supercollegelife: funny facts, rant, photos, help, stuff...

freecat

I've been thinking about trying to transfer to usc from tufts after fall semester. If they give me the same aid I'd probably be better of at usc. Tufts is really fun and I love all my friends, but I dont think its computer science department is good. idk it might just be because I'm back home for the summer and realizing that I miss being here. 

Not much from Sixth except the fact that you guys actually have cool required GE classes (at least in my opinion).

Damn, strange that someone from Muir is jealous of GEs. From what I've seen on forums Muir has the easiest ones.

What is cool about the CAT series? 

(I'm gonna start PMing you questions, probably getting close to shitting up the thread)

Edited by CosmicAsininity

• 2 weeks later...

skipping class is a rookie mistake.

go to every class. go to office hours. otherwise you'll fail. or you'll be stupid forever

skipping class is a rookie mistake.

go to every class. go to office hours. otherwise you'll fail. or you'll be stupid forever

Wasn't planning on skipping class and my plan was exactly what you said. Thanks though everybody

in undergrad i was a TA for like 3 classes and an RA for 2 professors, my life was a hellhole i would study >12 hrs a day every day. didn't matter if it was christmas or my birthday. that was over a year ago and i still bitch about it.

Starting September 19 and I got classes at 8 am. Heard its a rookie mistake am I fucked?

lol. i remember in my freshman year my schedule on three of the four days i was on campus  was 7-10 pm. in retrospect i would have hated myself taking 8 am classes esp since my commute was 1 1/2 hours one way but i would have been a lot more productive no doubt

holy shit that was seven years ago

oh and fuck York University

in undergrad i was a TA for like 3 classes and an RA for 2 professors, my life was a hellhole i would study >12 hrs a day every day. didn't matter if it was christmas or my birthday. that was over a year ago and i still bitch about it.

I was computer science and I fondly remember those marathon weeks where I would literally bring a sleeping bag and sleep at the computer lab for several days only to go back to my dorm to shower. I would spend 16+ hours per day on my programming projects. I didn't have a life. Oh the irony now-a-days.

• 2 weeks later...

I was computer science and I fondly remember those marathon weeks where I would literally bring a sleeping bag and sleep at the computer lab for several days only to go back to my dorm to shower. I would spend 16+ hours per day on my programming projects. I didn't have a life. Oh the irony now-a-days.

and how come the payout for architecture is less than CS majors when we put in as much, if not, more hours!?!?!

FUQ DIS SHIT

im doing real estate development

APPLESEED - SEE ME ON THE OTHER SIDE HOMIE

Edited by mr.invincible

and how come the payout for architecture is less than CS majors when we put in as much, if not, more hours!?!?!

FUQ DIS SHIT

I wish I had studied CS or architecture in college. 

FUQ DIS SHIT

yah archi kinda sux

sux even more when you're in a shitty program lol

and sux even more when you're not really interested in architectural design

i wanna archi design n take architecture 101 n study w suzy of kpop group miss A

~*~first love~*~

i also referred to those as "marathons"

i never slept in the computer lab, though.

yah archi kinda sux

which program are you in?

and if you're not interested you should back out now. no point in tossing money like that

unless you ronron

which program are you in?

and if you're not interested you should back out now. no point in tossing money like that

unless you ronron

UCB arch.  Undergrad is pretty new and from what I've experienced really doesn't have any standards for its students' work

I was thinking about switching out and probably will apply for transfer but going into fashion really isn't much of a step up in terms of economic prospects (+ have to spend an extra year in school)

At this point just trying to grad with the arch degree (too late to switch, really) and some useful minor hoping education in a design discipline will be useful.  Then  maybe do a 2 yr program over at FIT.

Don't really know wtf I'm gonna do.

Minoring in CS, will that get me a decent anywhere? Majoring in Computing Arts..

CS Grad student told me that I should be able to get a good job with a minor. Is this true? Supposedly in 5 years there won't be enough people to fill CS jobs? So far I've done fairly well in my CS classes.

/worriedartstudent

Edited by tacotron

UCB arch.  Undergrad is pretty new and from what I've experienced really doesn't have any standards for its students' work

I was thinking about switching out and probably will apply for transfer but going into fashion really isn't much of a step up in terms of economic prospects (+ have to spend an extra year in school)

At this point just trying to grad with the arch degree (too late to switch, really) and some useful minor hoping education in a design discipline will be useful.  Then  maybe do a 2 yr program over at FIT.

you're at cal?

there's a lot of gwop to be got over there.

you cant be at CAL if youre saying their undergrad is "pretty new". Their cal program (both undergrad and CAL) has been there for ages. It's like the best you can get in the West Coast if you want a B.A. Otherwise it's CalPoly Slo.

But getting back to your dilemma, I wouldn't stick with something that you don't have any interest that doesn't pay well. I would go with fashion if that's what you're truly passionate about despite its financial stability. Do what you like and the money will come, mayng.  

Minoring in CS, will that get me a decent anywhere? Majoring in Computing Arts..

CS Grad student told me that I should be able to get a good job with a minor. Is this true? Supposedly in 5 years there won't be enough people to fill CS jobs? So far I've done fairly well in my CS classes.

/worriedartstudent

it's all about experience. as long as you can do the job youre applying for, you should be set.

Edited by mr.invincible

do they teach version control in school? i stopped at 200 level cs so i dun really know, but that is something you definitely should learn if you ever want a programming gig. can get very complex with larger systems.

work on open source projects while you're in school. then put a profile up on linkedin (all tech recruiters use is linkedin). bandz a come.

Also not sure what I should focus on for my upper divs. Deciding between Web Server Languages or Databases. Maybe databases, cause i'm interested in data visualization. 

If I were a freshman, I would be just double major in cs and computing arts. I'm entering my Senior year tho, and probably going to stay for another two quarters after that. 

I might be doing some research work under a former Media prof at my uni who now does CS at CUNY, so happy for that.

yah archi kinda sux

if you just started and you don't like it already get out now

it doesn't get better /dansavage