Tokyo Heads: Do these shops in TOKYO take VISA!?!?!

I was wondering if the Following Shops Take Visa. I was there last year but I dont remeber if they did or not:

-Footsoldier & all the Bape stores for that matter

-Fiberops

-Undercover

-SOPH

-ATMOS

-Comme des Garcons

-Beams T and all the other BEAMS shops

-Invisible:man

I was wondering if the following shops take Visa. I was there last year but I dont remeber if they did or not:

-Footsoldier & all the Bape stores for that matter

-Fiberops

-Undercover

-SOPH

-ATMOS

-Comme des Garcons

-Beams T and all the other BEAMS shops

-Invisible:man

Thanks.

**also, why does it take me two times to get a post to show up on the board?? i wonder if its just my comp.

i have never found a shop in tokyo that didnt suck massive amounts of credit from my VISA. in fact, you could also apply for a BEAMS CREDIT CARD while you wait for them to gift wrap your T. i think they still have them. well/used to have em anyway...

ALL THE APE STORES ARE CLOSED THROUGH THE 29TH of NOVEMBER AND I LEAVE ON THE 30TH!?!?!? Does anyone know why they are closed? anyone??? Maybe they are restocking their new inventory???

actually bape cafe was open. but still. this sucks.

Edwin

Edited by edwin on Nov 26, 2003 at 10:45 PM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My experience of Tokyo (and Japan in general) is that you shoul never rely on using VISA. In fact not all banks allow you to make withdrawls on your debit card either. So take cash and cards.

From memory, BEAMS doesn't take Visa. Nor do most small stores (shoe shops, record stores).

Citibank is the safest palce to withdraw cash at all times of the day and night.

As for the APE stores, I went to many of them and didn't buy a thing. Funny enough the Ape shop in London (Hideout) stocks a smaller but equally good range. Ape is dying a bit now — Japan moves on so fast.

• 2 months later...

ha this is late but i know comme ca takes credit card.

i try to bring as much cash as i can - actually not cash, i turn my cash into travellers checks and then change them at the narita airport--best exchange and you get more for travellers checks. i use my credit card only when i have to and when i can - i know comme ca takes them.

if you have a japanese issued visa card you can also get payment options including

1. payment split into 3 installments

2. revolving payment on the purchase

and the best of all --which i only just found out yesterday when buying my new G4powerbook --- was

3. payment at BONUS TIME... which incidently doesnt come around till august...!

now all i need to do is work out how to get a bonus...?

if you have a japanese issued visa card you can also get payment options including

1. payment split into 3 installments

2. revolving payment on the purchase

and the best of all --which i only just found out yesterday when buying my new G4powerbook --- was

3. payment at BONUS TIME... which incidently doesnt come around till august...!

now all i need to do is work out how to get a bonus...?

--------------------------

superslave1

http://superfuture.com