Workshirts

gimmegimme

Picked up this western chambray not too long ago... from Rag & Bone. The denim is very soft, and detailing is excellent. I hesitated to put it in here, but realized most of the Iron Heart shirts in this thread also are a bit of a western style (snap buttons, front yoke, etc.). Only after I loaded the pics did I realize I forgot a frontal shot, but you get the idea...

DSC_0548.jpg

DSC_0551.jpg

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

took another lesson/experiment in HOW TO SOAK?

my BR chambray was a tad to big in the body after a 30 and 40 degree wash without detergent.

soaked only the body in 50 degrees, because the sleeves are perfect.

turned out it worked perfect. body is stiffer than the sleeves

happy tt :)

Anyone know of any non-western style red chambray workshirts that are currently for sale somewhere?

hey captain, a beautiful one by warehouse hellers. ( but i am not sure if it is chambray, dont think so, but still)

here is the link

http://ware-house.co.jp/index.php?page=catalog_item&ic=29297

and then there is sugarcanes jeans cord, wich is also not chanbray

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/sc23210/

guess i didnt answer the question ;-)

but real mccoys also have some

http://www.c-king.jp/0-2mccoy.html

^Oh that one is NICE! No Ms left, though :(

The sugarcane jeans cord shirt looks great, too. It looks similar to the shirt that PETEROCK posted a couple of pages back, but a different material.

no i actually think its the same material as the one peter postet, i have the red jeans cord shirt its nice but the material is a bit stiff but great red

hey captain check the distressed thread ;-)

FanTASTic thread! Those photos remind me that everything doesn't have to fit perfectly... oh, and that I need to get the motorbike out of the garage!

Did I make the right choice by going with the SC beige short sleeve chambray instead of the red SDA one? I need affirmation..

Not sure if you want my answer ;) Although I think it all depends on your skin tone. Red looks so much better on me than beige.

Goat- I hadn't seen that second flathead shirt. I am only familiar with their more western styles, like the first and third that you posted. Thanks!

It'll probably look better on you than me. You totally have me thinking about the SDA chambray. Sadly, though, the L chest is a bit big and the collar is way too big.

I am about to start a job where there is generally more of a dress code than a uniform, and most fortunately it is a dress code that applauds things like workshirts, tweed flatcaps, rolled up sleeves displaying tattoos, cuffed selvage jeans, work boots, etc.

However, for particular shifts, the dress code is augmented with the requirement of a black vest (provided...double breasted, shawl collar) and a neck-tie. Now, the simple solution to this requirement would be to get some shirts that were designed specifically for neck-ties and just wear them exclusively with a plain black tie for these shifts, but I am very happy with my current shirt rotation comprised of all three MFxSC chambrays, and am largely opposed to owning a piece of clothing strictly to wear at work, that doesn't fit the rest of my wardrobe.

So my question is two-fold...what are some styles, or sizes of neckties, or ways of tying them that might work well with my current workshirts, and if there is no way to make that work, what is my ideal compromise in terms of workshirt aesthetics with the ability to appropriately accommodate a necktie. Bonus points also given for photos or anecdotes detailing historical pairing of neckties (or neckwear in general) with workshirts or just as a component of the pre-war workwear aesthetic. Many thanks in advance.

With a black Shawl collar vest I would go with a gray or a white shirt, J crew makes a white Chambray. I would add buttons to make it almost like an oxford button collar. Now you have an "oxford" and your vest. I would grab a black skinny tie or maybe a gray and wear something kinda like this. They also have some Chambray ties made by different brands.

259c_fashion_men.jpg

That would be the "inspiration" that I modeled my look after with those pieces of clothing. Although of course you will be wearing denim instead of khaki. But that would kinda be the look I aimed for.

I would wear a four in hand knot. A big knot would not be very flattering with the sewed down button collar.

If you don't wanna sew in buttons and have an anchored collar you could try and add collar tabs to get a stiff collar and you could wear bigger knots like a full windsor. It would look kinda like this.

how-to-wear-knit-tie-0209-lg-2813988.jpg

To be mostly historically accurate pairing a workshirt with a tie you would need to get a bolo tie, the workers tie.

I hope this helped..

i dont see the problem. why not wear a tie with a chambray work shirt?

just think of the claxton pic of mcqueen while shooting baby the rain must fall, or james dean in giant.

• 2 weeks later...