't one of the the Levis/Alife tees...

the one you linked to has been on sale that on the site a couple of months before the jeans dropped. I don't know if it has anything to do with the jeans, but that isn't one of the tees i was talking about when i mentioned them in my previous posts.

the colabo tees are: 2 or three alife ones (one of which is just five bars in the colors of the jeans), One aNYthing Tee (which has a slot machine icon motif to it), 2 Futura Lab tees & one Ssur tee. They're all white tees with silk screen graphics.. I may have missed one design, but i think that's all of them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I do have to say, it was one of the funniest goddamn things in my life when i was in alife a few weeks back and this old woman was looking at the jeans, asking questions like: "What's the difference between these and regular 501s? Where are these made? What's so special about these?" The three employees were caught off guard and clueless and only could muster up: "Well, they have our tag on the back." Guess you had to be there but....

If you have only one product in a 3000 sq foot store, how the fuck do you not know your product?

I AM LEISURE.

well...their answer to the old lady was pretty much all it is. It just has the tag on the back! Plus colors for the daring and queer!

But it's good that she was asking those questions. Most of the time when I see middle aged men/women/couples coming into these stores catered to the "young and hip/trendy" intending to buy some stuff for their kids or whatever they rarely ask things like that...heck they don't even enquire about the unusually high price tag! Guess they're either loaded or just enjoy spoiling their kids/trying to buy love.

I hate everything and everyone.

• 4 months later...