Workshirts

gimmegimme

those workers.net shirts look awesome, but i have heared that his shirt sizing is very odd. i think crownzip also wrote me once that he ordered a shirt with them and the sizing was strange. i guess it will be safer buying from warehouse. mabye there are some people here that know more about worker.net shirts, i ordered one jacket with him and the size is for sure not a real 42 but much tighter more like a 38 or 40.

For my case, it is larger than I expected. The details make me want to keep it. cannot help it....

+1; i own two shirts from workers, both size 15.5 which compares imo to a medium, for reference im usually size Small (EU) or XS (US) so i feel the shirts are a bit big on me

+1 details are really great and construction is top-notch

I'm interested in getting something in polka dot like that workers piece below and also something striped similar to the one below. Anyone have any suggestions for workshirts with patterns similar to those who aren't sold out. I tried to get both of those workers ones but it appears both are sold out in XL. Are there other places the Workers stuff is sold besides online through their confusing (if you don't know the language) website? I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

i3-1.jpg

@glimmertwin

If you want poka dot and striped chambray fabric from Workers/KTH, you can always wait till sometime next year. Takashi-san will make more work shirts out of the same fabric and with different details. KTH shirts' fit is bit boxy...just like vintage work shirts.

Also check out Cushman. They make a lot of different work shirts with cig. pockets and train conductor front pockets. I just got this today http://www.clever-id.com/htm/cushman/shi/09/25176.html. This shop ships international and accept Paypal.

You might like these two from Cushman. I really like the black one.

http://feebles.jp/?pid=12621364

http://feebles.jp/?pid=12620877

I have Cushman 09F/W catalog in PDF. Just PM me and I'll email it to you if you want.

How does one go about ordering from the eworkers.net website? There shirts are damn beautiful and very well priced.

@glimmertwin

If you want poka dot and striped chambray fabric from Workers/KTH, you can always wait till sometime next year. Takashi-san will make more work shirts out of the same fabric and with different details. KTH shirts' fit is bit boxy...just like vintage work shirts.

Also check out Cushman. They make a lot of different work shirts with cig. pockets and train conductor front pockets. I just got this today http://www.clever-id.com/htm/cushman/shi/09/25176.html. This shop ships international and accept Paypal.

You might like these two from Cushman. I really like the black one.

http://feebles.jp/?pid=12621364

http://feebles.jp/?pid=12620877

I have Cushman 09F/W catalog in PDF. Just PM me and I'll email it to you if you want.

Thanks, Snake - that's all great information. PM sent about the Cushman catalog....I think I'll be making my first Japanese purchase soon.

I'm interested in getting something in polka dot like that workers piece below and also something striped similar to the one below. Anyone have any suggestions for workshirts with patterns similar to those who aren't sold out. I tried to get both of those workers ones but it appears both are sold out in XL. Are there other places the Workers stuff is sold besides online through their confusing (if you don't know the language) website? I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

i3-1.jpg

What type of fabric is this shirt made out of.

It says under google translation:

Mimi Cotton with 100% · 4.2 oz Sutoraipushanbure

"mimi" (also read as "ji") usually means "ear" but in some cases---such as this one---can mean "edge", so in this context means the fabric is selvage.

And, as Mr Snake correctly says, "Sutoraipushanbure", is a romanized rendering of the katakana version of "striped chambray".

Takashi, thanks for the translation. I can't wait to receive that shirt. Thanks for the fast replies and great service.

How do you fit XS with a 15.5" neck? Sorry for the derail but this jumped out at me as I DON'T KNOW MY SHIRT SIZE.

sorry, should have been more detailed, i wear an XS in certain American brands such as Engineered Garments and Post Overalls (which tends to run big), If American Apparel I fit in regular size small. (same as most European brands)

A 15.5" neck is still wearable but a tad spacious, my next shirt will definitely be a 14.5" neck from e-workers (which corresponds with size small ).

For people who have trouble deciding on the size from e-workers. Just try to find a shirt that fits you well and check those measurements with the e-workers website, then decide on the size.

ah, sorry to both of you --- I am not takashi from e-workers... common name here..!

(my kanji is like this: 敬)

Sorry for the ignorance. Thank you for the information anyway.

A couple of days ago I found some heavy hickory striped fabric with selvedge in a local thrift store. The fabric came from a factory that produced work clothes here in Denmark and it closed in the late 60's or that was what I was told, but I am fairly sure that it is from the 70's or 80's at least.

So now I want to make a shirt with a little help from my girlfriend. It is going to be a joint venture.

My girlfriend has just started studying pattern design, but I would like to know if I could find some patterns for workshirts or similar shirts somewhere online?

Furthermore I would like to know what kind of details you think should be on the workshirt of your dreams (please post pics to illustrate)?

I already have some ideas in my such as chainstrap, locker loop, double/triple stitch, maybe using chainstitch, reinforced sidegusset etc etc

If I actually end up making a shirt, I will of course post pictures of the final result.

But please help me with some ideas. Thanks

Buy a cheap work shirt and take it apart for the pattern. Pockets shouldn't be too hard to design if you want to change it up.