supertalk6
gimmegimme

Workshirts

hey guys

can anyone here tell me how much the sugercane shirts shrink after washing them?

or is there not shrinking ?

deluxware is very high quality, nice thick fabric, triple needle stitching. look at 2nd if you want to see some examples. i'll try to post some pictures when i have time

hey fardin I don't think there's much shrinkage with the sugarcane workshirts. But to be safe what I usually do is wash them by hand and hang dry.

Pwing that shirt is dope.

Sugarcane shirts are available at BiG in the states and a whole lot of other stores everwhere else.

just saw this thread and figured id contribute.

I have a Nudie Gunnar shirt that i wore for a while as a work shirt. Its beat up pretty badly... some of the snaps busted off, and some holes developed near the cuffs.

the denim on it is broken twill, pretty similar to the regular dry slim jims.

I havent worn it in a while though. and i actually never washed the thing either.

P1051254.jpg

P1051255.jpg

P1051256.jpg

P1051257.jpg

Where can you get this sugar cane work shirt or one like it:

ironheartsugarcaneworkshirt.jpg[/img]

thats a nice looking shirt, perfect length as to not need to be tucked. In for details also

'lejandro, I emailed Sam and he seems like a good guy with dedication to creating a quality product. He was quick to get back and touch with me and seems interested in hearing input from his blog readers and other workwear lovers. You can easily verify the quality of the source of his materials and the pictures hes posted so far speak for themselves.

I definitely plan to give him some business in the future.

A thrift store find: Brand new with tags, $1.50 1980's, I believe, Five Brother chambray workshirt.

DSC03963.jpg

DSC03964.jpg

The tags and stickers made a big point of stating that it was union made in the USA :)

Wow... I wonder what those engineers would think if you told them their clothing would be worth more today than they made in 5 years... Imagine the price for the whole getup, not just the shirt by itself.

Also, great find B-Dawg... especially for the price. I always seem to locate stuff like that, but 3 sizes too small for me.

'lejandro, I emailed Sam and he seems like a good guy with dedication to creating a quality product. He was quick to get back and touch with me and seems interested in hearing input from his blog readers and other workwear lovers. You can easily verify the quality of the source of his materials and the pictures hes posted so far speak for themselves.

I definitely plan to give him some business in the future.

cool. i searched in styleforum and theres someone who got the hickory shirt. hes going to post fit pics

Thanks. This one is a bit big, but it's a work shirt, so not really a problem, is it?

Yeah I think they look good a little loose... that's the way they did it back in the day. I got a Rag & Bone chambray recently (unfortunately for about 75x what you paid), was going to post pics once I have my camera again, but may now settle for Photobooth... it's a bit loose on me, and I like that style.

Also, pwing can we get any fit shots of that Lee shirt, if you're wearing it yet (as opposed to collecting)? Nice looking shirt there too.

sam posted pics of his client who ordered a shirt of his. it's pretty gd sick. i've already emailed him reserving a spot for his next shirt. i hope he cooperates with reservations.