supercollegelife: funny facts, rant, photos, help, stuff...

freecat

so i've passed over 10 classes with an A by only showing up for the tests.

college = success.

but then i've narrowly passed/failed over 10 classes because of my introversion when that dreaded "form groups of three" time comes for that ridiculously % heavy project, I end up with some group that needed one more guy. which turns out to be that group where person A decides to have their grandma die when we have our last minute huddle at that library none of us are familiar with but happened to be at the center of all of our homes. And person B turned out to be that girl that doesn't know the difference between "the internet" and a browser, and adds hilariously unnecessary "the"'s before every unfamiliar word. ("k, i start up the mozilla"...... "press on the bookmarks"............ "then go to the google". Reminds me of that lady in no country for old farts "AH GOT THE CANCER!"

so yeah, if santa is real, then I will get an A in Ethnic Studies, otherwise my dreams are crushed and I only pass with a C because we will not have the 3 people required to present our masterpiece that likely will not be a masterpiece. :) Good luck with any remaining finals!

/rant

I went to a technical high school and was in the medical program for four years, basically took shit like anatomy and got to spend three weeks out of the school year working in a hospital. Always wanted to be a doctor since like 8th grade but when I got to college sort of just took what I liked and now I am realizing that I need to start mapping out a career.

If I am already a sophomore in college and am just now seriously deciding on wanting to be a doctor, what the fuck do I do? I haven't taken any of the pre-med classes. I heard med schools don't like their applicants taking sciences over the summer because it's basically crammed. Am I going to have to spend 6 years in undergrad?

I went to a technical high school and was in the medical program for four years, basically took shit like anatomy and got to spend three weeks out of the school year working in a hospital. Always wanted to be a doctor since like 8th grade but when I got to college sort of just took what I liked and now I am realizing that I need to start mapping out a career.

If I am already a sophomore in college and am just now seriously deciding on wanting to be a doctor, what the fuck do I do? I haven't taken any of the pre-med classes. I heard med schools don't like their applicants taking sciences over the summer because it's basically crammed. Am I going to have to spend 6 years in undergrad?

your college should offer you a list of the pre-health/pre-med/pre-career classes you need. med schools just don't want you to be taking a majority of your science classes in the summer, but it all depends on what you need to do to finish on time. Usually what is required is a year of math, a year of english, a required chemistry series (14A-D + BL and CL for me), year of physics, Life Sciences/Biology series (1-4). i could've missed something. my friend just decided to go pre-med this year and he is just taking 3-4 science classes a quarter and planning to do 2 summer sessions to finish up.

and that post about group projects- i feel for you. I usually enjoy group projects and human interaction, but not with fucking antisocial, socially inept shitfucks who can't talk to others or know what they're doing. being pre-med, a majority of the group within my classes don't talk to other people and aren't even all that smart/knowledgeable about what we're doing anyway.

*kisses the 3.8 he was hoping for goodbye, realized he couldn't get a kiss with anything if he tried, so just waves goodbye to the 3.8 awkwardly, settles for a 3.7, unsure of if the 3.7 will settle for him*

*kisses the 3.8 he was hoping for goodbye, realized he couldn't get a kiss with anything if he tried, so just waves goodbye to the 3.8 awkwardly, settles for a 3.7, unsure of if the 3.7 will settle for him*

just slip the 3.7 a roofie.

been a while since I existed within the boundaries of a College...about 2 months ago i was musing on my time at college, the point at which I'd arrived since leaving, and the movie "Notebook on Cities and Clothes" and was inspired to write this emo little passage -

Thinking back on my time spent at the mostly freezing University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, my mental rolodex suddenly came across a sensation that I did not make too much out of at the time, but appears to be especially poignant at this crossroads in my life.

It was a sensation that I encountered many times, usually on one of the gloomiest days of winter. I would be walking to class, and despite being wrapped up in a down jacket over several other layers of clothing, there was one part of my body that would always remain exposed to the cold - my face. Perhaps it had been a period where the snow had come, but on days where the town became flooded with the fluffy powder, those were usually more peaceful. What's memorable are the days that may have been hit with hail, and the wind blowing incredibly hard. I would keep on walking, feeling a combination of roaring winds laced with the chill it carried, and speckles of hail all coming down on me, all these elements of nature beating against my face in the opposite direction I was moving.

I miss that feeling.

the last class feels good.

the handing in the test and walking out the door of the last last exam is a sensation of joy that I wish could be lived on eternally.

actual day of graduation, after the photos and Bill Clinton speaking at the podium and laughing at the guy who wrote on his cap "Monica Blows" and lunch with family and good friends...on that day, after all that has subsided. Let's just say - hope you got some uppers to get you through dinner.

Last month or so of college life is one of those rare instances in which the shape of the bell curve actually has any validity to the real world.

Got two more papers to write... one on either jorge amado or che guevara and the other on caetano veloso. Got these due wednesday and still have a lot of books to go through but I'm feeling pretty good about this semester, already did a few end of semester presentations and papers that went well. Only have two in class finals, it'll all be over thursday.

Finals start this week and I feel like i havent done anything all semester. I go to the same school as weidner and hes right when he says its less then culturally stimulating. Luckily it's way easier then my high school was and I've never had so much time to do nothing in my life.

I ought to slap the shit out of you. that GPA would be good enough to get you into law school, motherfucker

that makes me feel a lot better, considering i found out i got a 50% on my physics final somehow.