Imperial Jeans

nairb49

ahh, thanks for the information; i seriously appreciate that perspective. im all for helping out small businesses, so i think ill cop this pair within the next few months. would you say that the 14s are similar to the petit standards? thats the only pair in my current rotation, and something similar to it would be great. like most imperial denim, i assume you either size down one or TTS, yeah?

ahh, thanks for the information; i seriously appreciate that perspective. im all for helping out small businesses, so i think ill cop this pair within the next few months. would you say that the 14s are similar to the petit standards? thats the only pair in my current rotation, and something similar to it would be great. like most imperial denim, i assume you either size down one or TTS, yeah?

14's would fit more like New Cures. I doubt you would want to size down on this cut, there are pictures in the SEXI14 thread of people who did and they're pretty damn tight.

ahh, i see. when i compared the measurements between the PS and the 14s, i've looked at same waist sizes. if that's the case, my method fails and the fit makes more sense when i look at the pictures. can you guys recommend me some pairs, imperials or not, that are similar to the PS? Self edge preferred. the proxis are looking extremely difficult to find. thanks!

ahh, i see. when i compared the measurements between the PS and the 14s, i've looked at same waist sizes. if that's the case, my method fails and the fit makes more sense when i look at the pictures. can you guys recommend me some pairs, imperials or not, that are similar to the PS? Self edge preferred. the proxis are looking extremely difficult to find. thanks!

That's because you don't want to look at the same tagged waist size. APC is sanforised and will stretch a ton while SExI14 is unsanforised thus will shrink. From experience, I'm a 34 in 14s, 33 in 08s and 31 in PS, all of which give a very similar silhouette. And I have tried on a 32 301s (Iron Heart) and it too is "fairly" similar.

If you are like me, look at what your tagged size is in your PS and add 3 to get your 14s size...

SExI04, coming up on 3 years... theres a blood stain on the front right pocket but im scared to wash/soak anymore :o

pictures taken indoors at night with some extra lighting (coming from one of those octopus target lamp things). pics are unedited.

190418_10150156219036678_688436677_8132075_3740151_n.jpg

198409_10150156219061678_688436677_8132076_6556917_n.jpg

any aussies here? just wanna ask if any of you know if rhd in adelaide still carry imperials? better still does perth sell imperials?

i've emailed them a few days back but no replies yet. and making a national call would be my last resort.

Pretty sure Andy (rhd) isnt stocking imperial anymore, I was there a couple weeks ago and didnt see any on the racks but he may have a few pairs sitting around somewhere.

give their facebook (Rhd Store) a try, they post/reply on their quite frequently.

i just got my imp shearer that im ordered on SE. The waist fit perfectly for me but the thigh and leg opening so damn baggy. does soaking make shrink alot??

I dont have first hand exp with the shearers, but since theyre sanforized I think its safe to say there will be minimal shrinkage in the thigh and leg opening with a soak.

self-edge doesnt even mention shrinkage occuring in the thigh in their product description so I think you'd be lucky to get anywhere near -0.5 inch off the thigh.

enjoy the relaxed fit :)

Yeah, the idea of Shearers as mentioned earlier is the relaxed fit for comfortable movement for the shearers (lol). I was not a great fan of the very obvious carrot shaped cut when looking at them in person. You could try exchanging them for a pair of Dukes if they're too baggy for you.

i just got my imp shearer that im ordered on SE. The waist fit perfectly for me but the thigh and leg opening so damn baggy. does soaking make shrink alot??

I may suggest going for a different cut (fit) pair of jeans only because it sounds like your are one of the many who cannot pull off the wearing the Shearers'. Don't get me wrong though, if you like the fit, go for it. But from the looks of it, you seem to think otherwise. As others have said, it has a a lot of room in the thighs and a very extreme taper from the knee down. When I had mine they fit seemed to perfectly but as the months passed on I started getting knee buldges and they no longer looked the same.. But as two years have passed and many rain soaks and two washes the knee buldging isn't as agressive and the fitment has molded perfectly to my body.

Here's how they turned out after two years.

p6b90.jpg

50in1i.jpg

dbp28l.jpg

Hope this helps.