lyke omgz: end of the world (10): old navy raw selvage

breakfasteatre

i'm pretty sure you denim snobs don't have to get your apcs in a twist or anything... i work in an h&m and after launching our new denim line this fall, the most unpopular models have been the unwashed, raw, and selvage pieces. your average consumer doesn't know any better, they just want something that looks like diesels or sevens.

I went to check these out tonight. They are selvage, but they aren't dry or rigid at all. They are soft and cheap looking. I was actually dissapointed... I was hoping for a cheap deal!

Edited by Telix on Nov 16, 2005 at 10:44 PM

i'm curious..

to Telix.

what made you think these were actual selvedge?

-k

Nothing, actually. They didn't convince me at all, but I've never seen selvage jeans! The outerseam didn't have the same pattern I've seen on the fake selvage, though, with the big looping stitching. I should have taken my camera. :)

Then again, I didn't see the cardboard instruction tab that the OP mentioned... but they were the ones pictured.

Edited by Telix on Nov 17, 2005 at 12:06 AM

Quote:

i still dont understand when people on this site or any other for that matter get upset when other people get on the same bandwagon theyre on. as if they were THE FIRST PERSON EVAR to rock APC's or $30 levis...

--- Original message by Ryan on Nov 16, 2005 10:43 PM

QFT

Well in my case, I'm not pissed that others get into the same bandwagon, just that a lot of people jump on whatever they think is cool. I like dry denim a lot because of the dark color and the rigid look and I think the whole trend of breaking in is ehhhhh

Edited by super on Nov 17, 2005 at 01:35 AM

Quote:

Good lord, can you imagine how many people on niketalk will buy these? I mean levi's STFs hit like a plague within the last few months.

--- Original message by nwhysee on Nov 16, 2005 01:51 PM

hilarious these jeans were made for you nt'rs! thread started by a nt'r and everyone who comments in this thread is a nt'r!

SPECIAL 4 U & ME

These aren't really selvage. If you turn the leg inside out, you can see that about 3/4 way down, a piece of selvage has been sewn over the normal seam. The selvage on the leg doesn't like right anyways b/c the outside edges of the selvage are really thick, I guess to cover the stitching of the normal seams. It's ridiculous how much selvage is all over the jeans. There's a piece covering the watch pocket, inside the waist band, etc.

they arent raw but at least they got that ultra low rise and mad bootcut! (10) Im gonna pick up a few dozen of these just incase they stop making em and at that price you all should...maybe we could get an SF discount arranged if we plug em enuf on here.

MILitary SPECificationS OO

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

Quote:

they arent raw but at least they got that ultra low rise and mad bootcut! (10) Im gonna pick up a few dozen of these just incase they stop making em and at that price you all should...maybe we could get an SF discount arranged if we plug em enuf on here.

--- Original message by MilSpex on Nov 18, 2005 03:46 AM

I assume you are kidding.

Quote:

kettle calling the pot black huh friend

Its funny, when i made this thread, i made up the whole old navy selvage thing, but its funny that old navy actually makes a selvage jean now, obviously not geared toward the supershopper though.

--- Original message by breakfasteatre on Nov 17, 2005 07:57 PM

this whole thread was a joke, it is pretty funny that it turned out kinda true

www.youngestincharge.com

www.opticalweapons.com

• 1 month later...