Imperial Jeans

nairb49

kwiteaboy are the pair you are getting sent a deadstock pair?

Because I was asking about the black denim everyone on here was ordering, they said this older denim was a shorter leg then their current models.

If loving denim is wrong i don't want to be right.

Edited by johninger on Jan 17, 2006 at 07:37 PM

Quote:

Yes, they are deadstock. Do you know if Imperial accept returns? I'll wait and see, but I really hope they do.

--- Original message by kwiteaboy on Jan 17, 2006 07:56 PM

i really doubt it kboy, they don't even have an ecommerce shop front. When i ordered mine a while back i had to convince them i knew my size because they wouldn't do returns.

My advice put them on FS here i'm sure you'll get buyers judging by how many hits this thread is getting.

Quote:

4months.jpg

--- Original message by Denim R on Jan 15, 2006 05:27 PM

much better photos denimer.

you must be tall and thin to fit into a 30 at over 6ft

edited out slightly rude remark. sorry if you read it denimer

Edited by johninger on Jan 17, 2006 at 09:54 PM

good point mr haptronic

i have been practising and i think i am confident enough to post to all you expert photographers.

Want to show you my pair i have been wearing in for about 4 months now, about to wash them for the first time. Might do that whole before after show that people have been getting into recently

I know its early as far as superfuture goes but i am going with imperials advice that after a few months its alright to wash them in cold water.

By the way haptronic i might be coming to new zealand soon, so i will look out for the guy in dukes, fat white shoes (tongue out) and some smooth sunnies. :{@

you wouldn't have to do it every time you washed them. The treatment a pair of jeans goes through when being industrially washed is very harsh. Chemicals and very hot wash and hot dry. You would never subject it to this again.

This causes shrinkage but like i have said before denim contracts and expands because of the weave. You'll notice it the most around your waist because there is constant pressure there. The weave relating to the length won't expand unless you place pressure on it, this could be weight when hanging them to dry.

Then again, each denim reacts differently and black denim is generally less subject to shrinking and expanding, you might not get the 2" results that some of got from other denim

Quote:

gosh i cant decide between these, canes or justy some rescues.......shit.......i got some thinking to do...they are all the same price basically

--- Original message by kixslf on Jan 19, 2006 12:22 AM

yeah jesus man, you are gonna buy everything, sven, rescues, imperials now, sugarcanes..... hook me up with some of your cash! my pair of kings is gonna be done soon.

I think it is an easy choice.

APC for understated (no branding), Japanese stuff for repro and more old school cuts. Nudie for what's "cool" at the moment.

That said since i got my dukes i don't wear anything else, nudies don't fit well enough and my edwins are no good to wear with low cut shoes.

To be fair my APCs get a good run when i want to fly low on the radar brand wise (ie totally unbranded).

Edited by Denim R on Jan 19, 2006 at 06:08 PM

Was over one of my friends house today he had his dukes on, took some happy snaps.

He has got to wear his jeans a bit higher though, plus get them taken up, but can't talk him out of it. He wants to have that big a cuff after he washes them.

back.jpg

side.jpg

Edited by polly7 on Jan 19, 2006 at 11:05 PM