supercollegelife: funny facts, rant, photos, help, stuff...

freecat

I hate busywork more than most things. I'm 6 credits away from being a godamn senior, why should I be doing assignments on how to research and correctly cite information? What a waste of my fucking time.

Anyways, i go to SFSU if anyone wants to get beers some night.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION?

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT PRESSURE = FORCE/AREA = MASS X ACCELERATION/AREA = INAYA X ACCELERATION/AREA?

What is my patience wearing today? Thin edition!

So much Inaya X Acceleration/Area on my shoulders for med school but I'm already at a significant disadvantage at UCI how will I ever be GETTIN ARAB MONEY??

Will I end up reselling Supreme and kush in my hometown??

I'll either be B.A.L.L.A. S.T.A.T.U.S. or FAM0US.

This was equal parts hilarious and sad.

English major. Shitloads of IB credit, so I'm graduating mucho early. I just read and write all day long. Pulling a 3.7, but I'm not planning on going to graduate school, so whatever.

I'll vent here a bit.

Didn't get into UCs I wanted because I applied bioengineering at UCSD (hard as fuck to get in). Came to UW as a bioengineering major. Got early admission into the engineering department. Did ok the first quarter and then started slacking hard. Fucked up pretty bad, had to change my major if I wanted to graduate in four years. Decided on biochem.

As a junior now I'm worried that my grades aren't good enough for even biochem, so I still haven't switched over. On my transcript it still says bioe major even though I fell off that track a long time ago. Deadline for choosing majors is coming up soon. Shit is way stressful.

plus PCATS? like MCATS for pharm students, I don't know anything about it except that I should probably take it soon.

I'll vent here a bit.

Didn't get into UCs I wanted because I applied bioengineering at UCSD (hard as fuck to get in). Came to UW as a bioengineering major. Got early admission into the engineering department. Did ok the first quarter and then started slacking hard. Fucked up pretty bad, had to change my major if I wanted to graduate in four years. Decided on biochem.

As a junior now I'm worried that my grades aren't good enough for even biochem, so I still haven't switched over. On my transcript it still says bioe major even though I fell off that track a long time ago. Deadline for choosing majors is coming up soon. Shit is way stressful.

plus PCATS? like MCATS for pharm students, I don't know anything about it except that I should probably take it soon.

Everyone I know attending pharm school absolutely hates their life.

i go to cal poly too and can't wait to get the fuck outta here. i should be done at the end of this quarter but my department likes to schedule the classes I need at the same time...i'm especially sick of school because my major focuses almost entirely on the applied nutrition concentration (people who wanna be nutritionists) even tho my concentration is culinary sciences and management (people who wanna be chefs). i haven't learned shit about cooking or anything but have to learn alot about how food gets digested and other stuff that I forget 1 week after the exams.

Didn't get into UCs I wanted because I applied bioengineering at UCSD (hard as fuck to get in).

i fucking made this mistake as well, applied bioengineering/bme at ucsd, ucla, usc and uci and only got into the last two. adkghdjskghasjgdksla'gjsa

speaking of which i just finished my BME paper finally, and the caffeine is kicking in RIGHT when I finish.

and GBC, it is sad and funny. Almost funny because it's so sad. but yeah, djrajio and fam0us are from my hometown so right now I'm in the middle of those polar opposite ends of success and failure.. sigh

classes are chill at ucla. i have ridiculous amounts of free time. i do all my math homework quickly every thursday, i dont do the chem homework, i cram before every midterm/quiz, and i play smash the night before as well.

pulling off 100%s or A's on all my quizzes and tests so far. everyone in my dorm studies like mad. we just had a chem midterm yesterday and people were in the lounge nonstop studying for at least a few days before.

im loving it. and its not just because i have an easy schedule. the way things are going, ill only have to take 13-14 units per quarter until spring of next year (im taking 14 now), so it wont get any harder. its cuz i took two calc classes at my community college, so this quarter is my last quarter of calc to get a year for med requirements, meaning i can start physics series earlier (kids usually take it sophomore year).

im lucky, though. i pick up things way faster than other people. if i had to study nonstop all day, i would die most likely.

such an idiotic statement

i know it's made tongue in cheek, but seriously, this kind of attitude is what i hated most about my fellow engineering students

you seem like an okay guy branespload, and i don't mean this as an insult, but one day you'll realize that forcing yourself to pursue a career based on such rigid definitions of success and failure is a recipe for misery

firstly, lol of course that's an idiotic statement..

secondly, more lol, no offense taken. the majority of my posts in here are twisted by college-induced fatigue, boredom and bitterness, but i'm not *that* much of a defeatist. (it's part of the internet persona, but don't tell anyone)

and iono sufu kinda makes me a bit of an elitist so i hate not exceeding at everything.

I'm pretty sure wherever I'll end up will be far and away from what I expected it to be, just like how I'm on sufu now. (tech tv -> first robotics -> jawnz)

I'm a technical communication major and I get by with studying/homeworking maybe 10-15 hours a week. I'll end up with a BS and make as much as a lot engineers... and I'll do it by working half as hard in college.

I still have plenty of time to fuck around on the weekends and occasionally a couple weekdays. I really enjoy my major though, especially since it's a pretty new field and the University of Washington has a top notch program. Only downside is there is maybe 50 undergrads in the program and I'm already the kid who slacks but miraculously makes the grade...

As busy I find myself at the moment in my final year, I think I'm definitely going to be sad to leave. My younger sister started university this year and she's not really enjoying the academic aspects. When I think about times when I've felt overwhelmed with work at particularly busy periods, the fact that I really enjoy my subjects has been a lot of help. My advice to anyone going to university is to make sure you really enjoy what you're doing. There are some things that I didn't enjoy at first, but they have either become enjoyable and interesting as my understanding as increased or I've been able to jettison them as I've progressed through the programme. Freshers often need to give things more time rather than just bitch and moan that they're not enjoying their degree.

This post sounds really cheesy, I know.

care to elaborate on that? i'm applying there but noone who goes there can give me a good idea of what nyu's really about

NYU is such a large school and they claim to tailor fit each students education, but somewhere between the acceptance letter and move in day, your shit is already fucked. Essentially their bureaucracy is so bad that they mess up your things and make you cut through miles and miles of red tape before you even decide to do something that you would have to ask the school help for. My mom interviewed to be dean there a couple years ago, and after meeting the men behind NYU, she was disgusted by what ignorant and wholly cracked individuals they were. John Sexton is alright, and I've talked with him a couple times myself, but everyone thats in charge of anything that has an inkling to do with your future career is not trustworthy. Be wary when applying, I know I am.

Ah college. That was fun. I rarely studied. Did fine. I was always a better teacher than a student.

I always hear people complaining about course load. Its generally been my opinion that if you have to study that much you're just not smart enough.

I'm in my first year of school, and I'm one of the only people in my class who is actually taking it totally seriously. I'm also the oldest one...a lot of people are straight out of high school. We have to keep a B+ to continue in the program next year, and people aren't handing in projects that are worth 15% and totally cramming for presentations the morning of.

It's a career in the arts but people often go totally overboard with their lack of manners and it seriously drives me insane. They'll be laying down on the floor with their eyes closed and listening to music while someone is giving a lecture, or an entire row of people will be texting while someone is presenting a scene. The teachers don't stop anyone, but they take 10% for 'professional behavior' at the end of the semester...

I'm getting all A's so far, which is cool. I don't kill myself working, but I do try hard. I was the only one out of the forty students in my year that got a perfect score on the screenwriting midterm, which is my only claim to fame so far. Woo hooooo...

To all the pre-meds out there:

Medical Student Burnout and the Challenge to Patient Care

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/31/health/chen10-30.html

One week of med school material = One semester equivalent of materials covered in a regular college course. I'm not kidding.

In class from 8-3 on most days. Followed by 4+ hours of studying on average.

You'll barely know anyone outside of med school.

Don't go for the name value or the quality of the program.

It's all the same. Go to a med school in an area you enjoy.

It sucks when you wanna take a break but there's nothing you wanna do around the school.

Working in clinics with real patients is interesting and much more fun than studying some bullshit pathology all day.

I made a girl cry in clas the other day. She made some fucking crazy claims about how Africa and the Middle East would be like this Utopian society of peace loving scientists or something if the big bad "West" didn't rape all the women and take all their resources.

I felt pretty justified in my responses.

Whenever I have a bad day at work I get on sufu and dial up the harsh.

the fuck you was mostly jokingly, but still.. just because you study doesn't mean you're dumb.. it means you try to do more than just "get by." Sure there are classes that are too easy to study for, but studying is usually an indication that you're challenging yourself. and there's also a difference between people who don't study because they dont need to, and people who refuse to study even if they do need to.. the latter people are the truly dumb ones. *shrug*

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION?

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT PRESSURE = FORCE/AREA = MASS X ACCELERATION/AREA = INAYA X ACCELERATION/AREA?

What is my patience wearing today? Thin edition!

So much Inaya X Acceleration/Area on my shoulders for med school but I'm already at a significant disadvantage at UCI how will I ever be GETTIN ARAB MONEY??

Will I end up reselling Supreme and kush in my hometown??

I'll either be B.A.L.L.A. S.T.A.T.U.S. or FAM0US.

I learned all I could do is work harder

- departmental advisors know the difficulty, workload, and pressures of each individual class and can build manageable schedules for you

- study groups in the most impossible courses

- join a student association to meet people, work in housing

- reduce lab requirements through undergraduate research with flexible times

- take a class you'll actually enjoy each semester so you have something to look forward to

- if you are still unhappy, transfer. life is too short. be what you wanna be, live the dream you want, and most importantly stay positive. i know it's tough being an engineering pre-med major, competing with geniuses and dedicated foreign students, but pitying yourself will only stress you out and won't help you concentrate.

You can get anything you want in this field by working hard and being nice to others.

all i know is being a corny white person is actually kinda fun

today i wore a school hoodie and a lacoste polo shirt, drove to school with 3 girls who all wore uggs and leggings in one girl's range rover, had starbucks during my break, and i'll be playing kings later and then go to some shitty club and dance to top40 songs, and later hopefully get laid

who cares, its fun

i still get my daily dose of culture by reading mags and posting on here and having the occasional day where i style on crackers

i guess the point is dont be too hung up and full of yourself and your superior culture and youll probably meet some fun people

how often do you guys party?

5 days a week or sometimes a little bit less... thursday being the highest partying point most of the time. sunday and monday are dedicated to poker or chilin at pub.

btw here's y timebtable.

image10uu4.png

what abour yours guys ?

feel ya moneytuff about the corny thing.

yeah it sucks but all the green, red, purple and grey class are easily skipable.

what i do is that i sleep like from 2.5 to 4 hours and then go back home for lunch after school and sleep for an hour or more. then i go back to school...

and my free time is either library time (if i skipped too much classes) or running errand time :( ...

i was thinking of getting a job like 15h/week or something, but i don't know where would i put that... my weekend are dedicated to hangover and chillin, so i could work on the week end either ...