lyke omgz: end of the world (10): old navy raw selvage

breakfasteatre

Are these the ones??? It doesn't say anything about them being selvage, but the wash is 'Rigid.'

http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?cid=5202&pid=343535

"Without love the acquisition of knowledge only increases confusion and leads to self-destruction..." ~ J.Krishnamurti

Edited by T A M A D on Nov 16, 2005 at 12:30 PM

Quote:

Are these the ones??? It doesn't say anything about them being selvage, but the wash is 'Rigid.'

http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?cid=5202&pid=343535

--- Original message by T A M A D on Nov 16, 2005 12:30 PM

looks like selvage on the watch pocket... i might try those out

Quote: Good lord, can you imagine how many people on niketalk will buy these? I mean levi's STFs hit like a plague within the last few months.

Hahaha, it's so true.

Quote: if it's a decent cut I'd get a pair

Which it doesn't appear to be.

Come on guys, it's not like these jeans are going to be any good. Selvage =/= quality.

I'm more concerned with cut/fit, construction quality, and indigo than I am with whether a pair of jeans is selvage or not.

I'd rather a bunch of lames go out and buy these than Sugar Canes, APC, Nudie, Edwin, etc.

Dry denim is a fad that most people can't get down with anyways. Unless you are really into denim, people will go for the washed shit.

Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado

yeah, i mean selvedge is something that's a great plus on a pair of jeans that are ALREADY great jeans for other reasons.

cut, stitch style, wash, etc...

just because they're selvedge doesn't mean they're any good.

just for the record, i highly doubt these old navys are actual selvedge.

-k

yeah, i mean selvedge is something that's a great plus on a pair of jeans that are ALREADY great jeans for other reasons.

cut, stitch style, wash, etc...

just because they're selvedge doesn't mean they're any good.

just for the record, i highly doubt these old navys are actual selvedge.

-k

everyone relax.....they're dipping their toes in the deep end of the trend pool.

All mass market retailers do it now and then. Until selvage hits in mid-tier, all of the SuperFuture SuperTrendSetters have nothing to worry about. We'll still be "in the know" and "cutting edge" and "anti-mainstream" and all that.

Can I ask you something? These sunglasses: they're really nice. Are they like government issue, or do you guys all go to the same store together?

laugh.gif

the reasn why one selvedge brand is better then the next changes every week. Everyone likes cheap selvedge, but not too cheap.

Ya'll are sayin they will flop, but even if people aren't excited about the jeans just because they are selvedge, they are 30 dollar jeans, and they will sell regardless, so wheres their loss?

DOES WHAT I SAY INTEREST YOU?

I am available for employment,

full time, part time, & consulting, depending on the numbers

I am willing to work for major companies, brands, stores, and magazines

possibly whereever you want me to work, or what gap you need filled is up for discussion, from working directly with clothes to freelance writing

feel free to inquire about anything

contact email: [email protected]

They don't lose at all but I think that selvage doesn't matter because Old Navy's clientele is the mall shopper type that probably doesn't know what the hell selvage is anyway. Perhaps all this new "premium" selvage denim marketing will allow Old navy to cash in on consumers that want a premium for cheap.