Workshirts

gimmegimme

Great thread...i have a couple of the FH western chambray (7004W) (although technically one could argue that western shirts are a more practical work shirt for wearing when working with cattle (snaps)..., but just managed to track down one of their chambray work shirts (7006W) in black...like this....

http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/s/?@0_mall/2nd/cabinet/fh-271-01-pt-r/fh-7006w-bk-02.jpg

...which i've been trying to find for about a year!

Loving the work shirts from post at the mo too

please do tell where you have found this in black. been lookin for this one for quite a while as well.

Nice Post shirts. I have one of his early denim work shirts with pearl cateye buttons - like the fact it was made in NYC.

Some of the vintage work shirts are ebay finds, others from the flea markets, others trades with friends. It's still possible to find great old work shirts hanging on the racks at rag shops as well. Friend of mine picked up a '30's chin strap work shirt for $20 here in NYC last summer!

Oh i missed this thread until now. Some great stuff here.

I've had my eye on the e-workers website:

http://www.e-workers.net/store/14/top.htm

The current shirts look amazing

1.jpg

7.jpg

i1-1.jpg

There is also a section about how they are made.

I got a post o'alls chambray a little while ago and the quality is sublime, check the post o'alls thread I made. I have a fit pic after soaking and washing that I will upload this weekend. I read that they are actually made in "an original railroad work wear factory in New Jersey"

Kato make some great shirts. Here's a chambray and an interesting pinstripe work shirt.

kato-denim-sh-2.jpg

3540-300.jpg

Description:

Kato S-18-C pinstripe shirt with contrast cut-away collar and cuffs, large shield-shaped chest pocket and wide, smok-style 4 button placket, plus vented hem and central dart at back shoulders.

Based on a 20s office/ work shop shirt, the pullover style was foremost in Japan at this time and the cotton has been left un-dyed on the collar and cuffs to show the natural fabric. The stripes are actually in the cotton to hold the feel of the era and show the strength of the virgin cotton fabric. The hand-stitched finish gives a true feel to the garment.

Hey Fardin,

Yes, i've got a several Big Yanks, mostly from the 50's.

The Japanese do a decent job reproducing work shirts, but there's nothing like the originals. For now it's still possible to find them for less than the cost of repros - you just have to look long enough for them.

crwonzip,

what do you think of the e workers big yank repros?

any repros wich you consider really accurate?

yes i have been strolling on e bay for some nice real deals, but havent found any yet

and beatle yes crownzip won

fardin,

If you live in the US, try and hit as many flea markets as early in the day as possible as vintage clothing collectors will snap them up fast or check out second hand and vintage clothing stores that may have them hidden on the racks. If you're willing to pay more, check out Stock vintage in NYC as they always seen to have a number of cool original work shirts on the racks.

The Buzz Rickson WWII USN chambray shirt is really sweet. It washes and fades just like the originals and they really get the cut correct for my size (16). I've also seen some nice Japanese repros of the chin strap Headlight denim shirt but don't own one.

The Workers shirts use incredibly accurate fabric, stitching and buttons but the overall fit seems strange. The sleeves are cut so narrow it's difficult to roll them up and the neck hole seems large for my size. Also, the sizes run different from shirt to shirt which makes it difficult to know what size you should order. A couple months back I ordered one of his black chambray chinstrap shirts and a stripped chinstrap shirt, both sz. 16. The black chambray shirt was small when I tried it on but wearable, but shrunk when washed making it extremely tight, the other shirt fit fine.

thanks for the detailed answer crownzip

no i live in europe, so no chance here, but maybe when i am in the states again or on e bay.

yes i have seen the black and the striped one on takashis site but was too late for an order.

i guess i will order some buzz stuff i also like their herringbone shirts.

the thing is with most japanese repros one really has to be fast to catch one cause they are sold out pretty quick

kind regards

Picked this up last week, most likely late 40's early 50's.

Obvioulsy needs some work done on it, but after that I'll proudly wear it. I will be back with more pics once I find some time to patch it up.

For now:

2950160158_450a62c2b6_o.jpg

2950160762_15bbb13b37_o.jpg

"J" obviously wore the shit out of it

2950160430_a8ce175ab0_o.jpg

2950160992_25ed191d6f.jpg

Most likely suspender buckle wear

2950161176_ed4af94696_o.jpg

It has clearly been worn tucked into highback bib overalls, as there is an obvious colour difference and faded "X".