Workshirts

gimmegimme

wait, the warp and weft are both black and off white in the salt and pepper chambray?

coleslaw

i have posted some pics from the 40s with red work shirts. cant say if they are chambrays, although i think most were salt and pepper and blue, still there were some real black ones and brown and tan colored ones too. as far as i can can tell from pics of that time.

here is a pic i have already posted with a red one

1a35444u.jpg?t=1245576969

grant your expertise on vintage clothing is incredible, thanks for those posts.

RE: Coloured chambrays...

Here's an Osh Kosh (not a manly man's brand I guess) shirt that's in a teal green with what looks like a nice redline selvage. Looks like a pretty dope colour from the pics:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Vintage-Osh-Kosh-Deadstock-Chambray-Work-Shirt-Small_W0QQitemZ200353844029QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVintage_Men_s_Clothing?hash=item2ea6050b3d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1215|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

• 3 weeks later...

Bigyen, i owe you a hook-up on another shirt.

PM me next week, i'll be in NYC, you can come to the new store and take a look...

I had it made by a guy who is starting up a new business. I'm actually setting up a group buy with him soon, so more info is coming... BTW each shirt in the group buy will be MTM.

Alright, I've set up a thread on styleforum about the MTM chambray workshirt group buy.

I'll probably run the group buy out of SF rather than in two places. If you aren't or don't want to be a member there, I'd be happy to answer questions or respond to PMs here. Just a reminder- each shirt will be made to measure based on your measurements!