Workshirts

gimmegimme

Since the RT overdyed workshirt is sold out already.. Suggestions for a subtle overdyed workshirt, preferably in 8-10+ oz? I would like something without contrasting thread/buttons. Much like the RT one.

Thoughts on the Norse Projects one?

Norse Projects = decent stuff, although I'd get the raw version.

The RGT is 13.5oz.

I'm not a massive fan of N&F and it's not RGT quality, but the blanket lined over dyed Indigo Work Shirt is decent. More winter oriented because of the blanket lining. It's 12oz.

Edited by clayton

Norse Projects = decent stuff, although I'd get the raw version.

The RGT is 13.5oz.

I'm not a massive fan of N&F and it's not RGT quality, but the blanket lined over dyed Indigo Work Shirt is decent. More winter oriented because of the blanket lining. It's 12oz.

Thanks for the feedback! I'd get the raw version if I could find it in XL, so far I've only found it in L, curse of being larger than average I guess. The blanket lining is the reason I'm holding off on the N&F, that and some issues I have had with stitching/quality on other N&F-items, but I guess it can be a backup!

Thanks again :)

Thanks.

Size 16, for a 42 chest, haven't washed yet but I'm told 2cm/1inch across chest, I'll update if people want to know.

That being said I cold wash all my shirts so I'm not expecting the max hot wash shrinkage.

edit: I'd actually emailed the ever-speedy John from Speedway about this issue before you asked, and he's just replied. He says with a cold wash shrinkage shouldn't even be noticeable.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Aries

• 4 weeks later...

hey aries just for comparisons sake whats your height and weight? im thinking of getting that cassidy shirt and am just curious on how i should size.

thanks

Sorry for the late reply mate, just saw this. I'm 6'2 around 185-190lbs.

Great shirts kasper!

• 2 months later...

Nice looking Levi's Made & Crafted wabash workshirt on sale for €80.

I'd consider it if I didn't already have the Flat Head version.

http://www.novoidplus.com/shop/levis-made-crafted-work-shirt-indigo-wabash-p-3946.html

I remember I’ve read it somewhere in Sugar Cane’s catalog from last year or the year before that the purpose chinstraps is wind proofing when button up. Doesn’t make any sense to me but that was printed in SC's catalog.

I thought it was for expansion. If you have a fat neck you just button the second chinstrap buttonhole to the top button. Mf pictures show this.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Man, I am in need of a thick heavy workshirt this thread just made it that much more of a need. Great fit picture in here.

One of my favorite things ive seen on this forum

Picked this up last week, most likely late 40's early 50's.

Obvioulsy needs some work done on it, but after that I'll proudly wear it. I will be back with more pics once I find some time to patch it up.

For now:

2950160158_450a62c2b6_o.jpg

2950160762_15bbb13b37_o.jpg

"J" obviously wore the shit out of it

2950160430_a8ce175ab0_o.jpg

2950160992_25ed191d6f.jpg

Most likely suspender buckle wear

2950161176_ed4af94696_o.jpg

It has clearly been worn tucked into highback bib overalls, as there is an obvious colour difference and faded "X".