Imperial Jeans

nairb49

not bad withthose kings.

you have sooooo many pairs of jeans -____-. jealous. but pretty sure the whole idea is to keep wearing one? lol i also thought you were "broke"

Well.. when I have jawns I am broke, I sold my Strike golds and bought these and the samurais. May not keep the sams though, cause I can only wear so many jeans.

But, I really only have 4 pairs (1 which I am selling and another one which I am probably going to sell), and I bought them with the money I make at where I work.

@laxlife1234- the fit looks good man, but you are still subjected to the horror that is the oversized back pockets that come with Imperials.. but overall, the fit is nice.

Well.. when I have jawns I am broke, I sold my Strike golds and bought these and the samurais. May not keep the sams though, cause I can only wear so many jeans.

But, I really only have 4 pairs (1 which I am selling and another one which I am probably going to sell), and I bought them with the money I make at where I work.

What do you "work" as?

^I work as a cashier in a supermarket. Most people on here think that mommy buys the jeans though, but I let them think what they want to think. I stopped caring a long time ago.

^^Yeah, but personally I like buying and re-selling stuff.. For me it is easier to spend money than save it though.

supermarket cashier -____- do you spend every single penny you make on jeans or something...

lol...16...still young.

guess youll learn to save money later.

anyway, pretty sure you should try just sticking to ONE pair for a change. especially since it seems like you don't get that much wear time for jeans anyway. enjoy the imperials.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Imperial, in the grand scheme of things, is somewhat overhyped - and thus runs for more than what it should in the used market? I see a really nice pair of Sams or PBJ (there's a ridiculously cheap SG1105 IIRC) on steep discount every now and then but never a pair of Imperials.

Dunno, just feels like I can't see something that you guys can, lol.

Overhyped? What the fuck are you talking about? It's like oil. The more there is in the market, the cheaper it is. So(oooo) many people buy Sams and it seems even more people fuck it up (re: sizes) so isn't it obvious that the more Sams on the market the lower the price you will pick them up for? Since you don't see many (if any) Imperials on the market, doesn't it make sense that Imperials price on the used market be quite expensive as there's no other Imp to compete with it?

I wasn't picking on Samurai in particular, was just giving some examples.

I actually don't think Imperials are -that- uncommon, I've definitely seen a fair share of them over the past month or so but they've consistently started off at a pretty high asking price. As pertaining to supply, I think you forgot to mention demand - which is why I'm bringing up my point in the first place. What's making Imperial so much better that it can command a high demand and thus a high asking price on used market?

That being said, please take my opinions with a grain of salt as I've never personally handled Imperial before :P

Made in Queensland FTW!

Edit: Though I have to say I don't think Imperial is focusing very much on it's domestic market at all - be hard pressed to find a pair in Melbourne. The Self Edge blurb doesn't even mention that they're Aussie :P

Made in Queensland FTW!

Edit: Though I have to say I don't think Imperial is focusing very much on it's domestic market at all - be hard pressed to find a pair in Melbourne. The Self Edge blurb doesn't even mention that they're Aussie :P

I bought my first pair back in 2007 in Sydney from Anotherinch, unfortunately that shop has also died... :(

^ I think Half-Sleeve in Sydney has them?

All Of The Above in Melbourne used to stock them, but no more.

It's really weird, their site and blog have been inactive for 3 years - the only real activity seems to be with Self Edge nowadays...although I remember being told they were trying to break into the European market too (this was a while back)???

Imperial is coming out with a new fit - TAMA

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150225568742442&set=pu.146130957441&type=1&theater

These are meant to be a skinny selvedge denim with some elastane - 100% made in japan.

I quite like the leather tag:D

is it just me or does that back pocket look tiny?

^ it might be because it is sized 28. perhaps the pockets vary according to size, that way they dont have huge pockets on tiny sizes. Nudies have huge pockets on the tiny sizes and it looks horrible. Or it could also potentially be a uni-sex cut?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150225568742442&set=pu.146130957441&type=1&theater

These are meant to be a skinny selvedge denim with some elastane - 100% made in japan.

This was the jean we gave away 12 pairs of at the SENY opening party almost two years ago.

We've had these on and off at SESF too for over a year, it's a women's jean.

We've decided not to carry it after all.

• 2 weeks later...

for anyone who want to see fit pics for these Unisex cut.

http://www.prontodenim.com/store/2011/05/imperial-tama/

anyone know if the imperialXprontos are still available?

and how much shrinkage would it have? I was thinking of going TTS and getting a 28 then do a hot soak

they're available for some size.You can contact them via these

http://www.prontodenim.com/store/contact/

lol, would a wallet even fit in those pockets?

nothing would fit in those pockets aside from lipstick, keys or other tiny trinkets. and that cut.... man.... there is no reason why a guy should be wearing any pair of jeans that tight and with pockets so small. plus his stance doesnt help sell that pair to guys.