iPhone Apps

showbiz00ditc

Spent yesterday afternoon getting my phone back in working order. It died earlier this week, then got stuck in an infinite loop of restarting. I dunno, but eventually it let me put it in recovery mode and I was able to restore it.

This is the lock screen:

photo3fs.jpg

Time drops down to a calendar (i can never remember the date or quickly figure out the date a week from day x):

photo4mu.jpg

It also scrolls

Homepage (and the only page):

photo5nl.jpg

Hate that I lost my old theme. This one works okay except for no custom tweetdeck icon and the Categories app appears to not let you customize the look of folders anymore :confused: I'll probably spend some free time this weekend making a new theme.

is your locked screen an app or was that in a new update? i think i'm still on 3.xx or something

Thats called LockInfo. Requires jb.

yup. and its a really easy install. I had it prior to the creator releasing it to cydia so it was free, but now its even easier to put in place. I also had that running on 3.0.1 so you shouldn't have any issues. My current lock screen (which is just a winterboard theme)

img0409.png

wow lockinfo is pissing me off, first it did nothing but a sad iphone screen on lock, uninstalled, now i have battery screen but when i swipe it shows the sad iphone and won't come out of safe mode, springboard keeps crashing, i reinstalled/re-uninstalled twice now, and i'm still getting the sad iphone screen on lock and can't stop the springboard from crashing

wow lockinfo is pissing me off, first it did nothing but a sad iphone screen on lock, uninstalled, now i have battery screen but when i swipe it shows the sad iphone and won't come out of safe mode, springboard keeps crashing, i reinstalled/re-uninstalled twice now, and i'm still getting the sad iphone screen on lock and can't stop the springboard from crashing

Yeah, I hate seeing that sad face.

Which version of LockInfo are you using?

LockInfo 2.3.4.14

working on my iphone 4 (ios 4.0.1)

from this repository:

http://repo.insanelyi.com/

i have a problem with my 3gs. ever since ive updated my iphone, i cant connect to the internet through the 3g network. Through wifi i can connect without a problem, but when i turn wifi off, it wont connect to anything.

ive rebooted and restored my phone, and still wont connect. Has anyone else had this problem?

ive done a hard reset too nothing changed. I can still make calls and send/receive texts, but if im trying to check email or go on safari, it wont connect. My iphone isnt unlocked, but it was jb'ed on a software version before os 4.0 came out. I just decided to update it and then this happened

Duuuuuudes help.... i am running 3.1.3 and hear 4.1 is better in some ways now...

problem is i have a 3G.... so should i just not bother and upgrade? or is the jump in OS make a speed difference?

ideas? help? i have read all over the place and no one seems to have a straight answer.

rep fo help

Duuuuuudes help.... i am running 3.1.3 and hear 4.1 is better in some ways now...

problem is i have a 3G.... so should i just not bother and upgrade? or is the jump in OS make a speed difference?

ideas? help? i have read all over the place and no one seems to have a straight answer.

rep fo help

hope you didn't.

the phone will become glitchy because the processor of the 3g and 3gs can not handle the new firmware.

seconding what joelz has said. I've seen plenty of 3GS iPhones running 4.0 and 4.1 with no issue, and all the features are available. A number of my coworkers had problems with 4.0 on the 3G, but downgrading their firmware or updating to 4.1 fixed it.

• 4 weeks later...
I heard 4.1 really helped speed 3G's up.

It actually did I unjailbroke mine bc it's getting sold and restored it all the way up to 4.1 and was blown away by how fast it moves now even though I'll never use it again.