first starch!

nairb49

• 2 weeks later...
Quote: Honestly just do whatever.

The jeans will turn out fine in time if you just wear them.

Its not a matter of how my jeans will turn out. I just want to know for knowledge's sake. Heres the question again for those who care to help.

What is the effect of water/ starch on denim, with regards to the indigo?

And when people talk about starching, do they apply on the inside or outside?

You really don't need starch.

frontview4hp.jpg

Those are my 5EPs after about 2-3 months of everyday wear and one wash (and a lot of rubbing my palms on my thighs). They were bought in one-wash state and are extremely soft, but as you can see the creases are defining quite well and fading is favorable. Never starched, sandpapered or finger-defined creasing. They'll definitely come out nicely after another 4-6 months.

To be honest you guys who are obsessed with having super-defined creases are getting really carried away. It's starting to become annoying. You should just wear your jeans and appreciate the fading either way, because they should be unique, not Nudie-website-clones.

Edited by wild_whiskey on Dec 8, 2005 at 02:27 PM

i do agree with wild_whiskey, i don't starch my jeans and then finger-crease etc, i starch them because i've clearly grown addicted to the feeling of new, dry jeans.

don't know why, but i really dig the feel of jeans that are nice and stiff now, as opposed to previously where nice and soft was the way...

nairb49