Rogue Territory Jeans

jedihabitat

Their wishy washy sizing is what turned me off from the brand for the better unfortunately.  Had three stanton styles from them, stealth and regular, that I sold many years ago because their sizing wasn’t consistent.  If you can find it on Reddit, I made a rant about the brand inconsistent measurements etc that was aggravating.  

I think there are a lot better options in this price range. This brand is definitely geared towards the Reddit/Instagram crowd.
I had a pair years ago that I've since sold, fell apart faster than any other jeans I've worn so far.

55 minutes ago, dudewuttheheck said:

I have no idea how normal sized people even manage to fit into RGT jeans

What qualifies as normal? I'm 5'11", 175 lbs and their stantons/officer trousers fit me great. I had more issues fitting into the Three Sixteen SL jeans than RGT's pants. Plus I like that they're doing something new, but to each their own. My regular daily wear denims are Iron Hearts so I don't go to them for everything.

I've personally never had an issue with their cuts or quality, always fit me well and i've only had buttons threads unravel - whereas no matter i how i tried i could never get anything form The Flat Head to work for me, and my Fullcount's and Strike Gold's were shoddily put together and unravelled faster than anything else i've owned. Price wise i agree things are up there, but everything's gone up over the years. I used to buy Iron Heart stuff all the time but i don't even bother looking at that brand now as i just can't afford to spend that much on a shirt etc... Unfortunately that's just the way it is.

In the meantime i've got plenty of pairs to keep me going for a few years.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It's interesting that US brands like RGT, Tellason, Left Field, Railcar, Raleigh etc don't get much action here anymore. I really like Tellason and Left Field. I suspect it's because it's too easy to find -- and I say this as someone who has played shipping roulette from Japan plenty of times. Or maybe because it's "boring." 

I'm sure this subject has been flogged to death but I still find it interesting.

But I can't really see much material difference between, say, Tellason and TCB, and I have stuff from both brands. 

Roy, of course, is an exception among US brands.  

5 hours ago, peter1 said:

It's interesting that US brands like RGT, Tellason, Left Field, Railcar, Raleigh etc don't get much action here anymore. I really like Tellason and Left Field. I suspect it's because it's too easy to find -- and I say this as someone who has played shipping roulette from Japan plenty of times. Or maybe because it's "boring." 

I think a lot of it has to do with brand aesthetics/fits more than anything. US made is great but your brand ‘style’ has to have broad appeal. For US made I prefer 3sixteen, but that’s because I like their denim and their shirting fabrics are interesting. Not a knock against the other brands you mentioned but most of them are just kinda pedestrian to me.

Likewise, there are tons of Japanese brands that are competing against each other, each with their own aesthetic.