Workshirts

gimmegimme

I don't like it. It reminds me of the 70's wranglers for some reason.

Thanks all!! Yeah, I like the Black S&P one too. I'm going to place the order. Man, I'm just on a buying spree mood. Love it!!

HH, I agree, but I also think it's a versitile shirt in that you can rock it out with pretty much anything while still maintaining that workwear shirt look. If I'm not mistaken, that's also a Lofgren shirt with chinstrap.

I am not a big fan of black shirts with denim jeans. I would go with the brown.

took some pics of the KTH polkadot shirt

DSC_1427.jpg

DSC_1421.jpg

imo, still acceptable untucked because i think the length is not too long. (i'm comparing to my McHill/toys mccoy shirt which has the same pointy bottom but has longer length)

DSC_1425.jpg

this is my most expensive spending on shirts to date, but it's really worth the €€€

Gap has some striped ones for about $50....nothing exactly like this but some are striped.

Hmm, I've been trying to avoid The Gap's workwear shit but their striped workshirt does fit the bill, and for 40 bucks...

took some pics of the KTH polkadot shirt

DSC_1427.jpg

DSC_1421.jpg

imo, still acceptable untucked because i think the length is not too long. (i'm comparing to my McHill/toys mccoy shirt which has the same pointy bottom but has longer length)

DSC_1425.jpg

this is my most expensive spending on shirts to date, but it's really worth the €€€

When I got my shirt, I was surprised at how different the KTH shirt is compared to the freewheelers. The polka dots are much larger on KTH, which, my old lady says, "can make you dizzy." What does she know though? The blue on the KTH shirt is not as dark as on the Freewheeler as well. I love both shirts. On the KTH I don't like the rounded collar as much as I thought I would, although it is growing on me.

I have been trying to wear the hell out of the KTH to see how the fabric fades.

Shirt looks great, drz. I'm wishing I had sprung for one...

RNR- I had to sell my hickory stripe shirt because wearing it made me dizzy and nearly fall over.

^ Check a few pages back where I posted a different pic of the JCrew shirt (through a link provided by Rivet Head). I have a Post O'All's Railroad jacket with the same type of (Japanese) thin Covert Twill and it's, well... thin (not too thin with a little stiffness). Think chambray weight. Hope this helps.

I think this is a pretty old (pre ww2) work shirt, please tell me if you know anything else about it.

DSC_0965.jpg

DSC_0966.jpg

The shawl collar looks good, though I think I prefer a club collar (same general shape as a pointed collar, but with the point rounded off as opposed to the shawl with a continuous swept back curve). Both make a very vintage statement in a good way. Is anyone using pocket watches these days? I've been using one hung on my jeans (using the watch pocket, duh) and the bib of my Roundhouses. It seems the buttonhole for the fob might be a little high for comfort in that position. I guess it depends if you like the chain to dangle or be gathered in the pocket.

I got a few shirts I'll post up including that wabash from Levi's if people dont mind seeing some cheap-o priced shirts.

Price does not make a shirt better than another.... Remember that most of these shirts that cost hundreds of dollars are trying to be copies of shirts that cost fifty cents to dollar new.

For those of you guys into the Bootlegger's Reunion/Freewheeler's stuff, I think I may have a direct hookup in the works. I'm talking to a guy at one of the shops with a ton of their shirts who said he's just got a PayPal account and is willing to try shipping overseas (well, at least to me, in the US). And, the guy seems to speak and understand English well. If you're interested in info, pm me and I'll let you know how the first buy goes and make sure he's cool with it for other buyers. I'm not posting it so everyone and their brother can buy all the shit out. Sorry, but I'm a dick like that and I want to keep the info to myself and a few serious buyers of this type stuff.