Imperial Jeans

nairb49

Sam113 has not washed them after one year of daily wear. Should he wash them? He keeps asking me if he should, and I keep saying yes. I want him to give them a good wash and wear them for a few months after the wash, then retire them to the Context Denim Hall of Fame. He needs some advice from SUFU.

+1 on the wash and some after wash pics.

i've asked this before but.. i wanted some more feedback. my size 27 diors have stretched perfectly. would a 28 (after the uncomfortable first wears) be a good enough fit for the dukes/shearers. does imperial even have anything smaller than 28? thanks

Sam113 has not washed them after one year of daily wear. Should he wash them? He keeps telling me he's not going to wash them, and I keep begging him to. I want him to give them a good wash and wear them for a few months after the wash, then retire them to the Context Denim Hall of Fame, but he doesn't care what I want. I need some advice from SUFU.

Fixed for you, Ryan.

+1 on the wash and some after wash pics.

i've asked this before but.. i wanted some more feedback. my size 27 diors have stretched perfectly. would a 28 (after the uncomfortable first wears) be a good enough fit for the dukes/shearers. does imperial even have anything smaller than 28? thanks

Imperial does not make sizes below 28.

My Dukes are size 28, and I wear 19cm MIJs in size 28.

The Dukes were as tight a jean (at the hip) as I have put on- more so than the Diors.

Hope this helps.

just got a pair of kings in a 34. they feel great but the leg opening breaks funny around my high tops. i had looked at apc NC but theyre too damn skinny in the thighs. would the dukes be spacious in the thigh in a 34 but sit properly on my shoes?

just got a pair of kings in a 34. they feel great but the leg opening breaks funny around my high tops. i had looked at apc NC but theyre too damn skinny in the thighs. would the dukes be spacious in the thigh in a 34 but sit properly on my shoes?

NCs and Kings are completely different cuts man. They aren't even comparable in my opinion.

I think that the Dukes should fit you fine in the thighs unless you have massively large thighs.

super excited because I just got my imperial dukes in today and I love the fit. :) thought I'd post fit pictures for those with my body type like I did here for my sexih01's

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=1016440#post1016440

height: 5'10"

weight: 173 lbs

waist: 30.2"

thighs: 24"

size 31 imperial dukes, black

this is about 5 minutes into the wear

DSC05338.jpg

DSC05339.jpg

DSC05340.jpg

the long inseam is great for stacking which helps guy's like us with thick thighs to sort of disguise them. so for all you others with thunder thighs out there, I highly recommend you pick these up :)

bought a pair of size 30 black dukes off someone who wore it only 3 times. they seem awfully soft, so soft that i think they're not raw. i rubbed a wet tissue in multiple places and no dye comes off. is this just how the denim is or was my pair washed/soaked when it shouldn't have been (the buyer said they're raw, unwashed, unsoaked).

bought a pair of size 30 black dukes off someone who wore it only 3 times. they seem awfully soft, so soft that i think they're not raw. i rubbed a wet tissue in multiple places and no dye comes off. is this just how the denim is or was my pair washed/soaked when it shouldn't have been (the buyer said they're raw, unwashed, unsoaked).

Sounds normal. They are very soft and smooth when new. The fabric is sanforised so it feels different from typical raw denim. Black is a different dye from indigo and doesn't rub off, at least with the fabir used by Imperial.

Sounds normal. They are very soft and smooth when new. The fabric is sanforised so it feels different from typical raw denim. Black is a different dye from indigo and doesn't rub off, at least with the fabir used by Imperial.

okay great, as long as another person thinks so. only thing is, arent apc's sanforized, yet they're very rigid?

okay great, as long as another person thinks so. only thing is, arent apc's sanforized, yet they're very rigid?

APCs are indeed Sanforized, as are Imperial. Both are starched.

APCs tend to be a bit more rigid than raw black Imperials.

Your pair might be the rinsed version, which is softer than the raw.

All of the raw blacks that we have had at CONTEXT were pretty rigid when new.

Not quite as rigid as the Indigos, but rigid nonetheless.

APCs are indeed Sanforized, as are Imperial. Both are starched.

APCs tend to be a bit more rigid than raw black Imperials.

Your pair might be the rinsed version, which is softer than the raw.

All of the raw blacks that we have had at CONTEXT were pretty rigid when new.

Not quite as rigid as the Indigos, but rigid nonetheless.

thanks for the great info, so does the rinsed version have any less fading capabilities outside of the fact that it's had one(?) rinse/wash?

thanks for the great info, so does the rinsed version have any less fading capabilities outside of the fact that it's had one(?) rinse/wash?

Other than the fact that black dyes tend to be slower to fade than indigo, no.

im selling some size 36 black kings if anyone is interested. check my old posts or the market. super cheap obo.

(brand new, unworn from selfedge)

Did they not fit you? You could just return them to Self Edge instead of taking a loss.