Imperial Jeans

nairb49

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great fadings on them, congrats

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I can buy imperial shearers or prospectors online? I was looking on self edge and halfsleeve, but both don't sell them in a size 29. Also halfsleeve only ships to Australia on their sale items. Lastly, would a size 29 stretch out enough to fit my ~30.5 waist?

Does anyone know where I can buy imperial shearers or prospectors online? I was looking on self edge and halfsleeve, but both don't sell them in a size 29. Also halfsleeve only ships to Australia on their sale items. Lastly, would a size 29 stretch out enough to fit my ~30.5 waist?

We've got them in Portland.  Email me at [email protected] and I can get you sorted out.  The 29 would definitely stretch enough to accommodate your waist size.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just purchased a pair of pre-owned sexi14. The crotch area looks like it has thinned out quite a bit and looks like a crotch blowout might eventually appear so I want to send these out to get repaired/reinforced. Whom do you guys recommend that does excellent work in denim repair? I already tried calling Self-edge, but as I am located in Texas they do not accept mail-ins. Thanks guys.

I just purchased a pair of pre-owned sexi14. The crotch area looks like it has thinned out quite a bit and looks like a crotch blowout might eventually appear so I want to send these out to get repaired/reinforced. Whom do you guys recommend that does excellent work in denim repair? I already tried calling Self-edge, but as I am located in Texas they do not accept mail-ins. Thanks guys.

Railcar does good work: http://www.railcarfinegoods.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RSDARNING

• 3 months later...

My first experience with raw denim. Got my Imperial Shearers (black, 34) yesterday.

I've got wide thighs and usually go for a 33 in Carhartt. The slimmer thighs of the 32 Dukes were off limits, but the Prospector 32s were fine. Just goes to show that the roomier Imperial upper section isn't just a rumour. 

Although the Prospectors were probably a better fit, the store was trying to clear out its old stock, so I picked up a pair of old Australian made Shearers on sale. The high rise is pretty insane - like a male corset to hold in the "love handles"! But I picked them up anyway. Shame the new stock isn't made in Australia, although the according to the guy in store, denim heads were telling the Imperial guys to just get the stuff made in Okayama for achieve higher quality. I kinda prefer that they were made in Australia - IMHO gotta have a point of difference.

My pair had a minor stitching fault on the inside leg. But I figure I can just cut it and hope it won't further unravel.
n8jg.jpg

zp59.jpg

z2wl.jpg

fnm4.jpg

1bdt.jpg

My first experience with raw denim. Got my Imperial Shearers (black, 34) yesterday.

I've got wide thighs and usually go for a 33 in Carhartt. The slimmer thighs of the 32 Dukes were off limits, but the Prospector 32s were fine. Just goes to show that the roomier Imperial upper section isn't just a rumour. 

Although the Prospectors were probably a better fit, the store was trying to clear out its old stock, so I picked up a pair of old Australian made Shearers on sale. The high rise is pretty insane - like a male corset to hold in the "love handles"! But I picked them up anyway. Shame the new stock isn't made in Australia, although the according to the guy in store, denim heads were telling the Imperial guys to just get the stuff made in Okayama for achieve higher quality. I kinda prefer that they were made in Australia - IMHO gotta have a point of difference.

My pair had a minor stitching fault on the inside leg. But I figure I can just cut it and hope it won't further unravel.

n8jg.jpg

zp59.jpg

z2wl.jpg

fnm4.jpg

1bdt.jpg

btw: I'm about 5'7" and the rise just covers my navel. I'll need to get a belt with a really thin buckle to hold these up. Never been a fan of "the sag" and a bigger (thicker) buckle puts bumps under my shirt.

• 3 weeks later...

We were able to get some Shearers along with black SEXI14 jeans (no more indigo left) back at all Self Edge stores.  I know many of you had been waiting for both of these models for quite a while.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't think I'd be in the market for new jeans for a while, but I recently lost some weight and the rise on my N&F Spirits was crushing me anyway, so I decided to stop into SENY and check out the SEXI(edit, good catch peacedoff)23, since I remember being bummed out when out I missed out on the SEXI14.  I talked with Thomas and another guy whose name I didn't catch, but they were both really cool dudes, and helped with sizing and all that jazz.  Yeah, it's been said a million times but SE rocks and trying on jeans is so much easier than online ordering.  Anyway, here are the jawns, I got them in size 32.  For reference, I'm 5'-11" and about 170 pounds.

0oL36nW.jpg

oydr3AC.jpg

Obligatory standing denim pic

QgPulIe.jpg

They certainly are slim, and I could've gone with a 33 which would've been TTS, but I don't mind the slim fit since they aren't uncomfortable; it's nice to be able to wear my pants at my waist if you get my not so subtle drift.  The fabric is great and the details are too, plus it's great motivation to keep the weight off.  In terms of sizing I'd go TTS or down 1 if you want a very slim fit.

Edited by SamLJack

^ Perfect fit!

Looks like you (and SE) nailed the fit. I think you'll find they are SExI23 and not SExI32 though  ;).

I think Imperial (and SG XX09) fits us tall slim kids the best. I was in SF for the weekend and had a look at the 23s, denim feels almost the same as the 14s so I'm not worried about getting them as my 14s are still going. But if you missed out on the 14s, the 23s are pretty much the same.

I didn't write them down, but my pair ran smaller than SE's measurements on the site.  I got a 16 inch waist across, about 11 inch thigh, more like 10 inch front rise and 7 inch leg opening.  They didn't shrink much after an hour long warm soak, the waist shrank less than an inch, the inseam shrank down to 37 (from 38 I think).  Post some pics when you get them!

Will get fit pics up as soon as I get to my PC but for now (since I'm not sure how to post pics from mobile) my fit pics are over on the IH forum in the selfedge thread, should have th over here no later than tomorrow morning.

That said... Im pretty floored by the cut and the denim... Absolutely amazing considering a second pair to have one on reserve. Only thing holding me back is I have two pair if the 16 oz organic samurai coming in July... First world problem :P

Edited by tatmantall