Imperial Jeans

nairb49

Hey guys, how should I size for sexi14's if I'm 31 in pbjxx-013's?

most people go TTS (true to size) for the sexi14's. a few have sized down one and struggled. that said, they do stretch a bit so don't be afraid to hot soak them when you get them, they'll stretch back out. i think self edge are getting a restock of them soon...

most people go TTS (true to size) for the sexi14's. a few have sized down one and struggled. that said, they do stretch a bit so don't be afraid to hot soak them when you get them, they'll stretch back out. i think self edge are getting a restock of them soon...

Yea, I believe they will restock soon. Gotta earn 100 more bucks by the 15th -_-

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to up my denim game right now and have been eyeing imperial dukes for a LONG time.

Thing is I'm not sure what to size. I'm currently wearing a tag 30 APC rescues. Which I bought back in June (was about 10 pounds heavier and had a 32 waist.. Haven't washed it once so it has stretched quite a bit.

Now I'm 6'1 175lbs with a 30 inch waist measured my thighs and it came up to 12". To my understanding dukes are slimmer then rescues. So should I size up 32 and hope for the best even though SE has the thigh measurement at 11.25 or size to a 33?

I would like a fit similar to this

new dukes size 30 first wear

6ada804f.jpg

2e3f079a.jpg

I don't believe you that your thin finn tagged 34 also measures 34" in the waist. Especially as it starts at 36" (source nudie webshop) and is sanforized, so will only stretch. how do you measure?

well atm i just washed them so they shrunk down a bit, the calf , leg opening and waist is a bit roomy but the thigh is pretty spot on. I measured using the blue in green style

solely based on your measurements and the one from self edge a size 33 could work, as it measures 34" raw, will shrink a bit but should stretch back out to over 34" (sanforized). and you saying your are fine with your thin finn at 34" in the waist. well...should work. definitely more room in the thighs then

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

have you looked at the sizing for Imperials on Self Edge? i doubt whether either of these cuts would be what you're after judging by your Nudie measurements

i think my thigh measurement is wrong, i lift weights so my thighs are pretty big around 25.5" which would mean i would fit in 34 shearers just fine according to the sizing chart

Edited by illest.

imho theres not much thinking to imperial sizing. i am 34 in all pants and sz34 dukes and sexi08 have done me well. my true waist is closer to 33 but it's always safer sizing up than down. the best thing you can do is try them on in-store. in their raw state, sz33 will be just as tight as sz34. soak and stretch

Edited by fobsquad

imho theres not much thinking to imperial sizing. i am 34 in all pants and sz34 dukes and sexi08 have done me well. my true waist is closer to 33 but it's always safer sizing up than down. the best thing you can do is try them on in-store. in their raw state, sz33 will be just as tight as sz34. soak and stretch

thanks for that, the thing is i live in Australia and there are literally no stores that stock imperials... i know how ironic .

The made in Japan Dukes and Shearers have shown up at all Self Edge stores, they look amazing, updated size chart will go up later today.

apart from being made in japan, the denim stayed the same?

Yup, still the same denim which has always been made in Japan. The feel of the jean is of course different because of how the Japanese construct the jeans versus to the way it was being done in Australia.