ethosens f/w

Guest jmatsu

i never seen shit live, so i am assuming that it is just based on hiking transformer pants-shorts. the material is def different though. actually can't see a zipper...

I have a little folder on my computer where i save pics from runways/lookbooks/designers i like and when i viewed this on that blog i definitely saved some. I like a lot of these looks and hope it's as cool in person.

image21.jpg

the purple cummerbund type thing is pretty cool. Would be bad ass for an alternative outfit to wear when going somewhere formal (but able to be creative) like an opera or something like that.

image4.jpg

this is dope as well. I like the micro collars and how the shirt works well with the crazy pants despite them not necessarily being "made for each other". I wonder what the bottom 1/3 looks like

image19.jpg

This is smart. It's like a modern, goofy twist on a cambridge goody goody student look. I'd wear the fuck out of this straight up. Go to the library to do some research, meet some hot studious girl, get coffee with her and fuck her brains out later.

I also like a lot of the jackets and think the use of colorblock is pretty well done compared to some others i've seen. Colorblocks have been really big the past season or two, continuing on into ss09. This is pretty smart use of it though in terms of colors, placement of color separation, and unique ways of integrating them like with zippers and layers, instead of just different colors on the same fabric.

WORD

I'm disappointed in some sufuers for not having any thoughts on this.

Guest deusvalor

Personal best and worst

Not quite right :

image22.jpg

the contrast between the patterned shirt and the plain black pants is pretty good esp cos it maintains the monochromatic color palette. the silhouette too is clear, but the jacket feels really out of place here - it adds puffiness and an additional glossy texture that makes the outfit feel overdone. i think the contrast between the casual jacket and the rest of the outfit's dressy pieces was intentional but jacket is too conspicuous so the contrast isn't subtle. but neither is the contrast explosive because the jacket color blends.

I really like this one:

image23.jpg

nice heather gray color for the wool suit, goes very well with the shirt with its collar ajar. black would have made the detail too conspicuous and distracting. very nice alternating of colors for the lapels,satiny silver goes well with the wool-textured suit.,adds an element of sophisitication to the playful detail. last of all, sneakers delivers a casual, fun punchline. as a result the whole outfit feels very nuanced.

Guest deusvalor

this guy really loves contrast - i think the general color contrasts are pretty interesting, unusual but they work. i still maintain that too many types of textures on a single outfit with lots of color and pattern contrasts = overload.