My F-Troupe Crepe Hiking Boots Quality Issues (Pics Inside)

Sais

A few people asked me about my boots from my WDYW.

vert2ms8.jpg

Well they are the Crepe Hiking Boots by F-Troupe. They are real nice on the foot aesthetically

photo128ku5.jpg

. Leather is cool, but the biggest weakness is the bottom. The boot is not practical as a boot especially for meaningful wear. I may have worn this like 5 times in total since I purchased last month and ....

The back heel rubber is already worn down to the wood midsole and I know if i keep on wearing them it will bear up all the way and it will be a disaster. I have to take it to the cobbler or something.

photo130qs9.jpg

By imsais at 2008-10-17

The outside edges parted by a thread sewn on the bottom wears away at a considerably fast rate. You can see little chunks start to get loose and then fall off around the edges I didn't think of it when I was trying the shoe that the rubber was kind of thin, but as I look now I'm thinking it wasn't built with excessive wear in mind. But again I have worn this five times and I walk normally throughout the city. I don't drag my feet either.

Second issue is around the top of the rubber that runs along the side. I noticed today that it's getting loose in the back. I doubt it will flap down because of the thread tied around it, but for something that is supposed to be of a certain quality it's unacceptable.

photo131fi5.jpg

As you can see the front toe is doing the same thing.

photo129ab1.jpg

Does this warrant a return? These things are falling apart on my feet it seems I had it for a month and I have to do repairs.

crepe soles arent really the best for wearing in the city though... keep that in mind

Not coming at you but...

Where should I wear them? Sand? Grass fields? Hardwood Floors?

I'm pretty sure the majority of us live in places with cement on the ground.

I think that it's kind of absurd for a boot to not be able to withstand cement

also, my banana republic desert boots that ran me 40 dollars on sale have been worn countless times and are holding up wonderfully. besides the blackness that has colored the crepe, they look nice and crispy. goes to show you...

also, my banana republic desert boots that ran me 40 dollars on sale have been worn countless times and are holding up wonderfully. besides the blackness that has colored the crepe, they look nice and crispy. goes to show you...

pics?

-------

Sometimes I wonder if people know what a crepe sole is.

If they did, they would understand that a crepe soled shoe is NOT for hiking. There are also several varieties of crepe soles that better suit different applications.

Sorry about the shoes sais. My girl got me a pair of their crepe sole moc sneakers from last season. They were a little snug, so I returned em, but I will say the stitch and glue work looked a little less than proper.