Imperial Jeans

nairb49

So i read eairler that imperial changed the denim of there dukes, so are they still just as nice or are they a lower quality?

I am not aware of any change in the fabric.

We've been carrying them for 2 years and the only thing that has changed is the size of the back pockets on smaller sizes and the patch design.

if i wear apc size 27...and sexi size 28...what size shld i get for the shearers...can kiya help? thinking of procuring one..haha

You would need a size 29 in the Shearers:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=272

hey i wear a 28 thin finn and i have small thighs, so would a 28 duke(29 wiast ) be good for me?

Generally i'd say go up one size, but if you're ok with the waist being super tight for the first couple of weeks go for the 28.

Here are the rest of the measurements so you can compare them to your Thin Finns:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=184

hey i wear a 28 thin finn and i have small thighs, so would a 28 duke(29 wiast ) be good for me?

I have thin finns in 33 and wear dukes in 33 (with loads of room in the waist).

If it weren't for my huge soccer thighs, I would have sized down one. I also think my thin finns fit me perfect.

X-Posted from Small Questions

Its only small at the moment, but Im worried that it may get bigger. Get it repaired now? or just leave it as it is?

Have a local tailor sew it up, it'll be quick and only cost a few dollars and save you with the hassle of a larger repair later.

Ok, Ill get onto a tailor :)

On something that small, you'll be OK sewing that up yourself by hand. Just get a roll of the gold denim thread and make sure it lines up with the original threading. I've done it several times myself and you can only tell it's been repaired by hand if you examine it closely. Also good for saving a few bucks:)

On something that small, you'll be OK sewing that up yourself by hand. Just get a roll of the gold denim thread and make sure it lines up with the original threading. I've done it several times myself and you can only tell it's been repaired by hand if you examine it closely. Also good for saving a few bucks:)

Id thought of doing that, but knowing me I'd just make it worse, or it'd look like shit. Depending on how much I get quoted though I may still have to do it myself :(

kiya, can you help me with a fit.

I wear 27 in Skulls 5080 and 25 in APC NS. I can fit in both, but I find it a bit too tight for my taste. I measure 28.5", 2 inches below my navel.

I am thinking 28 would be perfect for Dukes, what do you think? Since they measure 29" so it shouldn't be as tight as my past 2 pairs.

Thanks.

kiya, can you help me with a fit.

I wear 27 in Skulls 5080 and 25 in APC NS. I can fit in both, but I find it a bit too tight for my taste. I measure 28.5", 2 inches below my navel.

I am thinking 28 would be perfect for Dukes, what do you think? Since they measure 29" so it shouldn't be as tight as my past 2 pairs.

Thanks.

A 28 is exactly what you need in Dukes to get what you're looking for..

Just saw them now, thaey look really unbelievable carzy good and I agree with sam113, that they even looked much better before washed. Just go on wearing them and burning them down over the next years with very seldom washings and they'll be ready for the denim heaven with impressing fadings and contrasts

You've seen these already a month ago, but I decided to wash them so here they are before:

11ls8cz.jpg

amrvbq.jpg

And after.

33u51du.jpg

351eqmb.jpg

I preferred them before the wash, so I'm gonna pound on them for another few months to get that filthiness back.

Concerning Imp Dukes, true to size or size up one? I got a pair of 31s can only do the bottom two buttons, managed to the top one, but not the second one, they are tight as fuck, im guessing i bought a size or two too small, do i need 32 or 33? (am 30 in apc, 31 in dior)

^^i think the advice here is to buy them as tight as you can get, and still be able to button them all the way up and be able to sit down with a reasonable degree of comfort. i can't tell for sure if you need a 32 or 33, but a 31 is too small. my initial thought is 32 should work..

cheers mate, i think 32" aswell, although am not a 100%, whatever the case 31s are not working one iota lol, they stretch a fair bit don't they? I don't want them skin tight either, well not in the long run, although obviously don't want them baggy either.

I bought my Imperial Shearers in 31. I'm a true like 32.33" and as of now, about 1.5 months into wearing them 4-5 times a week, the waist has stretched to about 33". The only thing that isn't stretched too much now is the hip area... still a little hard to put my hands all the way in the pockets. BUT, it seems to keep stretching in this area so I'm going to keep hoping...

And just as a background, when I first got my 31 Shearers I almost cried the first time I put them on. Yes, I could button them all the way up. But, it took me quite a bit of time and a hella lot of bruises to get to how they are now.

So I say stick with the 31's, wear em as high as you need to, then stretch the mo' fo's out. Or if you really, really don't want to stretch em, get 32's and wear a belt for a while... but do not not not not get 33's unless you like Jnco and Fubu jeans. ;)

I'm one of the guys who likes the look of raw denim in the unwashed way much more then after washing. It's just because the raw denim gets some kind of shiny glance after a long use and all the fading results is just from wearing and not from the washing.

I never understood you guys that liked them better before wash.

The colour that emerges after the first wash is just astonishing compared to the kinda grey colour they have before wash.

I'm one of the guys who likes the look of raw denim in the unwashed way much more then after washing. It's just because the raw denim gets some kind of shiny glance after a long use and all the fading results is just from wearing and not from the washing.

Totally agree. They get a really awesome looking shine to them that you never find on other jeans.

Another sizing question, but..

There never really seems to be a general concensus with the sizing on dukes.

Some say true, some say size one up..

I wear a 29 RRDG and ESOD, but I can get into most 28's if I squeeze.

I don't really like hipflares and I have pretty narrow hips. I kind of have big calfs and thighs.

Should I size up?

this is what my RRDG looks like (29)

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/6163/img3233yw1.jpg