Imperial Jeans

nairb49

heheh, whatever you need to tell yourself kwiteaboy icon_smile_wink.gif

silijk-my RRDS are actually a 32, which are a bit loose on me. but you would be correct in assuming that a 31 RRDS would be a good fit.

mind, the 32 imperials are <u>significantly</u> tighter than my RRDS everywhere else so keep that in mind.

nairb49

To add to that, the 32s are significantly tighter everywhere than even the 34 Imperials. Someone here said the fit is different for every waist size, and that's true. To compare to Nudie, I'd say the 34 Duke is cut like a Straight Sven, whereas the 32 is cut more like a Slim Jim. Of course, that's just for deadstock washed Dukes, since I don't have the raw pair yet, since Info won't even email me back icon_smile_dead.gif

i have prewashed dukes, and a pair of raw dukes on the way. i will do photos eventually but:

fit - initially they were fairly tight, but stretched pretty quick, now they are slim but roomy enough

where they sit - at first on my waist, but as they stretched on my hips

quality of denim - very nice. not sure what weight (12.5 oz maybe?), they are reasonably thin. the wash is pretty nice too...

i dont think so, its only a handful of people interested (and most of them can't even get a hold of any jeans). I just counted how many people have actually got them.

All are duke

johinger - who knows but sounds like a couple of pairs

haptronic - black washed

guffer - blue washed

nairb - black washed

kwiteaboy - black washed

denim r - blue raw

polly7 - blue raw

can anyone think of anymore?

Once this thread gets to a quarter of the APC thread then we can declare imperial madness.

obsessis i would be happy with any but it looks like i am going to have to wait until they drop at nomad.

Edited by jane doe on Feb 1, 2006 at 04:59 PM

jane doe- i get it

duy002.jpg

to refresh your memory^^

i'm a true 31 waist circumference with measuring tape, measured at the tip of my hip bone (iliac crest for you anatomists).

I have pretty big thighs, 22 inch circumference halfway between crotch and knee.

my imperials measure:

waist laid flat across-15.7 inches

thigh midway-9 inches

hem-8.5 inches

inseam-32 inches

good luck. i think imperial is gonna have a craze once some people see how well they fit.

quality of the denim is great, beautiful full selvage, flat felled inseam, button fly, leather patch, bar-tacked

nairb49

Quote:
Quote: After a week of email exchanges I have paid for my raw Dukes

how did you pay? through paypal?

--- Original message by Tobe on Feb 3, 2006 03:49 AM

Yes. After you order through 'info' he will give you a paypal address to pay.

I will take pics of the king when I get them. They will be poor quality unless I borrow a camera but it's not a problem.