iPhone Apps

showbiz00ditc

finally broke down and made a theme... i took hours. nice and simple. no pages except for the home page. all the links at the top take me to other folders with those files in them. nice and clean. yea i know blah blah blah supreme background, im just testing some out.

yehh005.png

heres an example of a one of the folders .. this is the media one.

yehh009.png

sooo much better than the normal clustered up shit with multiple pages!

i have a jailbroken (or unlocked? the one where you can DL free apps) iphone 3g version 2,1.

How the fuck do i restore it to normal and upgrade to 3.0? I am retarded with this stuff and usually have my friend do it for me. +++rep

How the fuck do i restore it to normal and upgrade to 3.0? I am retarded with this stuff and usually have my friend do it for me. +++rep

You can just upgrade normally through iTunes; please be sure to sync your data before you do so. Your phone will become un-jailbroken via update.

I'm really tempted to jailbreak my phone, when i first bought the phone i'd already learned how to do it and downloaded the software to do it, but i chickened out having read in various places that it fucks your warranty. i mean if your phone breaks is it easy to fix, and is it really worth jailbreaking??

edit: jailbroke the phone... wheres a good place to find decent apps for free?

I'm really tempted to jailbreak my phone, when i first bought the phone i'd already learned how to do it and downloaded the software to do it, but i chickened out having read in various places that it fucks your warranty. i mean if your phone breaks is it easy to fix, and is it really worth jailbreaking??

edit: jailbroke the phone... wheres a good place to find decent apps for free?

Jailbreaking is software-only. You can restore it to the latest OS version through iTunes if you need to bring it in for repair, etc.

oh, i thought you had to restore it to factory settings before upgrading to 3.0. or else it would brick the phone?

Maybe if you unlocked it; jailbroken OS' have always just defaulted post-upgrade. If you're scared, just sync and restore your phone, and then upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...

So I caved and got an iphone. thing is I never really liked apple products, especially anything in the ipod family, and I loath Itunes. I caved cause I didn't want to fork over the doe for a BBBold, and I got a special deal. ANYWHO...I'd love nothing more than to be able to do this (clean up the entire screen, make subfolders). Can anyone help me? Will my phone need to be jailbroken, need photoshop, etc?

finally broke down and made a theme... i took hours. nice and simple. no pages except for the home page. all the links at the top take me to other folders with those files in them. nice and clean. yea i know blah blah blah supreme background, im just testing some out.

yehh005.png

heres an example of a one of the folders .. this is the media one.

yehh009.png

sooo much better than the normal clustered up shit with multiple pages!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So I caved and got an iphone. thing is I never really liked apple products, especially anything in the ipod family, and I loath Itunes. I caved cause I didn't want to fork over the doe for a BBBold, and I got a special deal. ANYWHO...I'd love nothing more than to be able to do this (clean up the entire screen, make subfolders). Can anyone help me? Will my phone need to be jailbroken, need photoshop, etc?

The easiest way to do this would be to google blackra1n, download it to your computer and allow it to jailbreak your phone. Install Cydia using blackra1n on your phone. From there search and download an app called 'categories'. It let's you put your apps into folders and really cleans up the clutter. You can also search for a theme you like using cydia. If you want something more cusomized then yea you would need Photoshop or another editing program but that seems like more work than you want or can do. Have fun!

I got the sleep app... you put your phone face down on your bed while you sleep and it monitors your movements, chooses a good time for you to wake up within a half hour of your set alarm.

It has a nice little graph of how you slept each night that you can review, and i have to say, its usually very right... if i know i cant fall asleep i make a note in my mind of what time it is, and when you look at the graph, its right.

its called "sleep cycle".

Spent yesterday afternoon getting my phone back in working order. It died earlier this week, then got stuck in an infinite loop of restarting. I dunno, but eventually it let me put it in recovery mode and I was able to restore it.

This is the lock screen:

photo3fs.jpg

Time drops down to a calendar (i can never remember the date or quickly figure out the date a week from day x):

photo4mu.jpg

It also scrolls

Homepage (and the only page):

photo5nl.jpg

Hate that I lost my old theme. This one works okay except for no custom tweetdeck icon and the Categories app appears to not let you customize the look of folders anymore :confused: I'll probably spend some free time this weekend making a new theme.

• 3 months later...
I got the sleep app... you put your phone face down on your bed while you sleep and it monitors your movements, chooses a good time for you to wake up within a half hour of your set alarm.

It has a nice little graph of how you slept each night that you can review, and i have to say, its usually very right... if i know i cant fall asleep i make a note in my mind of what time it is, and when you look at the graph, its right.

its called "sleep cycle".

i can cosign this one, worth the cost.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...