Imperial Jeans

nairb49

You can be 100% sure you won't be seeing sexihos on anyone else in Sydney.

Unfortunately for indigo_junkie this is not true. Ive got a pair in the mail.

I dont understand the elitism that people have when it comes to denim. I for one commend people I see wearing good jeans, where here in australia they are few and far between and industrial washed bootcuts are rampant.

I do see a lot of Nudies in Sydney. The only reason this annoys me is because far better jeans can be had for similar money.

what's your waist size?

i have a pair of Nudie 33" RRDS..they've since stretched out a bit (but still fit me well) and i have a few inches in the waist. should i go down to 32" for the Kings?

i need to measure my true wasit as i think it has gone done. i would measure your RRDS right and then get a pair of kings that are one inch smaller than that measurement. trust, they will strech at the waist within days....

i need to measure my true wasit as i think it has gone done. i would measure your RRDS right and then get a pair of kings that are one inch smaller than that measurement. trust, they will strech at the waist within days....

I don't know how true it is with the blacks about stretching. I've had my dukes for over 6 months and even though I don't wear them that much I would have expected them to stretch a bit more in that time. They haven't stretched much at all and are still pretty tight around the waist.

I'm really happy I sized down but I'll need to take some side shots while crouching to show what I mean by tight waist, it's as if the waist is shaped by the denim more than the denim by the waist.

I dont understand the elitism that people have when it comes to denim. I for one commend people I see wearing good jeans, where here in australia they are few and far between and industrial washed bootcuts are rampant.

I do see a lot of Nudies in Sydney. The only reason this annoys me is because far better jeans can be had for similar money.

Oh damn...I'm wearing a pair of Nudies...

I just like the gunmetal sort of blue of the rrds. Go to Castle Towers if you wanna see some evisus. I wear mine to work at timezone :P

Hmm...its coming down to Imperials or DenimJunkies...maybe I try on a pair of Imps at some store :D

Imperials seem to have weird sizing IMO. My waist is a pretty even 32, which is what I wear in A77, Dior, Lee but I needed a 34 Duke. Even then, it was really hard to button up when I was trying them on. Now after 3 months of wear, they are reasonably loose around the waist but not so much that I would want a smaller pair.

I am 6'1" and my height is in my legs. Even so the Dukes are pretty loose fitting jeans and stack quite a bit. Im thinking of getting them hemmed an inch or so. I wish Imperial would make an even more fitted pair than the dukes. The quality of the denim and the construction is argueably the best I have seen. But I would love a pair with a more fitted ass. Like someone else said the pockets and fit at the back makes your butt look "deflated" and looks like you are wearing them way below the waist.

That's like me too. I'm a 32 in standard Levis and Nudie, but I needed a 34 Duke as well (almost panicked about the tightness of the thigh several times in the first week of wear). But like I've said in previous posts, it's stretched out to just right. The denim quality and construction is awesome. That guy from Another (seriously don't remember his name) showed me the differences in construction between the Imperial and LVC and I was amazed.

I'm seeing a huge variety of jeans in Sydney. I can't recognise most of them but I've only ever seen one other person in Imperials and he was browsing in Another while I was buying mine. And I've never seen any Japanese brands on anyone, even Evisu. You can be 100% sure you won't be seeing sexihos on anyone else in Sydney.

This board has caused two things to happen to me. One, I've ordered expensive jeans without first trying them on, and am now sadly contemplating buying another pair. Two, I'm now staring at everyone's butt especially if it's covered in denim; both male and female. I'm not sure which is worse but I think I now understand the term supergay.

I don't know where you hang out in Sydney. All I seem to be seeing is; Levis, Nudie, Industrie, Lees, and the odd True Religion and 7 for Mankind, and that weird arcuate that Jeans West puts on their jeans. I haven't seen any Japanese jeans anywhere. I've worn my Eternal 868 out and had people asking why I'm wearing a patterned canvas pant. They've never seen that kind of slubby before. :D

I know the pain of ordering jeans the wrong size. 90% of my jean collection had to be ordered in. the plus side is that for every jean I buy, I get better and better at figuring out the online size measurements. Plus, I'm more of a hoarder/collector. One or two 'perfect' pairs would never be enough.

Man! At least tell me I'm the only one with a pair of Et868 in Aus. lol.:D Only kidding. Glad to see someone else enjoying these jeans.

Most of the 'elitism' comes from all those brand new Nudie wearers who have been recently "educated" in raw denim. I see them wear their slim jims or thin finns or superslim kims way too tight, can barely walk and stop every now and then to pull the denim wedged in their arses.

Oh damn...I'm wearing a pair of Nudies...

I just like the gunmetal sort of blue of the rrds. Go to Castle Towers if you wanna see some evisus. I wear mine to work at timezone :P

Hmm...its coming down to Imperials or DenimJunkies...maybe I try on a pair of Imps at some store

Man, there are too many aussies on this freaking board. lol.;)

I used to live in Castle Hill before the third expansion. For those who don't know. Kmart + some support shops = Castle Towers (which at that time was smaller than Castle Mall). First Expansion into a proper mall. Second Expansion into "Castle Towers, second largest mall in Australia next to Parramatta", Third Expansion - Piazza area, Greater Union moves across the road and becomes a megaplex. I actually spent more time at GW than Timezone. Less damage to the wallet.

Might as well go into Another in Darlinghurst and try on some Imperials. That Denim Junkie group buy is going to take its sweet time to resolve itself. Heck, if it goes any longer, I might get a pair (Like I said before $US205 + shipping for 14oz Zimbabwe cotton denim is a hot deal)

The only reason this annoys me is because far better jeans

can be had for similar money.

The problem is, most people (myself included before discovering Styleforum and this board) wouldn't have the brass nuts to order something fitted like clothing online. Esp for denim worth $200+. There isn't a BiG or Selfedge equivalent in Australia that sells Japanese denim for people to try and buy.

quick group buy update, i talked to sam today and he said that he couldn't do more than teh 25% off 1st time buyer coupon.

Just to let you know the indigo raws are $265, where as the black raws are $245. With the 25% off ($198.75 and $183.75 respectively) it's still a pretty sweet deal. Sorry I wasn't able to put something together

good luck guys and thank you Sam for all your help

I will be picking up my Imperial Kings very soon :)

hey guys, i need some reassurance... i talked to ryan from context and he mentioned sizing down on the kings, i wear a 36 in corpus for reference...

do you guys think i should size down as well?

I got my true size in kings and they're pretty baggy on me, I say size down.