Imperial Jeans

nairb49

My dukes have totally died. I blame myself for this entirely, firstly I should have repaired them as soon as I got a hole. Second, dont go to the artic in jeans. Also destroyed my boots.

I'll take some pics tomorrow, totally devastated. The hole goes from the knee on side to pretty much the other.

I have fallen in love with the quality of the jeans though so will be buying a new pair soon. The SEXI04s look pretty damn hot.

Have been attempting to get in contact with Imperial via email to place an order since mid-dec to no avail.

Extended holiday with the self edge colab proceeds?

Place an order for what?

Imperial, just like any other denim brand, doesn't retail anything..

Place an order for what?

Imperial, just like any other denim brand, doesn't retail anything..

In this thread you'll find people were able to order jeans directly through the company itself in cases where there were no retailers in their respective countries which stocked the brand.

I was just measuring up my pair of Black Kings so that when my 30/3 wt thread arrives, I can hem them back to 32. The level of workmanship on these jeans is pretty amazing. Stuff that I took for granted with my Indigo Dukes (my second pair of raw ever, the first being a pair of RRDS). Stuff that I can only appreciate now, a year later, with a much higher level of 'denim awareness.' Like my Ande Whall Cougar No.1s, the Imperial is non-serged thoughout. That means felled seams everywhere. Unlike the Ande Whalls or any other jean in my collection (to my knowlege - I can't check every one of them), the selvage runs from the hem right up to the waistband. Amazing. And the felled seams are double stitched with a chainstitch. Chainstitch waistband as well. All that, and they don't chainstitch the hem. I wonder why. Maybe I should pull out the old Brother and just lockstitch the hem...

Oh, and I got my Kings from Context. For some reason or another, Imperial hasn't been restocking their retailers in Australia, and with the strengthening Aussie dollar it's eaiser to just get it from the US (so they ship it to the US and then they ship it to me in Australia - all I can say is, guh). People may have bought jeans from Imperial directly when they first started their business, but nowadays you can only buy them from their account retailers.

Guest noogsahoy
People may have bought jeans from Imperial directly when they first started their business, but nowadays you can only buy them from their account retailers.

Not sure tbh, i email'ed them last week and they said i could get a pair shipped out to perth? For a fair decent price too.

• 3 weeks later...

they stack like crazy even with the cuff, I only tapered them didn't hem them or anything. I like the fit I was just wondering if I should be concerned that the tailor didn't do everything he could to keep the original selvage, but sylvestre pretty much answered that question, thank you

the leg opening was way too big for me on the dukes, coupled with the huge inseam I was dragging the bottoms on the ground. but they're really perfect now, like a whole new fit

Does anyone have pics of faded black dukes because i would love to see what mine will turn out like. It is wierd because I have seen faded black kings but not dukes even though the king is a looser cut.

Damn, that selvedge line does look quite wide and chunky. Though, probably 4 out of 5 people generally wouldn't really notice, so I don't think you need to worry too much.

If it's still a concern though, could always just stack them uncuffed too, esp. since you got them tapered, it should look fine, imho.

Damn, that selvedge line does look quite wide and chunky. Though, probably 4 out of 5 people generally wouldn't really notice, so I don't think you need to worry too much.

If it's still a concern though, could always just stack them uncuffed too, esp. since you got them tapered, it should look fine, imho.