Imperial Jeans

nairb49

My understanding from reading peoples posts here is that deadstock in regards to denim means jeans from past seasons but are still new.

So haptronics jeans are deadstock as far as imperial are concerned. dry denim or raw denim are not synonomous with deadstock. So maybe they don't make washed black dukes anymore.

If loving denim is wrong i don't want to be right.

Quote:

28 in bootcut ola

28 in APC NS

29 edwin rainbow selvage

--- Original message by Denim R on Jan 12, 2006 07:29 PM

Hey Denim R, I've been emailing the guys at Imperial over the last week and am almost decided at getting the same jeans you have, the 30" dukes. I also wear APC New Standard in 28 and was wondering if you'd be able to compare the two jeans for me. I like the leg widths of the New Standard, not baggy but not overly tight. The only thing I don't like so much about the NS is for some reason I don't think they look good cuffed, so I was hoping to wear my next pair of jeans cuffed for a bit of variety.

How do you think the Duke compares to the NS?

Thanks for the help mate!

i have a 36" inseam, so even with long jeans like imperials and APCs i only get a little cuff. I see a few guys around brizzie rocking cuffs and they look pretty sweet.

Of the three my favourite are the DUKEs by far, don't really wear the others much anymore. Although i am starting to feel the edwins a little bit these days, cause i got a sweet pair of hitops that i rock a bit.

Trying to get a pair of kings by email but they are making me wait till ultrasuite get them in february.

Are you an aussie as well, mate!? Whereabouts are you?

Edited by Denim R on Jan 15, 2006 at 03:36 PM

arghh, i hate being a "short" guy. i suppose thanks to dior the whole bunched look is "in" but what happens when its out???

i'll have a whole bunch of jeans to hem i guess. From what i hear, and see from the website, i'd say the duke vs king is kind of like comparing 47 vs 55 levi's 501s.

bigger in the seat and thighs, and not tapered down.

nairb49

Unfortunately there's no stockists in Melbourne. They had one store lined up but they've just gone out of business.

So lucky for me, the imperial dudes are sending me a pair, which is why I was wondering about the cut ;)

I'd still prefer to try it on in a store, but they said I could send 'em back if they don't fit right. Really good service, and they actually know and care about the denim unlike most people in the high-end denim stores down in melbourne anyways!

The store was "D Inc", they got two shops one in Little Collins and one in Greville St Prahran. They're both closing down. I never liked those stores anyways, most of the people there didn't know shit about denim.

Those dukes looks pretty sweet. And the raw leather tag is choice! Never heard of such a thing!

Got any more shots of the dukes?

finally arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

duke black worn selvage, very very nice. fit is bang-on, the guys were on point with their suggestion

back view-was trying to twist around, so the back pockets look a little wonky

imperial001.jpg

imperial002.jpg

imperial003.jpg

let me know if anyone wants measurements, more pics etc

i bought waist 32, normally wear a 31

nairb49