Canadian are stupid

gimmegimme

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no i mean as a country

my family voted ndp, cause we workin class

No hate but... Fuck the NDP (esspecially the provincial NDP). I'm not excited by any of the other remaining options, but fuck the NDP.

Taxing the shit out of business = businesses move to china / india / elsewhere = no jobs for working class.

How does that help?

boy he didn't waste any time.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20081015.welxnharper1015/BNStory/politics/home?cid=al_gam_mostemail

“We are looking for the opportunity to elect senators, but if at some point it becomes clear some senators are not going to be elected, the government will name senators to ensure that the elected will of the House of Commons and the people of Canada is reflected in the Senate.”

so if the country elects the senators that we don't like, we will appoint the ones that we like to ensure we get our way.

boy he didn't waste any time.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20081015.welxnharper1015/BNStory/politics/home?cid=al_gam_mostemail

“We are looking for the opportunity to elect senators, but if at some point it becomes clear some senators are not going to be elected, the government will name senators to ensure that the elected will of the House of Commons and the people of Canada is reflected in the Senate.â€

so if the country elects the senators that we don't like, we will appoint the ones that we like to ensure we get our way.

cant they just rig elections like we do here?

congrats :)

looks like you fuck heads made the same mistake that overly left wing citizens in my country made 8 years ago. Rather than getting together and ensuring conservatives do not fuck up your nations social programs and infrastructure, you guys decided to split up your votes by selfishly voting for the party that most reflected your own personal "progressive" values rather than compromising.. therefore giving the conservatives the most solid voting block. You guys played right into their clammy money grubbing hands.

So while most of you are liberal, you decided not to band together on a party that would help the majority of your broke asses the best. Oldest trick in the book. Good job America Jr, you just fucked your shit.

See ya at 2012! (:

congrats :)

looks like you fuck heads made the same mistake that overly left wing citizens in my country made 8 years ago. Rather than getting together and ensuring conservatives do not fuck up your nations social programs and infrastructure, you guys decided to split up your votes by selfishly voting for the party that most reflected your own personal "progressive" values rather than compromising.. therefore giving the conservatives the most solid voting block. You guys played right into their clammy money grubbing hands.

So while most of you are liberal, you decided not to band together on a party that would help the majority of your broke asses the best. Oldest trick in the book. Good job America Jr, you just fucked your shit.

See ya at 2012! (:

ndp and liberal are fairly different parties though....

its too bad we dont have a straight 2 major parties instead of 2 and one half sized.

its too bad we dont have a straight 2 major parties instead of 2 and one half sized.

yeah, because a two party system works so splendidly! :rolleyes: i guess canada's case is different because you guys dont have winner-take-all elections, but still, two party systems have a tendency to silence the minority...which could be good, or very bad.

If we had 2 major parties, I think the conservatives might have done even better than they did. The liberals (and Dion) put on such a weak showing that we would probably have a majority Conservative government now.

At least with (another) minority government, the Conservatives need to get one of the other parties on board to get anything accomplished.

Also, from what I've read, minority governments (in Canada, at least) historically don't last very long, so I wouldn't be shocked if there was another election in 2 years.

yeah, because a two party system works so splendidly! :rolleyes: i guess canada's case is different because you guys dont have winner-take-all elections, but still, two party systems have a tendency to silence the minority...which could be good, or very bad.

how its working now isnt working at all though. :)