Imperial Jeans

nairb49

i was wondering if anyone has experienced any crotch area rips (or whatever your call it) with imperials. no homo. because i've been ripping every denim i wear at the crotch area due to my thunderous thighs and i'm waiting for my imperial dukes to arrive probably about next week. so i just thought i'd ask on this.

Okay uh... why am I standing like that? No, I'm not a homo... b. I'm standing like that to show the room in the thigh. The fit is tapered along the knee down, but not up from the knee to the thigh (it's just a normal "slim"). There is plenty of room in the thigh and I was showing how much by widening my stance.

Okay, so I'm not a model. I'll take normal-er pictures tonight.

These are high rise jeans so I have them buttoned at my true waist. I couldn't get them on any other way. The waist is fine; I can put half my whole hand in the waist band. The pockets however... DAMN. Maybe one or two fingers can be put in there all the way. That shit is tight on my hips.

Okay uh... why am I standing like that? No, I'm not a homo... b. I'm standing like that to show the room in the thigh. The fit is tapered along the knee down, but not up from the knee to the thigh (it's just a normal "slim"). There is plenty of room in the thigh and I was showing how much by widening my stance.

Okay, so I'm not a model. I'll take normal-er pictures tonight.

These are high rise jeans so I have them buttoned at my true waist. I couldn't get them on any other way. The waist is fine; I can put half my whole hand in the waist band. The pockets however... DAMN. Maybe one or two fingers can be put in there all the way. That shit is tight on my hips.

not bad at all just take normal pics next time haha

i was wondering if anyone has experienced any crotch area rips (or whatever your call it) with imperials. no homo. because i've been ripping every denim i wear at the crotch area due to my thunderous thighs and i'm waiting for my imperial dukes to arrive probably about next week. so i just thought i'd ask on this.

Mine's still going strong. But again, none of my pair had crotch rips not even Nudie.

Btw, I was under the impression that Shearer should fit slimmer than Dukes. Something like New cures or Slim Jims...operation jake, is that true size or?

Mine's still going strong. But again, none of my pair had crotch rips not even Nudie.

Btw, I was under the impression that Shearer should fit slimmer than Dukes. Something like New cures or Slim Jims...operation jake, is that true size or?

thanks for the input. my pair of nudies are about a year now and the crotch actually ripped when it was 6 months through. :D i'm looking forward to rocking my dukes!

thanks for the input. my pair of nudies are about a year now and the crotch actually ripped when it was 6 months through. :D i'm looking forward to rocking my dukes!

Oh man. Same here. I was almost exactly 6 months into my Nudie Bootcut Ola's and the crotch ripped. I got so pissed (as I causally wore them) and bitched Revolve Clothing out so bad they sent me new ones.

And as a note, the Imperial denim is much better quality than Nudie's.

I just had a huge crotch rip on my dukes today. The crotch area had a couple holes in it up until this point. I raise one leg up to tie my shoe and I hear a huge rippppp. It was like one of those dreams where you have to write something on the board and you bend over to pick up the chalk, then boom game over.

I should check back to this thread more often..

Sam those dukes look great. I will post pics of mine soon, approaching a year now.

i reckon i will wait until the end of the winter then post the up on here and give em a wash.. maybe, depending on how they look by then :)

i got my first pair of black imperial dukes on a different forum. and boy are they tight.

he said he hot soaked it once and worn it for not longer than a couple weeks or so.

its the black dukes size 31. my TF size is 31/32. i went with a 32 in my SJ dry's and they stretched waaay too much for me.

he soaked it kinda early, do you think the early hot soak on these black dukes might've ruined/slow the aging/creasing/fading of the jeans?

on a side note, BECAUSE these are so small and tight on me, will they stretch? i can BARELY fit in them. the top 2 buttons are very hard to put on. the thighs are fitted as well kinda.

ok that sucks. haah. wesley, how long have those dukes been till it got ripped?

Well since I am pretty tall, when I sit in the backseat of a car I have to spread my legs(no homo). I don't know if that was the main cause but I got a hole within the first 2-3 weeks. I did't think anything of it, but then My crotch area started to get ripped up over the next month or so. Then al of a sudden I got these huge rips yesterday so yeah it sucks.

dukes are pretty slim so i envision

wintip leather shoes

chucks

common projects

you should wear shoes that represent yourself in the day.

if you're feelig sophisticated and spiffy, bust out some leathers.

if you're gonna be in the city and walking, throw on some fresh sneakers.

its all about synergy and balance!

Well since I am pretty tall, when I sit in the backseat of a car I have to spread my legs(no homo). I don't know if that was the main cause but I got a hole within the first 2-3 weeks. I did't think anything of it, but then My crotch area started to get ripped up over the next month or so. Then al of a sudden I got these huge rips yesterday so yeah it sucks.

btw, how long did you have these? haha 2/3 weeks.. were they tight or something? :x

did you get them fixed also or what?

dukes are pretty slim so i envision

wintip leather shoes

chucks

common projects

you should wear shoes that represent yourself in the day.

if you're feelig sophisticated and spiffy, bust out some leathers.

if you're gonna be in the city and walking, throw on some fresh sneakers.

its all about synergy and balance!

that's really some great advice there man. thanks alot for the tips! will try to work things out! just wondering though, wether high tops would go well with them? i find it a little funny myself but i kinda like the idea.

btw, how long did you have these? haha 2/3 weeks.. were they tight or something? :x

did you get them fixed also or what?

oh wow that really sucks, ive always herd that they have great denim qualty.

I have had these since about the start of the year and they really aren't that tight I pretty much got my true waist. I guess I am just hard on the jeans, but i am heading up to Self Edge this weekend to see if Kiya and Clay can help with my situation.:)

edit: come to think of it I sagged a little to make up for my height so maybe the friction at the croth helped the holes to develop. Even though I am having these problems I am pretty sure I am in the minority on this so I still suggest getting these because they are still hella solid jeans.

I have had these since about the start of the year and they really aren't that tight I pretty much got my true waist. I guess I am just hard on the jeans, but i am heading up to Self Edge this weekend to see if Kiya and Clay can help with my situation.:)

edit: come to think of it I sagged a little to make up for my height so maybe the friction at the croth helped the holes to develop. Even though I am having these problems I am pretty sure I am in the minority on this so I still suggest getting these because they are still hella solid jeans.

imperial denim for the win! reading up more and more on them makes me even more excited for them to arrive! haha! :D

I should check back to this thread more often..

Sam those dukes look great. I will post pics of mine soon, approaching a year now.

i reckon i will wait until the end of the winter then post the up on here and give em a wash.. maybe, depending on how they look by then :)

post pics now! i would like to see =)

We're going to patch them up for you for free using FUBU monogrammed fabric.. This will be the repeated image:

logo_fubu.gif

We're going to patch them up for you for free using FUBU monogrammed fabric.. This will be the repeated image:

logo_fubu.gif

haha, damn I will have da flyest jeanz on da blok

edit: Since my Daisy Dukes were messed up, today i broke out my 510 stf's and i have to say it is a wierd feeling wearing relaxed denim again. At first I felt like Mc Hammer butt later on in the day I was kinda feelin em. So I think I am gonna start mixing it up with slim and loose cuts to diversify my denim game sonnnnnnn.

sidetracking a little, what kinda shoes go well with dukes? i'm a fan of huge chunky shoes but would like to hear some opinion on this though. cheers!

i don't think that dukes are slim enough to wear chucks. common projects etc.. Needs to be something a little wider. I think dunks are perfect for dukes but yeh personal opinion. I am wondering what i am going to do next though. I have been getting pretty sick of dunks and am moving over to some more conventional styles like cps. What am i going to wear with my dukes. Thats a good question.

i don't think that dukes are slim enough to wear chucks. common projects etc.. Needs to be something a little wider. I think dunks are perfect for dukes but yeh personal opinion. I am wondering what i am going to do next though. I have been getting pretty sick of dunks and am moving over to some more conventional styles like cps. What am i going to wear with my dukes. Thats a good question.

i've been cracking my head these few days trying to find the right pair to go with them and i hvnt really gotten any idea what to buy. i'm thinking something of mid cut so it falls nicely on the shoes/or "boots". any suggestions?

yeh also ubiqs... Various styles also work very well. I saw sucka with red chucks on with his dukes, it looked like complete shit

the only problem i have with vans is that they're the easiest pick to wear with any other pair of denims. ubiqs sounds good. i might give it a go. thanks for the thoughts!

i've been cracking my head these few days trying to find the right pair to go with them and i hvnt really gotten any idea what to buy. i'm thinking something of mid cut so it falls nicely on the shoes/or "boots". any suggestions?

check out some of the shoes in this thread

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=27421&highlight=ubiq

they work well