Rogue Territory Jeans

jedihabitat

^ right on! I will try for fit pics. That's my biggest shortcoming as a sufu member: lack of fit pic posting. Just need to find a decent place to set up a timer and commit!

If it's any consolation, i'm very jealous of ROY contest jeans for sure! After the contest, maybe we should trade for a few months... mine are a size 31, for a ~32" waist... :-)

^hahaha.

Firstly: go outside in the daylight, find an easily-mobile object to use to focus on at the distance you'll be standing at, set self timer, replace object with self, go. (deal with the fact that anyone around might give you slightly funny looks... but they'll assume you're just taking a picture of yourself, not that you're taking a picture of yourself just for your pants)

Secondly: Hmmmmm... I'll consider it, sounds like we're around the same size! Work-trouser-style temporary-jeans-swap? Could be intriguing! But you realize you'd be exposing yourself to serious Ugandastank, right? My jeans probably already have giardia, amoebas, a couple gastrointestinal worms and jiggers...

• 2 weeks later...

^hah! I've been to Africa. I'm more worried about them getting "lost" in the postal shuffle.

Not taken as a true fit (and w/ beat-ass boots on) but here's my work trousers. Decent reference, but hands in pockets don't help.

IMG_1111.jpg

just washed my dbl indigo workshirt after 3-4 months. looks absolutely amazing. will put up pics shortly.

Gonna post those pics :)

It's going to be getting almost too hot to wear mine here in FL so I may wash mine and hang til fall. Got mine early Dec and put in about 4-5 days a week. Interested to see how yours turns out.

How much stretch have people seen with their Stantons? I've seen people say their is virtually no stretch while the RGT website states it could stretch a full size.

the truth lies in between. minimal stretch unless you size them quite tight I think.

^hahaha.

Firstly: go outside in the daylight, find an easily-mobile object to use to focus on at the distance you'll be standing at, set self timer, replace object with self, go. (deal with the fact that anyone around might give you slightly funny looks... but they'll assume you're just taking a picture of yourself, not that you're taking a picture of yourself just for your pants)

Secondly: Hmmmmm... I'll consider it, sounds like we're around the same size! Work-trouser-style temporary-jeans-swap? Could be intriguing! But you realize you'd be exposing yourself to serious Ugandastank, right? My jeans probably already have giardia, amoebas, a couple gastrointestinal worms and jiggers...

@dkatz -

Are you and I the only denimheads currently living in Africa? I was in Burkina Faso for a few years, and have never cold washed so much dust and stink out of anything in my life...

Worth every penny if you can spare it, folks. I just got the email-- each piece will also be uniquely numbered and dated.

Shiiiiiit that's tempting. I wouldn't hate to come home to a pair of those in a handful of months...

@dkatz -

Are you and I the only denimheads currently living in Africa? I was in Burkina Faso for a few years, and have never cold washed so much dust and stink out of anything in my life...

There's another one?? No kidding?! I take it your off the continent now, though? Yeah, this place is not good for nice clothing. Everything I own has been dyed various shades of orangey-brown. What were you doing in Burkina Faso?

for those who've been waiting for the dbl work trousers:

http://www.rogueterritory.com/store/dbl-work-trouser/

limited to just 25 pairs this round. Price just too steep for me!

Thanks for posting this - only 5 pairs left! I'm doing some special things just for these trousers -

Don't miss out!

hey guys I know I've been MIA for awhile on here. I just wanted to say thank you for keeping this thread going! I love all the fit/wear pics...you guys are awesome.

This year is going to be a great one for me. I'm back in the studio designing a handful of new goodies that will be released throughout the year on rogueterritory.com I'll also be working on some limited edition collabs as well

please hit me up if you have any questions - PM on here or email [email protected]

Thanks for posting this - only 5 pairs left! I'm doing some special things just for these trousers -

Don't miss out!

ShiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIiiiiiiit! (opens new tab on Firefox to look at bank account, looks at tiny NGO-worker salary, ruminates about the silliness of having a pair sit at brother's apartment for 6 months 'til I return to the States...)

You gonna make that Argentina pant this spring? You should!

Seconded!

@dkatz - I work in the mining industry - doing some commercial development for a gold mine in Burkina - currently in Zambia working in the copper industry. I keep telling myself that the orange dust will give me magical fades, but thus far it only gives me swass stink and a concerned look on my g/f's face...

what are you doing up in Uganda? How's the living up there?

(also - at everyone who through me some rep in this thread - many thanks - I was hiding up in SE asia away from the internet through december, so please excuse my bad manners)

@dkatz - I work in the mining industry - doing some commercial development for a gold mine in Burkina - currently in Zambia working in the copper industry. I keep telling myself that the orange dust will give me magical fades, but thus far it only gives me swass stink and a concerned look on my g/f's face...

what are you doing up in Uganda? How's the living up there?

Ahh refreshing to hear about someone on the continent NOT doing development work! You getting some precious metal-dust fades?

I work for an organization that conducts academically rigorous assessment of development projects. We work with professors, mostly in the States, in partnership with on the ground development orgs to come up with innovative development projects and then quantitatively evaluate how well they work. Put differently, I work my ass off and traipse around Uganda, becoming more and more critical of development!

I am, along with some others...possibly even a collabo along with them

Also exciting! If you're interested in sponsoring a couple denim (etc) nerds in Africa, I think I've got two for you!

Don't miss out!

Looks like less than 4 pairs left as I just ordered mine!

Been waiting a long time for these to come back.

@heprof - awesome!

@dkatz & seal club sandwich - you guys are awesome, I love reading/hearing about what others are doing in the world. I may have to seriously consider sponsoring some nerds in Africa just to see what you guys are doing. So intrigued!

Check out some amazing evo shots of the DBL Trousers on my http://www.rogueterritory.com/2011/03/04/dbl-trousers-submitted-by-chris-green/'>Blog -

Teaser...

a2gb5x.jpg

I just gave my work trouser their second soak in their ~15 month life (1st was at aprx 6 months due to some fucking mustard). Def got some more wear showing at high friction points--pocket edges, inner thighs, etc--but man, they are hard to fade overall. That pair above/in the blog post must have been given some serious wear. I'll get some more pics up in the next week or so.

Dkatz - sorry about the delay - was off climbing Kili/in Tanzania last week...I didn't manage to pack the denim, but some of the porters were rocking jeans up to 5000m...

Hat's off to you...the development game looks very challenging on the continent. We usually adopt a few peacecorps kids who are living in the villages around the mine and give them a proper meal from time to time. Usually good lads, but express a lot of frustration about getting things off the ground/moving forward. Have you done any work w/ micro finance?

Re: Denim - I gave the jeans a new wash (their first hot water wash in their life), and they came out pretty tidy (though not as stark as I would have hoped for)...I'll post up some new pics soon.

@Rogue Territory - those DBL trousers look sick...very well done.

Ahh refreshing to hear about someone on the continent NOT doing development work! You getting some precious metal-dust fades?

I work for an organization that conducts academically rigorous assessment of development projects. We work with professors, mostly in the States, in partnership with on the ground development orgs to come up with innovative development projects and then quantitatively evaluate how well they work. Put differently, I work my ass off and traipse around Uganda, becoming more and more critical of development!

Also exciting! If you're interested in sponsoring a couple denim (etc) nerds in Africa, I think I've got two for you!

I started wearing my S K jeans regularly again recently since I can finally get the small leg opening over my swollen busted ankle. I bought them back in December 2009 at Dutil Denim when they first started carrying Rogue Territory and paid way too much compared to current prices. Wore them for about 3 months in 2010 regularly and started again last week.

Karl's attention to detail impresses me and I'm surprised more people on SUFU don't appreciate his work compared to all the other brands people rep. Then again there's lots of great stuff out there but at the current price point RT's stuff blows away competitors at similar dollar levels.

Karl's attention to detail impresses me and I'm surprised more people on SUFU don't appreciate his work compared to all the other brands people rep. Then again there's lots of great stuff out there but at the current price point RT's stuff blows away competitors at similar dollar levels.

I've been saying this since I first handled his stuff at American rag. I think I'm gonna cave and buy a pair when I get back to

LA