iPhone Apps

showbiz00ditc

does your itunes not recognize your iphone in dfu in 10.5.6?

if youre already jailbroken, it shouldnt matter.

if you arent and dfu isnt recognized, plug your iphone in via a usb hub, instead of straight into the computer's usb ports.

i wouldnt recommend downgrading your os, unless youre willing to reformat. that sort of stuff gets real nasty.

So I finally got around to upgrading to 2.2.1 from 2.1 mainly because my texts werent always sending, my phone wouldnt always ring, and I heard I'd be able to sync my hotmail.

While the first two problems are solved for the most part (still not all texts are sending) I'm now having a problem with my hotmail.

Its saying I have hundreds of new messages when in fact these are all old messages that I've already read through on my computer and have kept in the inbox.

I was looking for something like a 'Mark All as read' button but cant find anything like it.

Is there any way to fix this?

I heard you have to delete all the messages from my inbox then fuck around with some settings in hotmail so they delete emails after 10 days on the server. I wouldnt want to delete all the messages, i figure moving them all into a folder would work? ... problem is i have 60 pages of emails to move, and cant find an easy way to do it.

Any help with this?

Or another method would be greatly appreciated

i think youre SOL unless hotmail releases imap support.

its pop3 right now, so instead of updating from the central server like imap would, it treats the iphone as its own server.

putting it all in folders might work, but yeah it would be time consuming.

just switch to gmail and forward your hotmail to gmail perhaps?

yea my phones been acting up recently.

not sending texts

not receiving texts

not ringing for phone calls

ahave a feeling its caused by jailbreak so im gonna restore soon and see if it helps at all.

i'm on 2.1 i heard 2.2.1 battery life sucks... is there anyways i can just go to 2.2?

yeah my shit was acting up like i wouldnt get my emails and i couldnt send so i just restored it and said fuck it. id rather have my phone working than having a shit ton of sick apps that slow down my phone and fuck it up.

Your missing out on a lot of other good apps besides cycorder imo.

yeah i only wanted a vid camera didnt care for anything else to be honest.

• 3 weeks later...

ALso... I found out about Installo.us this weekend and had to jailbreak my phone again for it.

Essentially the app store but FO FREE.

(and a bit harder to navigate)

So i'm getting my free app on... sofar got Beatmaker and Touchgrind ... what's everyones favourite paid apps?

(good thing about it also is it syncs the apps with your itunes juust like you paid for them ;) )

Am new to this and a n00b, not jailbroken yet

looking for a rss reader that lets me import all my google reader subscribtions. currently just using it via the google app.

Also something like adium?

Happy so far

not sure which clients Adium supports but take a look at Beejive IM, that's what i use for messaging

Topple 2: Great game where you have to stack different shaped blocks as high as possible while balancing with the iPhone's accelerometer. Ton of new levels were added.