Imperial Jeans

nairb49

• 3 months later...

Had a few people message me about my jean shorts or "jorts". This is usually a heated subject and honestly, the negativity most of the time outweighs the positives of posting. I was going to post when they were a lot further along but hey, with some interest checks via email, decided to show them.

I turned a pair of SExI08BKs into shorts (as I did with a pair of SG2109s) and I have divided my time between them 50/50 (when I do wear shorts, which is pretty minimal). So check the The Strike Gold thread too.

SExI08BK. One initial soak, about 10 washes and I would estimate about four months of actual wear.

15432910655_5fb720f5b3_o.jpg

15409842926_2150ae4088_o.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I didn't think I'd be in the market for new jeans for a while, but I recently lost some weight and the rise on my N&F Spirits was crushing me anyway, so I decided to stop into SENY and check out the SEXI(edit, good catch peacedoff)23, since I remember being bummed out when out I missed out on the SEXI14.  I talked with Thomas and another guy whose name I didn't catch, but they were both really cool dudes, and helped with sizing and all that jazz.  Yeah, it's been said a million times but SE rocks and trying on jeans is so much easier than online ordering.  Anyway, here are the jawns, I got them in size 32.  For reference, I'm 5'-11" and about 170 pounds.

0oL36nW.jpg

oydr3AC.jpg

Obligatory standing denim pic

QgPulIe.jpg

They certainly are slim, and I could've gone with a 33 which would've been TTS, but I don't mind the slim fit since they aren't uncomfortable; it's nice to be able to wear my pants at my waist if you get my not so subtle drift.  The fabric is great and the details are too, plus it's great motivation to keep the weight off.  In terms of sizing I'd go TTS or down 1 if you want a very slim fit.

Bummed l didn't get a pair of these !!!!!!

• 1 year later...

Last time I checked out Imperial was around 2012 - saw the Duke & King models at a local shop here in Aus - I wasn't very impressed by the quality of construct at the time.

Anyway, I saw that a shop in Sydney is now carrying the full range, so I took another look. I have to say (with some regret as an Australian) now that the manufacturing has moved to Okayama, IMO the quality has improved.

The price was right ($220 USD shipped), so I bought a pair of shearers. Some pre-soak pics:

VoNs4yc.jpgHmPnCuP.jpg^ Patch was hilarious.

fItndVJ.jpg^Raised belt loops, bar-tacking, neat-stitches, and the works!

Would definitely recommend checking out Imperials again.

"I have to say (with some regret as an Australian) now that the manufacturing has moved to Okayama, IMO the quality has improved"

They look great! 

I have to admit tho, Australians seem to have this grand idea that everything that is designed and made outside of Australia would be better built in Australia...examples - opal cards, why not just bring over the octopus card instead of trying to replicate it poorly & bankrupt a company trying to do it? Navy ships, half built in italy, half built in australia(why...lmao) leading to tonnes of hilarious stories from my mates on board them 

EDIT: What shop in sydney? May go check them out! 

Also, you should hit up the Corlection Flat Head event on July 23rd, i am going to try to organize a meetup beforehand 

Edited by karanimal

They look great! 

I have to admit tho, Australians seem to have this grand idea that everything that is designed and made outside of Australia would be better built in Australia...examples - opal cards, why not just bring over the octopus card instead of trying to replicate it poorly & bankrupt a company trying to do it? Navy ships, half built in italy, half built in australia(why...lmao) leading to tonnes of hilarious stories from my mates on board them 

Also, you should hit up the Corlection Flat Head event on July 23rd, i am going to try to organize a meetup beforehand 

The Myki card here in Melbourne is not much better either :(

I'm assuming the Flat Head event is in Sydney? I can't make it to Sydney at the time unfortunately.

The shop was Half Sleeve btw. No other denim stuff other than Imperial though.

Welcome back Mike...miss reading your blog updates...will you be active on that again?

Cheers mate! There were a few blog posts that proved consistently popular, so I hope to edit and re-write them again...a lot of the old photo links are dead, and I've some further thoughts in the few years since.

From there on, not sure...depends if the blog gets traffic like it once did I suppose.

On a topical note, the shearer's are taking forever to dry in this damp and cold weather. I'm seriously tempted to use the dryer, just a little bit.

They look great! 

sounds really tempting for a couple days trip..

• 1 year later...

Wow, two years without any action here?  Is Imperial still making jeans?

SEXI23s.  I bought these at least 5 years go.  During that time, my thighs got a bit bigger.  (Beer?  Squats?  Middle age?  I'll never tell.)  I'm not sure the slim tapered look is for me anymore, but I can still just barely squeeze into these.  But I don't think I can mount a bike in these without ripping them in half, and since I ride a bike just about everywhere, these are definitely on the back burner.  Probably at least a year of wear.  At least 10 washes in the bathtub.  One repair.  I am pretty proud of these.

IMG_1205.thumb.jpg.93b95fd9b46499375fcb0878a5a243e6.jpg

IMG_1207.thumb.jpg.562ee39501ac3abfe47f35a613b62578.jpg

Edited by owlofminerva

On 4.6.2018 at 3:41 PM, owlofminerva said:

Wow, two years without any action here?  Is Imperial still making jeans?

SEXI23s.  I bought these at least 5 years go.  During that time, my thighs got a bit bigger.  (Beer?  Squats?  Middle age?  I'll never tell.)  I'm not sure the slim tapered look is for me anymore, but I can still just barely squeeze into these.  But I don't think I can mount a bike in these without ripping them in half, and since I ride a bike just about everywhere, these are definitely on the back burner.  Probably at least a year of wear.  At least 10 washes in the bathtub.  One repair.  I am pretty proud of these.

IMG_1205.thumb.jpg.93b95fd9b46499375fcb0878a5a243e6.jpg

IMG_1207.thumb.jpg.562ee39501ac3abfe47f35a613b62578.jpg

Congrats to this awesome denim evo!!!

Be nice to be able to try a pair on .

iv made some bad/costly online purchases in the last two years , I'm done ordering online .

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Imperial is coming back, for one more jean, in 2023.  I have the samples in hand, and they're quite nice!

On 9/16/2022 at 10:42 PM, kiya said:

Imperial is coming back, for one more jean, in 2023.  I have the samples in hand, and they're quite nice!

This would be incredible news indeed!!! 
Keep us updated on the new ones!!

@reallypeacedoff Are your old Imperial jeans still alive?

They‘re looking like ready for an eternal life in the Jeansmuseum soon

On 9/16/2022 at 8:51 PM, reallypeacedoff said:

Realized I was basically the last person to post. Wish Imperial was still around, something about their box-y shape that I love. Here's a few close ups:

IMG_6198.thumb.JPG.d348d89433e9ae872f061103906f7076.JPG

IMG_6203.thumb.JPG.a746d2b86f252eba3b1f461efa57be43.JPG

Wow what an impressing raw denim evo

Keep them alive for dver they deserve an eternal life for sure