Workshirts

gimmegimme

• 2 months later...
38 minutes ago, JDelage said:

Anyone getting the Gustin Cone denim shirt? 

https://www.weargustin.com/store/shirts-the-cone-101-workshirt

I got it when it was released the very first time before they offered it in slim. It's a great shirt but 2 buttons came undone pretty fast. I would recommend getting a slim and not regular shirt.

I have two Gustin workshirts, the 101 in Large and the Wabisabi in Large Slim. Both fit pretty true to their description. I'm generally a Large in most Western brands' shirts, and the 101 fits like a classic workshirt / overshirt—not boxy, but definitely not slim—while the Wabisabi is much for fitted. I generally tuck in the Wabisabi, but don't tend to tuck in the 101. I've probably done WAYWT posts wearing both. For reference, I'm around 6'2" 180 lbs.

11 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

I have two Gustin workshirts, the 101 in Large and the Wabisabi in Large Slim. Both fit pretty true to their description. I'm generally a Large in most Western brands' shirts, and the 101 fits like a classic workshirt / overshirt—not boxy, but definitely not slim—while the Wabisabi is much for fitted. I generally tuck in the Wabisabi, but don't tend to tuck in the 101. I've probably done WAYWT posts wearing both. For reference, I'm around 6'2" 180 lbs.

Your description is so helpful to me and you’re right, boxy was not the best descriptor.

one question: How frequently do you wash your shirts? 

I wear these shirts like work shirts in hot summer and they get ripe without laundering. I find my typical $40 chambray from Mountain Khaki or similar does not shrink (L stays L) but my true selvedge denim shirts do shrink so I buy XL to become L.

Sometimes I wear them setting and pulling nets in the Gulf and thats all at the beach wading through surf so they constantly get wet/dry cycles which shrinks them.

thanks again

33 minutes ago, bigblack said:

I got it when it was released the very first time before they offered it in slim. It's a great shirt but 2 buttons came undone pretty fast. I would recommend getting a slim and not regular shirt.

Does the Slim have restrictive shoulders?

The Slim fit isn't really any more restrictive in the shoulders than the regular, but the arms are much slimmer, all the way up to the top. My one big issue with the Slim fit is that it rides up a bit in my arm pits because of this. Both fits do flare out towards the bottom, yeah.

I wash the 101 workshirt pretty frequently, and it's one of the few indigo-dyed things that I consistently put through the dryer as well—actually, I just pulled it out a few minutes ago. It's held onto its dye extremely well, and has a lot of really nice puckering / marbling. There was a little shrinkage the first time it went through the wash, and maybe a little more the first time it went through the dryer, but definitely not a full size.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/10/2019 at 1:26 PM, JDelage said:

Anyone getting the Gustin Cone denim shirt? 

https://www.weargustin.com/store/shirts-the-cone-101-workshirt

Just received it a few days ago and I'm wearing it today for the first time. It doesn't really compare to a SDA or an IH, but for $124 total, it's hard to beat. For now it's very stiff and dark. I went from the slim fit L, which is my usual size in Gustin, and it works well.

42 minutes ago, JDelage said:

Just received it a few days ago and I'm wearing it today for the first time. It doesn't really compare to a SDA or an IH, but for $124 total, it's hard to beat. For now it's very stiff and dark. I went from the slim fit L, which is my usual size in Gustin, and it works well.

They show Sold Out now but I would have grabbed one for sure at that price  ;-(

• 4 weeks later...

After 7 months of waiting I finally received my Ciano Farmer Denim Co. workshirt. This is 14oz Texas denim lot# 12 red selvage. I didn’t opt to have taped seams and I decided on the Corozo buttons. I really like the chain stitch run off and the gussets. 

Fit is perfect, except the length. I’m not a tall person. The fabric is really smooth to the touch and should break in very easily. 

This is a hefty shirt and I’ll be wearing in mainly as a jacket. Should work perfect for the mild winters here in Houston. Buttoning this shirt is a chore but should get easier with time.  I’ve wanted a denim piece made with Texas denim and constructed in Texas for a while now. Can’t wait to post progress pic in a year or two. 

4B16C55F-8F04-4CC8-94BF-57A564C6B15E.jpeg

71ED501A-A3C6-4A15-A29F-B3AF73BDBA02.jpeg

0F2BEAE8-98EF-46DF-BA58-47BDEE079EF6.jpeg

CD8979AF-1D7E-4D3B-9704-CE4B49228943.jpeg

35145903-37B2-4033-9391-5A510674FD4F.jpeg

0F9C0A05-9025-4F16-B191-71AF62829227.jpeg

A6E92126-E469-4CE0-AC72-3BB684637EEA.jpeg

I've been eyeing CFD for quite a while now. Overall I'm impressed with their work, at least in pics. That shirt looks great. Lead time is longer than I expected, tho. Pls post some fit pics when you have a chance. Nice score! 

RMC 8HU is a great chambray,  also for something different have a look at Nama from Thailand. Their heavy chambray is one of my favourite shirts. I'm going to buy another soon as weight gain has made mine a little snug lately. ...

https://namadenim.com/collections/shirts

That Nama shirt has my favourite way of executing the cuff and lower part of the sleeve so you get double fabric at your elbows. Clean and practical.

50 minutes ago, Pedro said:

@Geeman

I was introduced to Nama Denim when they had a display on 1st floor of Terminal 21.

Have you found their fit proportional? 

They have a perm store in T21 now, second floor IIRC. Unusually for a Thai Brand their Medium is very near a UK M but a very slim fit one. The size charts last time I checked are accurate.

The heavy chambray fabric is pretty substantial for a chambray.