Imperial Jeans

nairb49

I hot soaked my black Kings for 2 hours and then dried them for the day. The jeans shrank about a half an inch in length and nada around the waist. Took them to the tailor a few days ago and just got them back after having them tapered (from 9.5 to 8.5) and hemmed. They look great! I'll post pics as soon as I can.

hi, Im looking into buying some dukes. My true waist is 32. I don't want a tight fit, should I sz up to 33 or 34?

I'd say get a 33, but no bigger..

check this:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=184

The 33 will measure to be about 34" in the waist which means they will in no way be tight. But keep in mind these don't shrink much because they're sanforized.

As much as I love my dukes, it still annoys me that they have such a large leg opening. The only shoes they really suit due to this are hype beasty sneakers or big boots, niether of which I wear anymore.

Its a shame because out of the 6 pairs of 'premium denim' that I own, the Imperials are still my favourite in terms of material, build quality and colour. I just hope they decide to make a slimmer version.

kiya, will they stretch more than they shrink?

Yes, because they're sanforized...

I'd say get a 33, but no bigger..

check this:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=184

The 33 will measure to be about 34" in the waist which means they will in no way be tight. But keep in mind these don't shrink much because they're sanforized.

Ok, I just dont want to end up with them being skin tight, but I dont want them too baggy either. My ideal fit would be like Bringbros.

imperialsuv5.jpg

I doubt you'll get much in the way of stacking from Kings; bootcuts were designed to minimise that feature (it's only recently that it seems to have become desirable...not into it myself). Mine do have something going on down there, though, from being caught out in the rain a few times. Maybe if you gave the the cuff area a bit of a soak and let it scrunch up a bit as you walk around it would help...like you'd just splashed through a puddle. Silly, but hey, we suffer for our art.

And the black denim...yeah. Reminds me of tthat childhood saying "shake and shake the ketchup bottle...nothing comes...and then a lot'll"...One day you'll look down in bright sunlight and realise that what you thought were just the crests of your creases are in fact a lighter shade of grey..and some of those vertical threads are actually almost white...and some of the little bastards have worn right through aand you've got holes happening before you ever thought you had a fade....heh.