Workshirts

gimmegimme

So I tried my hand at making a chambray utility shirt. Easy enough right? Not as easy as it looks, but with a little determination and a seam ripper I was able to make something wearable.

I used a commercially available pattern and altered it a tad bit. Made the collars not so big, obviously re-patterned the pockets, and changed the cuff style.

001medium.jpg

cigarette pocket.

002small.jpg

Utitlity pocket

003smalll.jpg

Collar. I used some vintage selvage brown fabric I found on ebay. Kinda gauzy.

004small.jpg

The placket. I used some black cat's eye corrozo buttons. I really like these buttons.

005small.jpg

Close up of the button.

006small.jpg

Cuffs. I went for a no-placket cuff kinda like the vintage big yanks.

009small.jpg

A fabric close up. On expensive fabric someone might call this "loom chatter." On cheap fabric they call it a flaw.

008small.jpg

And of course some fit pics.

015mediumb.jpg

010medium.jpg

Quoted to get this awesome shirt on another page and because I can't rep it again so soon. No ulterior motive at all I assure you

Rant: Why the hell can't Levis make a simple denim work shirt without any distressing, washing, fake fading, etc? I just got a 40% + free shipping email and went to their site and they have ONE basic denim shirt and it's a western... then I see a few workshirts but they have to distressed, patched, etc. There are a couple of new shirts on there I really like such as those plaid stock work shirts with the vintage style buttons and tab collar... but why can't they just make ONE in denim without fucking it up.

same here; i know many of you disagree but i just couldnt get over the rounded collar of the last polka dot shirt. Hoping the new polka dot & wabash designs will appeal to me more

same here; i know many of you disagree but i just couldnt get over the rounded collar of the last polka dot shirt. Hoping the new polka dot & wabash designs will appeal to me more

my main concern about eworkers shirt is that they are too short.

i am tired of constantly having to tuck them again and again in my pants ....

^This is a complaint of mine with most shirts these days. It seems that tucking a shirt is becoming a lost art. 90% of shirts I try on always seem too short.

It's good to know that in advance about the eworkers shirts, I was considering ordering one or two but won't if they are cut short.

^This is a complaint of mine with most shirts these days. It seems that tucking a shirt is becoming a lost art. 90% of shirts I try on always seem too short.

It's good to know that in advance about the eworkers shirts, I was considering ordering one or two but won't if they are cut short.

They are great quality but way too short. They drive me crazy. 28" for the back length is just way too short if you are any where near 6'. On the other hand, I like the rounded collar.

Rant: Why the hell can't Levis make a simple denim work shirt without any distressing, washing, fake fading, etc? I just got a 40% + free shipping email and went to their site and they have ONE basic denim shirt and it's a western... then I see a few workshirts but they have to distressed, patched, etc. There are a couple of new shirts on there I really like such as those plaid stock work shirts with the vintage style buttons and tab collar... but why can't they just make ONE in denim without fucking it up.

Got this one at Kohl's of all places if this is kind of what you're looking for.

DSC_0336.jpg

my main concern about eworkers shirt is that they are too short.

i am tired of constantly having to tuck them again and again in my pants ....

quite pricey but the Hellers cafe shirts are usually quite long; you might want to check those out?

im not that tall but sometimes the shirt gets untucked because the side parts (u know where back and front pieces meet) are cut quite high.

quite pricey but the Hellers cafe shirts are usually quite long; you might want to check those out?

im not that tall but sometimes the shirt gets untucked because the side parts (u know where back and front pieces meet) are cut quite high.

i agree Slab.

best shirts imo are freewheelers and derivates, i never had the opportunity to buy one from heller's cafe. i guess they are warehouse related then.

i dont know if eworkers doesnt make shirts for them from time to time

• 3 weeks later...