Sign in to follow this  
Francis Xavier

Pit-stains

THIS NEVER HAPPENS:

Pit stains. I got 'em.

How do they get gone?

I asked google. Google lied. It's like I'm sweating glowstick juice over here!

gigglesnort.

I sweat a lot so I buy a shitload of white tees and just toss them when they start to get yella. No way to save them. Bleach will just eat the fabric.

If you're trying to stop your sweating, try arid xxdry or mitchum. If you just want to stop the yellowing, you just need a strong antibacterial deodorant.

it's the aluminum in deodorant messing up your body chemistry. the alternative, unfortunately, is stinking.

I suppose I'll just have to drench my pits in essential oil. Lavender? Patchouli? No, not patchouli. I don't wanna be one of those guys.

Thanks for the advice, fellas. Stink I shall. :)

degree clinical protect + speed stick 24/7 gel "Fresh Rush" = perfect combination

stops the sweat + eliminates the smell = sexy

I have more of a problem of getting my deodorant on my dark shirts.

Red Zone is the only stuff that ever could stop me from sweating. Unfortunately it yellowed shirts like nothing else. I resort to undershirts that end up getting thrown away after awhile, like Wayne. I guess the upside is outershirts usually stay 'cleaner' longer, not getting body oil, etc. on them, and stay in better shape.

Google Hypercare Solution. Its for peple with Hyperhidrosis. I had it, it cured me. I rarely over sweat now. Also, soaking the pits in warm salt water usually works.

tried that shit and it would burn my fucking armpits to the point where i had to shower to ease the burning....fuck all that

mitchum unscented for sensitive skin is where its at......as for pit stains, buy dark tees. I used to sweat like a whore in church but that was alleviated after my hormones died down

tried that shit and it would burn my fucking armpits to the point where i had to shower to ease the burning....fuck all that

mitchum unscented for sensitive skin is where its at......as for pit stains, buy dark tees. I used to sweat like a whore in church but that was alleviated after my hormones died down

it always does. you just gotta grin and bear it. once you build up a tolerance in your skin under the armpits it doesn't bother save for some itching. also you need only apply it once or twice a month from then on. i haven't used it since maybe early september.

Use a crystal stick and add a cupful of white vinegar to your wash. Neutralises the residual stank and prolongs the span of your jawns.

I use Weleda citrus deodorant, I don't think it would cause pit stains.

botoxbotoxbotox

true. my friend sweats like crazy and had botox injected in his pits, kept the sweat away for about 6 months.

I'm not down with antiperspirants, IIRC the way your body absorbs the aluminum in them has been linked to Alzheimer's, so fuck that I'd rather sweat. As for not stinking, I've been using alum crystal as a deodorant and it's awesome, plus you can rub it on your feet and it will kill the bacteria that causes odor there also. Cheap, odorless, and lasts a hell of a long time. Also on the natural side is Tom's of Maine's deodorant, those are pretty boss.

true. my friend sweats like crazy and had botox injected in his pits, kept the sweat away for about 6 months.

compensatory sweating for the loss

I use Toms of Maine. Never stains my shirts...it doesn't really stop sweat but you don't smell unless you're sweating like crazy after awhile.

I'm not down with antiperspirants, IIRC the way your body absorbs the aluminum in them has been linked to Alzheimer's, so fuck that I'd rather sweat. As for not stinking, I've been using alum crystal as a deodorant and it's awesome, plus you can rub it on your feet and it will kill the bacteria that causes odor there also. Cheap, odorless, and lasts a hell of a long time. Also on the natural side is Tom's of Maine's deodorant, those are pretty boss.

you don't absorb nearly enough aluminum from antiperspirants to develop even a risk of alzheimer's. it's science.

unless of course you use it for bad breath as well.

I use tom's of maine unscented- even though it's not an anti-perspirant, it stops sweating better than the aluminum-based anti-perspirants that I have tried.

^atleast for awhile.

but aluminum antipersperants don't work for me...it seemed like they made it worse. I also noticed I'd sweat drops instead of just having wet pits.

for ages I used some gel-style deodorant which I thought was as good as it gets, but then I realized that deodorants with talc in them are a shitload better. downside is they will stain dark clothes pretty badly, but wear a white tee underneath or something. all I know is I can easily go 2 days without stinking as opposed to sweating by noon.