good ads / anus shrinkingly bad ads

superdupersang

good:

-3m security glass

-kylie in her undies.what more do you want?

-tiger sweden magazine ads

baaaaaaad:

-citroen c3 with the fonz?!

-adidas bekem flying in the air wearing magic shoes, jumoing over shit

-bekem using a gillette to shave.the best a man can get?if thats the case then were royally fuked

-reebok mike "i dont conform" skinner wearing classics

-eminem and ipod.dude, honestly..do u really need the money

-dont worry dear, its only an ad.if i had a gun, id kill the fat twat

-anything for lacoste.

the new american express campaign "my card is", is very clever. Just saw the print version in the

new issue of New York Magazine... if you're in adverising/ marketing, take a look - very well done.

the hewlet packard TV campaign with the dude putting frames in front of his face and capturing images

and then reversing them is another clever execution for the brand's digital technology.

the adidas a1 campaign was nice, with Karen O singin and the guy running in his dream.

sad to say, but i really think the Domino's TV ad with the "555" deal where the employee answers the phone and the customer says "we all want something different" and he replies "everyone wants something different, that's why we have the 555 deal"... "you're welcome." "i love you too.".

the axe TV campaign is also clever and relevant to whom it's targeting. smart execution in amplifying a lifestyle that most young dudes lust after - getting play all day everyday, anywhere anytime - just where "axe" and you can big pimp too.

fuck, the "big ideas" behing these ads seem so simple when you analyze them, but to come up with them and have them be cohesive with the brand isn'r easy, but I guess that's why most advertising sucks.

sorry - this is totally not relevant to this board. but the dude posted, so.

what up?

Quote: nairb49 on Dec 7, 2005 11:58 AM

bad: any milk ad or " dairy farmers of canada" add

worst: Leon's furniture store adds.

i've established a lifelong boycott of leon's

Leon's adds are so bad!

Everytime I see one I just can't understand how it's possible to create such things

Edited by 2000dB on Dec 10, 2005 at 11:09 PM

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:

It's a Jose Gonzalez track called Heartbeats, off of his 'Veneer' LP. One of this years' essential purchases if you ask me.

--- Original message by sybaritical on Dec 3, 2005 04:33 PM

OMG! Heartbeats is a cover of The Knife's original song with the same name. The Knife's second album "Deep Cuts" is probably the best album ever made. Check it out!

SOME GIRLS ARE BIGGER THAN OTHERS

When I originally posted I didn't know that but I found out since. Gonzalez is reknowned for his eclectic and innnovative covers - Heartbeats is definitely one of the killer tunes off of the LP, and his version of Kylie's 'hand on your heart' available on another EP is one of his most popular tunes! I saw him a couple months ago in London and he played versions of Massive attack's "Teardrop" and Joy Division's "Love will tear us apart" as part of his live set as well.

Interesting. Would like to hear his takes on those songs. BTW Karin Dreijer of The Knife does the vocals on Royksopp's What Else Is There, just so you know how good The Knife is. Download or buy, now!! They've got a new album coming out early this year too, in jan or feb.

SOME GIRLS ARE BIGGER THAN OTHERS

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on Jan 2, 2006 at 03:15 AM

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on Jan 2, 2006 at 03:16 AM

There's small streamed samples of some of his stuff - including the kylie cover and Junip, his newest project - over at Boomkat. http://www.boomkat.com/artist.cfm?a=9126 his personal website is at <a href="http://www.jose-gonzalez.com/" target="_blank">http://www.jose-gonzalez.com/'>http://www.jose-gonzalez.com/"] <a href="http://www.jose-gonzalez.com/" target="_blank">http://www.jose-gonzalez.com/</a> and then there's "Love will tear us apart" live in stickholm at [url=http://songsillinoismp3.blogspot.com/2005/10/jose-gonzalez-live-in-stockholm-feat.html ]http://songsillinoismp3.blogspot.com/2005/10/jose-gonzalez-live-in-stockholm-feat.html

Personally, while I think he's incredibly talented, I find there's something quite eery about him and the way his audience receive him. I'd definitely question the point in bashing out fairly souless acoustic versions of classic songs as crowdpleasers as well.

Thanks for the Jose Gonzales info!

BTW did you know that the guy in the HP commercial is actually the director? Francois Vogel from Paris. I thought it was just some guy from nowhere.

Reporter: "What do you think about western civilization?"

Gandhi: "I think it would be a good idea."

Good...

Levis: usually pretty good they're entertaining, and do a good job actually advertising

Burger King: lately they've been pretty fun, anything is better than their old ones with just music and pictures of their burgers.

VolksWagon: though some of their ads are a bit too hipsterey, most of them are pretty good.

Bad...

Old Navy, Banana Republic, Gap: need I say more?

Afflack: This shit is the worst, Does anyone like these ads? The Midwest? I dont know

Pepsi: Always trying to prove they're better than coke, How petty

• 4 months later...
Guest sauce1

^but thats just their branding, no one does it like them.

Cept during Christmas/Holiday season i couldn't Tell a GAP/Old Navy/Target/MACY/JC Penny commercial apart.

I like the Gieco Car Insurance take on Old Navy Ads....not feeling the Gecko latley tho.

someone took my niketalk name here.

Quote:

the new american express campaign "my card is", is very clever. Just saw the print version in the

new issue of New York Magazine... if you're in adverising/ marketing, take a look - very well done.

the hewlet packard TV campaign with the dude putting frames in front of his face and capturing images

and then reversing them is another clever execution for the brand's digital technology.

the adidas a1 campaign was nice, with Karen O singin and the guy running in his dream.

sad to say, but i really think the Domino's TV ad with the "555" deal where the employee answers the phone and the customer says "we all want something different" and he replies "everyone wants something different, that's why we have the 555 deal"... "you're welcome." "i love you too.".

the axe TV campaign is also clever and relevant to whom it's targeting. smart execution in amplifying a lifestyle that most young dudes lust after - getting play all day everyday, anywhere anytime - just where "axe" and you can big pimp too.

fuck, the "big ideas" behing these ads seem so simple when you analyze them, but to come up with them and have them be cohesive with the brand isn'r easy, but I guess that's why most advertising sucks.

sorry - this is totally not relevant to this board. but the dude posted, so.

--- Original message by stickykrylon on Nov 21, 2005 09:46 PM

hell ya to the first 3.

i havent seen the addidas commercial in like 4 months. whats the song again? wasnt it only available on itunes or something? is there anywhere else i can get it?

Edited by red on May 23, 2006 at 04:38 AM