Workshirts

gimmegimme

I'm an inveterate tucker, and short tails drive me crazy. Interestingly, the best fitting modern production button down that I've come across was from JC Pennys recent BigMac repro line that came and disappeared so quickly. It is a khaki twill that has longer than normal tails, and the sides have a slight tailoring to it. Not so much like the lately popular 'athletic' cut, but just enough so you don't get alot of bunching at the sides. It's the perfect combo of staying put, looking trim, and room for movement. I think they must have dug up old patterns from back in the day, as this sort of cutting seems to mystify modern clothing designers for some reason.

i just scooped up a beams "hard wear" work shirt off of ebay and was curious if anyone could give me more info about the "hard wear" line - i cannot seem to find anything online, but i'm guessing its just a vintage beams shirt.

thanks!

my first Bootleggers/Freewheelers shirt

expected this to be rather light fabric but its quite a heavy shirt. details and quality are amazing, to say the least. Definitely wont be my last shirt from these guys. this one does have serious tail!

6080107247_4db38c4dda.jpg

Picture 254 by SLAB13, on Flickr

6080107339_5cd3269628.jpg

Picture 256 by SLAB13, on Flickr

6080107287_7895115b4c.jpg

Picture 255 by SLAB13, on Flickr

6080107393_2c7ddd2d12.jpg

Picture 257 by SLAB13, on Flickr

I'm on the hunt for shirt options with interesting fabrics. By interesting I mean good texture/slub/nep/etc.

It started when I found this shot of a lovely N&F shirt pocket bouncing around tumblr:

P1010005.JPG

Annnd it ended when I found out that shirt is darted on the back. Can't get into that. I'm a slim guy, but I like to run and jump and bend and stuff.

Any other recommendations?

ok that was actually my first assumption, but then today i saw a Carhartt work shirt with the union made label and a made in china tag which made me doubt that, although i guess they could also be made in china under union labour conditions.. :rolleyes:

This is a problem that I have bitched about (and caught flak for bitching about) for some time now. Every brand that wants to shoulder into the whole retro theme these days slaps a union label on their crap, when not a stitch on it was layed down by someone employed from organized labor. So now cheap shit cranked out by exloited labor in (fill in origin of your choice) can pretend to be livelyhood supporting goods rather than the false property driving everyone (except the company top brass) to the lowest common denominator. And the few and far between companies that actually are willing to forego some measure of profit so their workers can actually live in first world (or at least second world) conditions reap no benefit in the market place because, like has just been illustrated, it may just be assumed that the union label is just another meaningless marketing tag.

I'm on the hunt for shirt options with interesting fabrics. By interesting I mean good texture/slub/nep/etc.

It started when I found this shot of a lovely N&F shirt pocket bouncing around tumblr:

P1010005.JPG

Annnd it ended when I found out that shirt is darted on the back. Can't get into that. I'm a slim guy, but I like to run and jump and bend and stuff.

Any other recommendations?

Hey Hollows...saw this the other day:

"

Chambrays by McCoys have been using fabric whereby the fibres texture and dye is uneven. The result is a stunning cloth with a dramatic grain produced especially for McCoys. They produced the black version for the spring collection and the results are incredible."

on: http://www.superdenim.co.uk/prodpage.asp?productid=575

might be of interest

Hi guys. Got this shirt, and wanted to post it for sale since it's too big for me. It's definitely old, and well made. Fabric is cotton, but definitely not Chambray. I don't know exactly how to describe it. Seems similar to that N&F shirt posted above.

Measurements are 23.5" PTP and 29" from collar to tails. If any of you guys are looking for a shirt that you don't have to worry about the tails coming out this one's for you.

DSC_5926.jpg

DSC_5929.jpg

Gussets.

DSC_5930.jpg

Send me a PM if you're interested!

Not sure where else to post this, but since Workers gets the most attention in this thread…

Yesterday I visited the K&TH Store in Kurashiki. Wonderful shop and wonderful town. It was a treat to handle a number of Takashi's garments at one time. The September jackets and shirts are fucking gorgeous. I was shown an original Abercrombie and Fitch wartime bag and the reproduction, which was spot-on. Unfortunately, there was nothing I wanted to purchase, but I did take a few photos for your guys.

6158177345_13006137a3_z.jpg

6158269193_c5e24a7d93_z.jpg

6158812062_f4ed8c8e27_z.jpg

6158813198_50531e50cf_z.jpg