Imperial Jeans

nairb49

I'm planning on buying a couple of Imperial shearers indigo

if I'm a 28 in Grim tim dry organic, should I size 28 in shearers?

and how bout the stretch? i want a skinny look

Measure your Nudies with a tape and compare with measurements on Imperials up on http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=272.

But yeah, I'd say 28's your best bet. I can't find any Sydney stockists but Melbourne's All of the Above ships worldwide. They have Shearers (and more stock not listed on the site) too, you can email Elliot at elliot @ alloftheabove.com.au for more info. Nice guy... he'll help you with measurements, shipping and other shit.

Also, realised that with the fucked up exchange rate, Imperials on that site are like 207 USD. Nuts.

there is no where to get Imperial Jeans in Sydney, i was there about 2 weeks ago and i couldnt find anything. There was a place called Another Inch but it closed right around christmas time. The only places are in Melbourne and Brisbane.

I didnt know Another Inch still takes orders, but really that would be the same as ordering from Self Edge or something, you still arent able to try them on and stuff you know.

I didnt know Another Inch still takes orders, but really that would be the same as ordering from Self Edge or something, you still arent able to try them on and stuff you know.

Anotherinch used to be $260AUD - unless the price has gone up.

how do kings fit? i am looking to buy a pair in either 32 or 33. 33 is my true waist. i am about 6 ft and around 160 pounds. does anyone have fit pics? i looked through the thread but most pics are dead

Kings are a very relaxed fit. I have the same height / weight / waist as you, I wear a 31 in dukes, and they fit perfectly. Unless you're going for a very relaxed fit (or have really big thighs), I would suggest dukes.

Just for reference, here's a fit pic from context: http://www.contextclothing.com/brands/imperial/images/king_indigo_selvage.jpg

how do kings fit? i am looking to buy a pair in either 32 or 33. 33 is my true waist. i am about 6 ft and around 160 pounds. does anyone have fit pics? i looked through the thread but most pics are dead
Kings are a very relaxed fit. I have the same height / weight / waist as you, I wear a 31 in dukes, and they fit perfectly. Unless you're going for a very relaxed fit (or have really big thighs), I would suggest dukes.

Just for reference, here's a fit pic from context: http://www.contextclothing.com/brands/imperial/images/king_indigo_selvage.jpg

i also have the same height/weight/waist

i also play a lot of sports do exercise so i have thunder thighs

i wear 31 dukes and the thighs are pretty tight compared to what i've seen on sufu...

get dukes, they fit better....

and if u exercise/play sports a lot and have big muscular thighs, dont size down.

Got some shearers in 28 indigo the other day, real waist is 31, boy are they tight!

Got one button, rushed for the second and ripped it off =(

any guesses about how long I'll have to wait for them to stretch enough to close? Or will they at all?

Got some shearers in 28 indigo the other day, real waist is 31, boy are they tight!

Got one button, rushed for the second and ripped it off =(

any guesses about how long I'll have to wait for them to stretch enough to close? Or will they at all?

Imperial denim does not stretch nearly as much as, say, APC denim does. You'll expect at most around 1.5" of stretching. It is odd that you have so much trouble buttoning only the second button, and frankly, pretty amazing that the button ripped off. My true waist is around 32", and I wear a tagged sz 30 black dukes; long story short, I should've gotten a 31 since the waist is pretty snug. I suppose generally sizing down just 1 is preferable.

Any way you can return / sell that pair? Probably should've gotten a 29 or 30.

Imperial denim does not stretch nearly as much as, say, APC denim does. You'll expect at most around 1.5" of stretching. It is odd that you have so much trouble buttoning only the second button, and frankly, pretty amazing that the button ripped off. My true waist is around 32", and I wear a tagged sz 30 black dukes; long story short, I should've gotten a 31 since the waist is pretty snug. I suppose generally sizing down just 1 is preferable.

Any way you can return / sell that pair? Probably should've gotten a 29 or 30.

Thanks!

I don't want to sell them or return them, I had to order them and it took like ~3 weeks to get them. I'm not too worried about the button cause the fit looks pretty dope in my opinion, I'll post some pics when I can. Just hoping the waist stretches enough to button fully.. :(

What the fuck did you do in those pants? How did you fray so much of the jeans without deliberate (as opposed to incidental) wear?

I'm completely speechless.

How did you get those to look like that?

Are they dirty or did you mess with the image?

What happened to the right leg's inseam?

How'd you get them to fray so much in certain areas, but not at all in other areas?

The crotch was misaligned and I wanted to see how much life the stitching had, so I ripped it out and repaired it in order to prevent it from getting bigger every time I skated. I used that stitching to repair the crotch because some of the thread was still durable.

Dukes are extremely unforgiving until you move around in them for a while. but i am glad to hear they stretched, those are TIGHT!