supercollegelife: funny facts, rant, photos, help, stuff...

freecat

to college freshmen, particularly jeep and brane's (bernard??) posts on the first page, don't worry about things so much, quite yet at least. You haven't even finished one semester of school yet.

Live it up this semester, then winter break at the soonest seriously consider your options. You can't give your school/degree programs a real chance if you are constantly second guessing the decisions which brought you there. There are a lot of people out there who don't meet the right friends, connect with the right professor's, for 6 months or even 14 months in college.

Also, Lab did you transfer or stay at the same school 4 years?

I would say don't take transferring lightly at all. It can really suck, though yes it can be good for some people too.

finally, my take on bureaucracy at schools like NYU:

the main problem is that the school doesn't need you, the student, at all. NYU especially, perhaps more than any other school in the world, has pretty mediocre professors and academics compared to their acceptance rates. Because so many people want to go there, if you are having problems at the school or whatever, the administration has no real motivation to work with you since they can instantly find other students begging to pay 40,000+ a year.

however, there are plenty of methods you can use to minimize contact and entanglement in bureaucracy. NYU is not a bad school by any means, plenty of people learn a shitload and have a great time there.

college is cool I guess. can't wait to get back personally, aiming for fall 2009.

I'm halfway through mechanical engineering in Italy and I'm terribly disappointed in the lack of hands-on activities, among other things. it's been 98% theory and i'm just so tired of never actually cracking open an engine. the university system in italy is so fucked, I heard ME students in Rotterdam are studying off Bosch-issued books and we are left to squint at some 90-year-old professor's hand-written course book. I genuinely don't think I'm going to stick around to do the 2-year specialized course in automotive engineering if this is going to be the approach.

I'm halfway through mechanical engineering in Italy and I'm terribly disappointed in the lack of hands-on activities, among other things. it's been 98% theory and i'm just so tired of never actually cracking open an engine. the university system in italy is so fucked, I heard ME students in Rotterdam are studying off Bosch-issued books and we are left to squint at some 90-year-old professor's hand-written course book. I genuinely don't think I'm going to stick around to do the 2-year specialized course in automotive engineering if this is going to be the approach.

I am jealous you're in Italy, though, so hopefully that makes you feel better about your situation.

i'm almost partial towards my small school's lack of culture. its easy to look super fashionable. i felt like the steeziest, most unique type of dude on campus rocking some ksubis and a striped apc tee to class yesterday listening to some hipster type electro shit.

cats wont know what hit em once i start writing for our shitty little campus newspaper.

girls working on cars, best ever!

that's very unusual that you don't do anything hands on though... i can't wrap my head around that. that's almost like reading a book on how to paint, but not painting!

girls working on cars, best ever!

that's very unusual that you don't do anything hands on though... i can't wrap my head around that. that's almost like reading a book on how to paint, but not painting!

Word. Though, I have a friend in Aerospace engineering and he's making a wing right now. Sounds prettttty cool. Cutting shit with lasers and stuff.

I made a girl cry in clas the other day. She made some fucking crazy claims about how Africa and the Middle East would be like this Utopian society of peace loving scientists or something if the big bad "West" didn't rape all the women and take all their resources.

I felt pretty justified in my responses.

Please repeat what you said for rep and lulz.

^ (geekbonchic) damn, mondays seem pretty steep. mondays suck for me as well.

M = 10AM - 11AM, 12:40PM - 2:00PM, 2:10PM - 5:00PM

T = 2:10PM - 3:30PM

W = Mondays schedule

R = 2:10PM - 3:30 PM, 5:10PM - 6:00PM

F = FREE

So we've started to draw nude models in my drawing class. the first model was a girl, and she was actually pretty decent. i didnt mind drawing her for three hours. but the model for my last art class was a guy, and it was not fun. specially when he coughed or sneezed, shit was just wierd. anyway, i thought i was awesome that for some people, these nude models were actually the first naked people they've ever seen (as in naked people your own age). i can guarantee that those were the first boobs and vag that some kids in that class have seen. they deff fapped to their drawings. it must have been a life changing class for some.

i can guarantee that those were the first boobs and vag that some kids in that class have seen. they deff fapped to their drawings. it must have been a life changing class for some.

damn, nude drawing classes in the first year of high school? foreign education is next level

Intro: this is an email about something that happened to me and my roommate. Names have been changed. I am 'david' and my roommate is 'Jeeves'. The perpetrator is 'roger'. Everything else is word for word. This is why you should never join a fraternity...

Hello BRUDERS,

This is a long read, but I guarantee you it will be one of the funniest emails of the year.

Early this morning around 3:30-4:00 AM you may have been woken up by david and me when we were laughing and yelling around the second and third floor. What had happened is one of the most ridiculous and disgusting occurrences I have witnessed in my 4.25 years living in this house and once you read what happened you will understand our ranting was fully justified.

I want to warn anyone reading this, that what you will read should stay in the house and you shouldn't tell anyone about this. Im writing it because everyone in the house WILL know sooner or later and they will want a full explaination anyway...and I dont mean to maim roger but to get this out now.

roger passed out in the smoke room and then he simultaneously vomited over the smoke couch and shit his pants. Yes, its possible. He has a deep hatred for me because soon after he got up (without cleaning himself), he walked over to my bed to give me a golden shower. I was sleeping in my bed and now I have the idea of what it feels like to get peed on when sleeping. That was not bad enough, he managed to pee over all my fucking shoes right below my bed. Like all my shoes I wear. Hell, even my black messenger bag got urinated on. There were puddles of urine in the soles of the shoes (EVEN MY FUCKING NEW WHITE SAMBAS and JACK PURCELLS).

I got up and realized I cant be too mad, because my life has been going really fucking well (ALMOST TOO GOOD I GUESS), and hes really drunk right? So I get him outside so I can figure out what to do. He goes over to the storage room (maybe he vomited in there too) and I move my shoes to the shower to clean them and maybe I will be able to fix them some day. I really like those boat shoes
:(

No, it gets worse.

roger runs back into the bathroom. He continues to pull his pants down and take a shit ON the toliet, not IN the toliet but ON IT. Seat up, shit down. He mumbles something about a shower and I realize I need to get the shoes out of the shower or he will 1) shit even more on my shoes 2) run all his poop juice over my shoes therefore forever ruining them beyond wearability. I tell him please take the shoes and put them outside (he was naked so I didnt go in). He walks in, takes a shower, probably poos over my shoes (poo and pee on them now). Sigh.

david and me run upstairs because now it smells really bad, I puked outside on the way up from the smell, and we giggle like little school girls playing grabass outside on recess.

Im not making any of this up. I have no shoes now and went to work shoeless and bagless and really fucking tired. But dont worry Im not mad, dont de pledge this guy, I think he was really drunk.

Jeeves

Intro: this is an email about something that happened to me and my roommate. Names have been changed. I am 'david' and my roommate is 'Jeeves'. The perpetrator is 'roger'. Everything else is word for word. This is why you should never join a fraternity...

lol

the guy who did this lives like 4 doors down from me

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1867777.ece

the article also forgot to mention that he was coked out of his mind and that the helicopters and cars were already following him before he tried to drive up the stairs

I'm kind of annoyed that because of the scheduling of one class I have to go in for one measly hour three days a week; I'd rather more hours on a single day. I have:

Monday: 10am - 11am

Tuesday: 11am - 1am

Wednesday: 10am - 11am

Thursday: Free

Friday: 10am - 11am

Next semester I'll be free on Monday too.

A friend of mine's timetable looks like this:

Monday: Free

Tuesday: 11am - 1pm & 2pm - 4pm

Wednesday: Free

Thursday: Free

Friday: Free

wow that's very few hours of class !

this morning i woke up at 8.45 (still drunk) and was supposed to be in class since 8... I arrived at 9.25 (it's a group class, they write your name if you miss it, and it finishes at 9.30)... everybody applauded me ! the teacher found it funny, he asked me if i went out the night before, i answered that i didn't but didn't set my alarm and got woken up by the sunlight, to which he answered "yeah yeah me too me too".

m/w: 1:30-2:20, 2:30-3:50, 5:30-6:50

t/th: 2:30-3:50

f: 1:30-2:20

my schedule really hasn't been much different than this since freshman year...i'm sort of just doing what i feel i can handle and seeing how it all ends up. ignorance is bliss.

who's involved in journalism? i'm realizing the stark differences between the type that i want to do (music criticism) and the real deal shit. hard news right is irritating the shit out of me. so much god damn structure and style requirements. who gives a fuck if i used more than 20 words in my lead or if i decided to write out the word twenty or if it says (MORE) or not at the bottom of each page? media writing can eat shit and puke it into its wretched peehole.